“Good value excellent location”

Hilton Garden Inn New York/Central Park South-Midtown West
Ranked #219 of 473 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 June 2014

New hotel in a great location close to everything but far enough from most of the noise. The hotel is clean and in excellent condition (still new), good for a couple of nights, longer stays I would choose something else. The beds are hard and this is a 3 / 4 star hotel. Had dinner at the steakhouse restaurant, food was good but expensive.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Frank C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Central Park South-Midtown West, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for your positive review.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,751)

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Rooms are nice because they are new. Refrigerator + microwave in room, free internet. Lots of shopping and restaurants nearby.
Complaints:
1) the thermostats in the room are not really user-changeable. Guests have to call downstairs to get someone to change the temperature in the room which is frustrating
2) they sent back my Amazon order that was delivered to hotel. I had to change my reservation and when the hotel saw my original reservation was cancelled they promptly sent the package back. Not unreasonable and may even be helpful if plans are cancelled. so be careful: if packages are to sent to the hotel, make sure there is always a current reservation on file or they will return it.

Room Tip: I would not book with the 'terrace' room. its a 10'x10' boxed in area with high wood...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeff B

Thank you for your review. Please note that we are currently working to resolve the HVAC issues that you speak of.
Please accept our apologies on your Amazon delivery. As a security measure, we can not accept parcels for guests without a reservation in our system.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I had stayed here twice on business recently..
Good: Great location, close to everything, and brand new. Ed Sullivan right next door, radio city a couple blocks off... central park a few blocks away, same with times square. Desk check in super friendly and helpful. Good People.
Easy access to subway within a couple blocks as well.
Bad: Placed in room next to elevator twice, when preferences listed are away from elevator. and rooms aren't near elevator lobby, they are directly across the 4 foot hall. so a noisy night ensued. On second visit the AC system was faulty. Of course they said tell us and we will fix it, but I want it right when I get there, not sitting with AC repair man at 1130 pm when I figure out the thing isn't working.
Also - breakfast, if you pay for it, about $25 a head. For a standard buffet at a business class hotel I thought a little on high side.
I stayed again obviously after first impression, second time not so awesome and way too many other choices in the area. So I'll be giving those a shot on next visit and will report back.

Room Tip: The floors are tiny, try and stay away from the elevator if at all possible.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Please accept our apologies for your guestroom being next to an elevator with your otherwise request.
Please note that we are working on the HVAC concern you note.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel when it first opened and there were some hiccups pertaining to the cleanliness of my room, but my second stay was wonderful! I had no complaints. The hotel seems to have really worked out some of its opening issues and is really offering a great value. I fully expect to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank HotelGeographer

Thank you for your 5 star review, returning to stay with us again and taking note of all our great improvements since opening.

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night at this lovely hotel and had a very pleasant experience. The room was very spacious, clean and quiet. There was a small refrigerator and a microwave available along with a keurig coffee maker. WiFi is complimentary and they will hold your bags after check out for free which was very useful. We hope to come back again soon.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your 5 star review and including feedback on our wonderful guestroom amenities.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I had Hilton points to use so I was looking for the best Hilton property in Manhattan that had reasonable point value,location,clean rooms,and didn't have noise issues. This hotel surpassed all my criteria. We had a tough time figuring out the AC unit so we called downstairs and in less than 5 minutes an engineer was in our room helping us fix our problem. Everyone is very friendly and the location is top notch in my opinion. Close to Central Park,Times Square,Theatre District, and subway station. Our room was on the 24th floor and we had no noise issues what so ever. The rooms are small but its NYC and probably something you should expect from most hotels. They do have a representative from the Hilton Club downstairs in the lobby asking you if you would like to come over to view their property for a 90 minute presentation. The Hilton Club is apart of the Hilton Grand Vacations club I believe. Anyway we decided not to do the presentation as we were pressed for time. I will definitely plan to stay here on my next visit to NYC.

Room Tip: Request higher floor to avoid street noise
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your 5 star review and sharing the details from your recent stay with us and highlighting our great service as you note within our engineering department.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We came here on a family vacation. The location was perfect. The entire staff were extremely nice and helpful. The rooms were very clean, sound proof and beds were excellent!!!. I slept great!! I felt like I was home. Can't wait until we can visit New York City again with our kids. We will stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your 5 star review and sharing your feedback on our great staff. We look forward to welcoming you back.