Hilton Garden Inn New York/Central Park South-Midtown West
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ameritania Hotel(New York City)
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
Courtyard(New York City)
View Hotel
Moderne Hotel(New York City)
View Hotel
Dream Midtown(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Da Vinci Hotel(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
WestHouse Hotel New York(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)
  • Fitness centre
The Manhattan Club(New York City)
2,812 results
All reviewscentral parkempire steakhousegreat locationtimes squarenew yorkkeurig coffee makercolumbus circleattached restaurantbathroom doorlincoln centercarnegie hallfew blocksbroadway theaterslower flooraround the cornerrooms are smallcity view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed in room 404 this past Friday night. The room has a window that faces out front to the street, a few floors above the entrance to the hotel. It's not that there is noise from traffic -- there isnt. The room could be nice and quiet. The problem is, the hotel pipes music outside to the street that you can hear in the room at all hours of the night. I assume any room facing the front of the building that is low down will have this problem. We asked to be moved, and they wouldn't accommodate. Then we asked twice if the music could be shut off (the second time at 3am), When we checked out the next morning, we said we couldnt sleep because of the music, and the concierge, said, "Oh, yeah, we've gotten that complaint before -- we are looking into it." ?!?!?!?! Strikes me as something easy to fix. Just turn it off. If you are looking for a quiet place to sleep, I wouldnt recommend.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank CalDC W
Frank C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Central Park South-Midtown West, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Thank you for taking time to share your recent experience with us. Please accept our apologies for the loud music interruption and please note that we have corrected this.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We got an excellent deal on Travelzoo, and were upgraded to a city-view room (from what I'm not sure maybe alley-view) upon arrival. Staff was very friendly and polite. Lobby is a little small but nicely decorated and lots of comfy seating. Coffee is available in the morning. The room was very comfortable. It was not noisy. I had trouble with wifi in the room but used the business center a few times with no problems. Characters Pub next door was fun, Applejack Diner around the corner was fast and had good food. It is really a good location for so many things, theaters, Times Square, Central Park, Rockefeller Center, subways. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor, with one king bed. I liked the city view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Frank C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Central Park South-Midtown West, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

You couldn't ask for a better location, just steps from Central Park. Rooms are are nice and have micro waves, refrigerators and Keurig coffee makers. For a newer hotel however its not kept very clean in the common areas like the lobby. My room hasn't been vacuumed although serviced and the linens look worn (I had a hole in my sheet!) not what I was expecting for a new hotel. Its quiet and comfortable. I would stay here again but look at my linens more closely. They have a nice restaurant and nice gym. Overall not bad.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Frank C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Central Park South-Midtown West, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you for your recent review. I have shared your feedback regarding your sheets with our Team and have implemented an additional linen inspection layer in our process to ensure this does not occur again.

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

I had a meeting in NYC & brought my sister along for a little fun! The location is terrific - very close to the Garment District & great shopping. Room was clean & beds comfy. My ONLY complaint is the rude, male concierge on duty today who refused to arrange a taxi or car to LaGuardia, saying "Actually guests in THIS hotel hail their own taxis!" When my sister tried to toss a napkin in his trash he told her, "Actually, the guest trash is around the corner." He also told other guests, "Actually, the hotel doesn't like you to sit around with your luggage - use the bellman." I think Mr. Actually needs an attitude adjustment if he plans to continue in the service industry! Bellman & front desk staff were friendly & great.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Amy F

Thank you for your review. Please accept our apologies regarding the challenges you speak of regarding concierge services. We have addressed and corrected your concerns with the Team.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed here in early March for business meetings. I had hoped the weather would be nice enough to take advantage of its location near the park but it didn't. The best thing about new hotels is that everything is modern clean and problem free. The staff was nice and helpful. For me the location was not ideal for my business meetings since they were across town so I got in a lot of walking exercise. But the location is excellent for sightseeing and other NYC adventures. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LizzChicago

Thank you for your review and noting our wonderful staff and great location.