“Bad Experience ever have”

Imperial Court Hotel
New York City, New York
“Bad Experience ever have”
Reviewed 14 February 2007

One night here is really enough for the bad room service. By the way, all the dirts and noice because of non stop construction. Never come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2007, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Slovak first
CA
Reviewed 11 February 2007

Booked 1 room for that hotel before '06 X'mas via internet for 2 nights. I incidentally typed 3 nights instead of 2 nights on the web-site. After re-processing the on-line reservation, I called that hotel reservation office to void that error transaction, and got confirmation.

When I arrived that hotel 11:30pm on Dec 22, I was told by hotel personnel that the check-in office was closed on 10pm, and I had to wait until next morning 11 am. So I had to place to go, but sat on chair in the hotel lobby over-night.

The night-mare had not over yet. Next morning, when I checked-in I was told that my reservation was 3 nights, NOT 2 nights! I had to pay 3 nights fee in the front, even that error transaction was void, confirmed and ONE night even without bed.

Stayed February 2007
2 Thank Michael_Edel

Travellers are raving about these New York City hotels

phoenix, arizona
Reviewed 1 February 2007

Upon arrival at this CRACK HOUSE, I was told to pay before I could see the room. After paying, I saw the room/ filthy closet. We refused to stay and were promised a full refund. If you read previous reviews they will confirm our observation. 1 month later, promise after promise they still refuse to send a refund.
We were lucky to be rescued by a local businessman who suggested ,and actually got us into the Lucerne Hotel right up the street. This Hotel was pretty close to Ritz in every way. I will never stay at any WooGo ever!!!!!!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — Filthy
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled on business
2 Thank vito54
CA
Reviewed 1 February 2007

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

Floor: 2
Duration: 3 days.. would have been 4 but I couldn't take it anymore
Time of year: Just after Thanksgiving 2006

- No one cleaned our rooms/made our beds/changed our towels even once during our entire stay

First and foremost, you should know this is not a real hotel. No one is available to help you, change your room or really do anything for you at night. There is a very nice old security guard who sits at the front desk at night, but he has no authority to do anything aside from entering your complaint into a log book.

The day time staff from the hotel are pompous jerks since they own the property. The WooGo staff across the hallway try to be helpful and get the property owners to work with them, but without much luck. When we booked our room we were not informed that this so-called hotel was under construction.

From the moment we entered our room we could smell bug spray. I killed a few cockroaches in the bathroom and the kitchenette, then informed the front desk of the problem. They gave me some B.S. to placate me at the time and said they would take care of it.

Our heater would NOT turn off. We were completely burning up and had to open the window, but did not feel safe leaving it open when we were out. We were here for a few days and this was an on-going problem that no one came to remedy despite several complaints from us.

The final straw was my third night there. I had every intention of staying for four nights, but I was already having trouble sleeping due to the overheated room, the insecure feeling of the open window to rectify the overheating problem, the bug spray fumes lingering in the air, AND the fear of creepy crawlies in this place.

Just when I was starting to doze off to sleep, I noticed some movement out of the corner of my eye. Much to my chagrin, there was a cockroach on my pillow next to my face! I really could NOT sleep after that. It was bad enough they were in the bathtub, on the bathroom floor, and in the kitchenette. That I had tolerated without kicking up a huge fuss, but in my bed. No no no no NO!

I called WooGo to express my discontentment. Their agent was very helpful and offered to put me up at a few different locations after explaining that Imperial Court was not considered a hotel and therefore did not have a round-the-clock staff manning the front desk. It was 4 or 5 A.M. at this point, so I had to wait until about 8 or 9A.M. to actually go check out one of the other WooGo hotels. In the meantime, I painstakingly shook every article of clothing I had packed for a 2 week trip, every shoe and repacked my suitcase very carefully to ensure there were no stowaway cockroaches to keep me company in my new hotel.

I ended up going to the Hotel Edison and it was like being in a different world. The nice guy working the WooGo desk at Imperial Court told me himself the building owners don't care to do anything to maintain the place and it's pretty much a dump. I'll second that opinion. Customers should not have to get caught in a limbo between the administrators and the building owners like that.

My tally in less than 3 whole days was 6 cockroaches that I killed... that's not counting the ones I already found deceased.

In conclusion, this place made me feel gross, grimy and filthy. I was incredibly uncomfortable here and have felt cleaner when I have been out camping.

Stayed February 2007
8 Thank Dhanno
Edmonton
Reviewed 30 January 2007

I stayed here for a week and in that time my room was not cleaned once! There were bugs crawling all over my walls and floors. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed January 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ayzb5tf8
UK
Reviewed 30 January 2007

After reading previous reviews I was quite worried but upon arrival was pleasantly surprised. Checked into a double studio with a queen bed, found it was immaculate, clean and secure. Huge room with cable tv, dvd player, e.t.c Superb location, 2 mins from subway and bus routes. Great restaurants within walking distance, also close proximity to central park,e.t.c . Not to sure about the managerial aspect of this hotel, staff were poor to be honest. Not so much of a hotel more like self -contained apartments. Given the price we paid I think we got a good deal (£30 per room per night)

• Liked — location and price
  • Disliked — staff and management
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled with friends
3 Thank CBR2789
montreal
Reviewed 27 January 2007

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and 3 days. not the biggest room and the bathroom was tiny, but the bed was comfortable and i had hot water to wash myself with. there's a sink, microwave and mini-fridge in the room. Location is fastantic: just 1 block away from Broadway and access to the bus and subway system. there is an indoor parking garage across the street for $45/day. i would stay here again as it it very affordable

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — small room size
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled with friends