“Fail with order”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Done a good work about our questions about allergies but then they failed with our order. The food didn't taste so much and was dry.

1  Thank JoacimS

Reviewed 3 July 2014

dont bother going to this diner, so under average, we did not eat our breakfast and wasted out money, go to applebees instead..

2  Thank 100caroline_
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I hate giving bad reviews but this was unfortunately the worst meal we had during out stay in New York. We did realize that it would be difficult to find a decent place to have dinner pre-theater on a Saturday evening without reservations but this was even worse than we had expected. We only stopped at this place because it was the first restaurant we could find that had any free tables. The food was tasteless but I can agree that the portions were big. You did not get a glass with your beer but had to drink from the bottle. My husband ordered a starter which was delivered to the wrong table where some other lady started to eat it even though she knew she had not ordered it. The staff did not inform us of this mistake at first, although we had already noticed, in stead they delivered a new starter after we had already started eating the main course, when we no longer wanted it.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The old Roxy was my favorite late night, lingering with friends spot in the city. Long love affair with the best cheesecake I have ever had. I was really bummed when the Broadway location closed, and looked forward to trying the new spot. The cheesecake is the same, and while I miss the old location a lot, am very happy that late night cheesecake and coffee with friend when in the city will go on.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Went before attending the theater. Thought something strange with this place. No one would seat us or seemed to want to take an order. Finally went and found a waiter and placed a very simple order. Food was OK. Had to go find him again to pay my check. As he totally ignored me, I simply paid the total plus 15% gratuity. As I went through my receipts after returning home I discovered why this place is so poorly managed....an automatic tip had been added to my check. In my haste I didn't notice it. Why do owners do this? The employees make no effort this way. Eat somewhere else.