Hilton Garden Inn New York/Central Park South-Midtown West
GreenLeadersSilver level
Calgary, Canada
“One of a kind!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I was there with my daughter for a couple of nights back in april. the staff were very friendly and truly exceeded our expectations. Parking was not a problem and you can park for free nearby, on some of the roads on weekends. Our room was very nice and clean. Overall, a pleasant stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Christine h
Frank C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Central Park South-Midtown West, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for your positive review. We are delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed for 5 nights on a recent trip to NYC. This hotel was perfect! It is centrally located and close to all subway lines. The staff was friendly and we always got a welcome back upon our return to the hotel. The hotel is very clean and we only had one time where we opted for the stairs due to long elevator wait times. (We were on the 9th floor and going down). Kudos to Bianca and Harrison on their friendly service! Would definitely stay at this Hilton Garden Inn again on my next trip to NYC.

1 Thank atrainsmom
Thank you for your 5 star review and taking the time to highlight specific Team members for their Great service.
Potomac, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Well, when people say things happen for a reason, that is truly the case with my most recent experience. All I can say is thank goodness for Hilton Hotels. I am a Hilton Honors member. I unfortunately had to take an unplanned business trip to NY, and found that all the Hiltons in the City were booked solid. So, I booked a room at the Lucerne. HUGE mistake! The place had a roach infestation, smelled horribly, DOES NOT have 24 hour room service, or secure wifi. I had the police called on me, and was asked to leave the Lucerne at 6:00 in the morning, because I complained about the roaches, and wanted a room change - which they never even discussed with me. After being at that hotel for only 5 hours, I was billed over $460 - even though they asked me to leave before I was supposed to. I first went to the Hilton on West 57th, and they were, unfortunately booked. After explaining my humiliating experience with the Lucerne, the young lady (sorry I forgot your name Sweetie) at the reservation desk worked to get me booked at the New Hilton Garden Inn on West 54th. Once I arrived at 8:30 am, I found the normal check-in time was 3 pm; but, was promised an immediate room once housekeeping opened at 9 am, and cleaned a room for me. Suffice it to say, I was in my nice, clean, comfy room by 11am, and was a happy camper. Everyone, except the evening concierge on Sunday - she was a pistol, was extremely professional, and it felt like being surrounded by family. Thank you guys for incredible experience!!!! Giving you all a shout out on my show!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank bytheby2014
Thank you for your 5 star review. While I am sorry to hear about the poor experience you had in the hotel you noted, we are delighted to learn that we hit a home run for you.
We look forward to welcoming you back as a return guest .
Edmonton, AB
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We couldn't be happier with our stay at The Hilton Garden Inn Central Park. It is so conveniently located between Central Park and Times Square and half a block off of Broadway. It was a great price considering the location and fairly decent size rooms for NYC. The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable and we appreciated having a fridge, Keurig machine and complimentary wifi which is was actually quite fast! I would most definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your review and positively noting our awesome amenities.
Bolingbrook
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel was a good choice. The location is close to everything without being right in the middle of Time Square. Our room was clean and fairly modern. The room does not have any bells and whistles, but who spends time in a room in New York. We did use the fridge. The lobby was well kept and the staff was great. The hotel breakfast was nice and the wait staff was wonderful. Although this is not at the top of the Hilton chain, the service was tops. I am already looking to book this hotel for next year.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for posting your positive review.
Alpharetta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Checked in with confirmed reservation for a deluxe terrace level through Hilton Hhonors app.

Front desk gives me a key to standard room next to the elevator. Does not explain that the room and rate that I have reserved and confirmed is not available.

Really?!? Just let me check in and hope I don't notice?

When I return to front desk to inquire about the room, the front desk guy asks me for a letter that confirms the specific room type. I offered to give him my confirmation number. But he says "No, I need to see the letter." What?!? Letter?

Shame on you Hilton... This type of used car salesmanship should not be a part of any Hilton property.

I will not comment on the quality of the rooms.

There is nothing worse than starting off your stay with a terrible checkin experience. Not the room that you reserved and agreed to pay for. And worse, they give you a lesser room and hope you don't notice.

Take my advice and double check to see that the room that they give you is what you paid or agreed to pay for.

4 Thank Jinsmurf
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Please know that this is not normal practice of our hotel and we apologize for the mistake made with your room type.
Please feel free to contact me directly so that we may further discuss.
Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I was very pleased with this hotel. The room looked very clean and was updated. The Hilton Garden Inn brand has been consistent in quality and standards no matter where I travel. I appreciate not having to pay a surcharge for wi-fi access and am far more comfortable here than the larger, more expensive city hotels. Great rooms and great value for NYC. Great location near everything. I will definitely come back again!

Room Tip: My room faced the front of the building. Not much to see in NYC but buildings.