“Great location”

Imperial Court Hotel
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Great location”
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Really great location. Had to change location from Chelsea to somewhere uptown due to Hurricane Sandy and found this place. From the get go, the staff were really helpful. Some guy called Chris was really helpful when we had called asking about the hotel.

The rooms are very small though but at least there is a kitchenette!the house keepers do a reasonable job of cleaning the room. Stayed here for 9 days. Really close to awesome cafes, Brother Jimmy's (!yum) and heaps of bottle gas and shops (Loehmanns is only a couple of blocks away), Beacon theatre is a short block up, really close to subway too!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Slovak first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 November 2012

This is by far, the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. This hotel should be condemned. I have to stay here 14 days because our house in Rockaway Park was completely destroyed by the hurricane. As someone else said, 1 star is too much for this hotel.

The entrance to the hotel, and the lobby look amazing, you would think it is a 5 star hotel. Our first problem was the luggage cart. It doesn't fit on the elevator. It is only good for taking your bags off the street and bringing them into the lobby. We arrived on the 3rd floor, and the smell immediately hit us. It smelled like old food and cigarettes. The carpet is indescribably disgusting. Old, stained, and dirty. The walls in the hallway are cracked and dirty.

The room itself is tiny and incredibly dirty. I am not exaggerating when I say this room hasn't been cleaned in years. The floor is sinking in, and sometimes I wonder if we will fall through. The ceiling has water damage, and the paint is peeling. The molding is covered in years of dust. The drapes are from the 70's and are filthy. We were promised a queen bed and it's a full bed at best. First thing we did was discard the sheets and blanket and went down to Tj Maxx and bought new bedding. The bed itself is hard and squeaky. I don't even want to know what's inside the mattress.

The TV is an old 19" tube TV. The refrigerator works but had hair in it. We asked for a kitchen since we are displaced from our home, and got a microwave, sink and fridge. I told the manager we were promised a kitchen, and he said "you have a microwave, that's a kitchen".

The bathroom is moldy and falling apart. It has a toilet that you would see in a public bathroom. The "sink" is more like a bowl. The shower is too small to even turn around in, and the curtain is covered in mold. Of course the drain barely drains. We are wearing shower shoes while showering so we don't catch a disease. We are also wearing sandals while walking on the carpet. The water is warm at best. It's only November 1st, not really that cold yet. The radiator does work however. It's piping hot.

All hotels are booked in NYC because of Sandy, we are forced to stay here. In the grand scheme of things, we still have our lives.

That said, if you are vacationing, or here on business, do not stay in this hotel. Don't even try to be a tough guy after reading this review thinking you will prove me wrong. I am not a picky person, I am an active duty Marine, I don't require a lot of amenities. This place is harmful to your health. I had better living conditions in Afghanistan.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank casedizzy

Travellers are raving about these New York City hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 October 2012

How come all the easy book.com guests at this hotel have good things to say about the dive.....the place is still a dive. It's dirty, unfriendly, and there are far better places around. I didn't bother checking the hot water. It's dirty dirty dirty......great area but this hotel should be closed......there is no excuse... For such appalling place

Room Tip: Was with a friend and as they had booked I had no say in the matter. However on arrival at the hotel...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank NYC-newyear
San Clemente, California
Reviewed 12 October 2012

We checked into the hotel on Oct.4th.at about 9:00 P.M. I had booked 2 rooms on line as that is the only way reservations can be made. The desk clerk who was pleasant enough only had one room booked. We were able to get 2 rooms since I had the e-mail confirmation with me. When we entered room 320 the first thing we noticed was a dead cockroach next to the bed. better dead than alive. So on to room 420. This room was dirty ,with a filthy carpet that appears to have never been cleaned.The air conditioning unit was of the window type which was o.k. except when the drapes were closed ,the air from the unit never entered the room.The drapes needed to be closed a night to block out light and for privacy. Room 320 was not serviced one occasion and room 420 was not serviced on several occasion's.One evening we returned to the hotel at about 5 p.m. to freshen up for the night. the room had not been serviced so I wen looking for the maid to get some clean towels an wash cloths but could not find her. I did find another maid and explained my problem to her she graciously gave me what I needed and explained that our maid had to clean the rooms on three floors. One one occasion when our room was not left clean towels I asked the desk clerk for some and he told me that house cleaning staff was gone and we would have to wait until the next day for the towels.Now here is the kicker the hotel only rents for seven days so if you find yourself in a situation where you would like to check out early you can,however you are stuck with seven nights charges. our party decided to leave a day early knowing we would forfeit a nights charges,but it was worth it. So, I proceed to check out and the charges for our stay were greater than those confirmed on line. Even though I had proof that the price I was contracted to pay was less than I was being charged the manager would not reduce the hotel bill to meet the contracted price. I will e filing a dispute with my credit card company as well as informing the powers that be in NYC of this contract violation.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family