Hilton Garden Inn New York/Central Park South-Midtown West
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lexington, Kentucky
“Very nice stay...”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I really enjoyed my stay. I booked one of the two junior suites they offer for 3 nights. I am Hilton Diamond and travel a lot. You get free breakfast buffet each day.

Hotel staff totally rocks. EXTREMELY helpful. Rooms are great and super clean. Love I can brew real coffee in the room when I wake up. The breakfast buffet needs some help. Fruit is not good, no yogurt offered and bacon is very undercooked. I asked each day for the bacon to be cooked more for me which they did. The service was excellent. The TV stations in the room are great, in HD and 4 ESPN channels. It was basketball time and needed to watch a few games.

The only reason I did not give the property 5 stars is the elevators and buffet. They do not have a service elevator and with all the people needing to get up and down it is suboptimal. You can tell the staff feels everyone's pain with this issue.

One odd is the bed is not the HGI type you can change the firmness with the dial. That was a let down as I love that option when I travel.

I would stay here again, but not with clients. I location is super perfect.

Room Tip: High floor. One day they were doing concrete work and you really wanted to be up high.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Frank C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Central Park South-Midtown West, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thank you for your review and your positive commentary on our staff. Please note that we have rectified the concerns with breakfast and we welcome you back so that we may exceed your expectations.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
California
Reviewed 21 March 2014

My stay started with a friendly and professional welcome and check in. I asked for a room on a high floor and they accommodated me on the 29th floor. The lobby is modern but welcoming with comfortable chairs and a fireplace in the lobby. My room was immaculately clean and bright; everything worked great; all of the electrical plugs were a nice touch to plug in all of the gadgets.

I will stay here again when I return to New York

1 Thank willgr26
Thank you for your review, we are pleased to learn that we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back as our return guest.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My friend and I stayed in a Double Queen room March 12th-14th, 2014. We had gotten a great deal from TravelZoo before the hotel had been built. The reviews were pretty good but had a few complaints, so I didn't quite know what to expect; I'm very picky when it comes to staying in hotels that I'm not familiar with.

I am so glad to say this was the greatest hotel experience I've ever had! The staff were very friendly and courteous, especially those working at the front desk and those cleaning the rooms. Also, everyone spoke perfect and clear English, which is sometimes difficult to find in the city.

Most of the reviews I read about this hotel included complaints about the elevators running slow, so I was expecting a slow ride, but the elevators were extremely quick- probably the quickest I've ever been in. They only seem to run slow because the maintenance staff also has to run errands with them; they do not have a freight elevator. They hear they need one all the time, though (heard it being said to them multiple times from other guests), so you probably don't need to remind them as they cannot do anything about it.

We stayed in 1613, a corner room on the 16th floor. Everything was clean and organized to perfection. We didn't expect to have much space, as we had two queen beds, but there was enough room for two people to, comfortably, move about with two pieces of small luggage. The wardrobe has several hangers available to hang clothes, and the dressers seemed rather large, though we didn't put anything in them. The in-room Keurig and few complimentary K-Cups were a nice touch.

The bathroom has a very cool, yet shocking, mirror with a rectangle frame of white light around the edge; it made us look like we were on some sort of weird drug and it isn't ideal for putting on makeup, but the coolness factor ruled out how striking it was. The shower was roomy and had plenty of room for toiletries. The only reason I gave Rooms only 4 stars is because there is no fan in the bathroom, so the shower got very steamy (uncomfortably so) unless the door was ajar. This was not a huge problem for us, but it was a bit of an inconvenience.

I would DEFINITELY stay here again if another awesome deal came along. Great job, Hilton!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Frank C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Central Park South-Midtown West, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Thank you for your review and sharing that you had the best stay ever in our hotel. We pride ourselves on having the BEST customer service and the coolest, hippest hotel in the area.
scotland
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We stayed for 7 nights from 9th March 2014, this was our first trip to NY.

The Hotel for us represented fantastic value for money compared to similar hotels in the area and we will return.

Pros
Great location - on 54th and Broadway, Central park and Times Square only a 10 minute stroll away for us.
Complimentary Wi Fi.
Complimenary coffee and tea in rooms (Pod machine)
Complimentary tea and coffee in reception in the morning.
Fridge and microwave in room, we only used the fridge but I'd imagine in the summer months the fridge would be a major plus to have.
Beds are very comfortable.
Staff are so helpful.

Average
The room heating was turned up too high by previous occupant, I turned it down so not really a problem, It is a wee bit noisy though.

Lifts are a bit slow at peak times, staff using them does slow them down but there is no space for an extra lift so it is what it is.

Soundproofing between the rooms is average, we had two inconsiderate loud girls in the next room coming home very drunk at 04:45 the last day we were there, security were called after half an hour (not by us) and asked them to be quiet and I'm sure they were thrown out the next day, so if this was the case - well done Hilton

We found a great Thai restaurant on 55th and 8th Avenue (Chai Thai) Great luch options up to 4pm - 2 courses for 2 just over $17 + tip, we ate there on four occasions

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review and taking time to share all of the "Pro's" within our hotel including our Team and amenities.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This hotel was perfect for our trip and we got a great rate on Travel zoo. This was our first visit to New York so we did a lot of sight seeing and weren't spending a lot of time in the hotel itself. Everything was new and everyone working there was very nice. Yes the rooms were a little small, but as I learned, so is every other space in NYC. The water pressure was not very good but they have full size blow dryers that work well. They could probably upgrade on the toilet paper. Different times of the day the elevators took a while, but go pretty fast once you get in. Big plus was that they were able to let us check in very early and were also able to accommodate a late check out. It is also in a great location.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your 5 star review and noting our hotel as "Perfect".
New England
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Just stayed here March 15th and 16th. Arrived at 11AM and was given a room right away. Nice new clean rooms, elevators were always fast. Only issue we had was the fitted sheet on the bed did not fit the nice new extra pillow top mattress. One one side of the bed it barely went an inch down the side of the mattress. Of course it popped off during the night. Have encountered this issue at other brand new hotels. Seems like a shame they spend a lot of money for nice beds, and then don't have fitted sheets that actually fit the mattress. The bed itself was very comfortable. Overall had a pleasant stay. Booked the Travelzoo rate of $119, so that was SWEET for a nice new property.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BostonVince
Thank you for taking time to post your review and sharing your feedback regarding the fitted sheets. Please note that we have just ordered deeper pocket fitted sheets.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 March 2014

This is one of the newer Hilton properties in Manhattan, and it shows. The staff has an enthusiastic attitude to customer service. The rooms are small (as most business class hotels in NYC are), but well-appointed. Spacious showers, and the room noise level is low. Great location for access to Carnegie Hall, Central park, and theater district, etc. Housekeeping did a good job. Only complaint was the minuscule closet. Not much space to hang anything. My first stay I needed a tutorial on how to work the thermostat. Having hit many of the Hilton properties in Manhattan, I can say this is one of the nicer ones.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from elevator.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review and recognizing our Team and Great service.
Also consider these accommodations in or near New York City
Courtyard by Marriott New York Manhattan/Central Park
Courtyard by Marriott New York M...
#228 of 466 in New York City
Fairfield Inn & Suites New York ...
#5 of 32 in Long Island City
Lower East Side
Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side
Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Sid...
#214 of 466 in New York City
Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Central Park
Residence Inn New York Manhattan...
#111 of 466 in New York City
Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhatta...
#12 of 32 in Long Island City
Moderne Hotel
Moderne Hotel
#75 of 466 in New York City

Been to Hilton Garden Inn New York/Central Park South-Midtown West? Share your experiences!