“Not SPA atmosphere, but absolutely BEST facials!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ohm Spa & Lounge

Ohm Spa & Lounge
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Ohm Spa, NYC's most relaxing day spa, offers some of the best massages, facials and body scrubs in New York. Our expertly trained and experienced therapists provide individually tailored treatments that focus on your particular preferences. This unique approach, combined with a caring, down-to-earth environment, creates the ideal atmosphere for a serene retreat from the stresses of everyday life. Come see why we've been consistently hailed as one of the best day spas in New York.
Moscow, Russia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Not SPA atmosphere, but absolutely BEST facials!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2010

cant say you really feel relaxed when you are there - you are given a long questionnaire in the beggining, then you change in a little little room. Maniquire and pedicure is done in a big room with a lot of screens, which showed a movie about war when i was there - not quite relaxing, as you can imagine )))

i took spa pedicure and facial. didnt quite get what was the difference between regular pedicure and spa pedicure - you would expect something different for $60! )

but between the treatments you sit in a lovely room with fruits, delicious drinks and snacks - this is the best part ))))

I also loved the slippers they gave - even bought a pair for myself.

But the facial treatment i had there is just beyond any words!!!! I had Honey treatment, which i believe is there signature and most famous one.

First of all the therapist was awesome - Bretta, thank you very much again!!!
I have made many facials and cleaned my face by many different techniques, but all these procedures have one terrible side effect - you have terribly red face afterwards. This goes away in a day and then you feel you made the right thing for your skin, but immidaitely after the treatment you hope you do not run into anyone who knows you as they would think you were attacked by crazy cats or had overwhelming allergy reaction..)))

So facial i had in Ohm Spa was the only one, which leaves you not just with clean face, but with smooth white lovely skin IMMIDIATELY!!!

If i lived in NYC, i would only go there for facials!

2 Thank Lelya_RU

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Birthday heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2009

My husband surprised me with a spa day for my birthday and took me to Ohm Spa, where I was dropped off for a 3 and a half hour spoiling session. It included a 60 minute deep tissue, 60 minute facial, manicure, pedicure, and waxing. Massage was great - good pressure and relaxing music. The facial was my first, so I have no basis for comparison, but it was great! After about the third unknown cream or treatment that was put on my face, I stopped asking questions and just relaxed and enjoyed the hour-long treatment. Mani and pedi were good...I liked that you can watch a movie in that room during the treatments. A great oasis in the craziness of NYC...highly recommend.

1 Thank Angelique M
Elmhurst, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Fabulous Facial, Delicious nail salon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2008

My husband got me an Ohm Spa gift card for my birthday. He included all the gratuities so I didn't have to worry about a thing! I entered, the receptionist was nice and sent me to the changing room. I don't know what other people are talking about, but the room was a nice size, and unlike other spas you change ALONE. Complete privacy! You are given a wrap that buttons and a robe to put over it. Not to mention a locker to lock up all your stuff.

I was then sent to the waiting/relaxation area. It is SO gorgeous inside, candles everywhere, beautiful lighting, modern clean furniture. There was tea, fruit water, chocolate, fruit, oreos etc. There was a wide array of magazines.There is this beautiful serene music playing throughout the whole place.

Britta greeted me to start on my facial. She removed my makeup, and analyzed my skin under a special light. she had me lie down and adjusted the bed to make me feel comfortable. She told me I have normal skin, a couple of blackheads. She thouroughly cleansed and exfoliated my face, put a mask on, something very soothing on my eyes. She used an instrument to extract the blackheads, and she did so practically effortlessly. There was one that I had for years and couldn't get rid of and she did it in a few seconds! She also steamed my face with soothing scented elixers.She then massaged my face neck and decollatage.it was amazing, so relaxing. When it was over I was sad! I never knew facials could feel so GOOD. Britta was so nice to me and did a fantastic job, she never once tried to push her products on me, and did not lie to me in any way.My face was glowing!

Next I went for my mani/pedi. There was a very nice asian woman that did it. The nail salon is gorgeous, there is a massaging chair and at least FOUR flat screen tvs playing movies. I saw "what happens in vegas". There is even a flat screen in front of the drying station! She did an awesome job on my hands and feet.The owner also came aorund and asked me how everything was and offered me something to drink.

This spa has been in SO many magazines, and there is a great story of the owners, how they did not like sub-par spas so started their own with decor that men could appreciate, there is nothing pink, there are candles, scents and soothing music everywhere.Even the bathroom was fabulous!

Checkout was effortless. I just gave the owner my gift card, and I was good to go!

Thank you Britta and the team at Ohm! I can't wait to go back to try a massage!

3 Thank NycCarmenSanDiego
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great time, highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2006

After an entire week of running all around NYC, I was badly in need of a massage and a pedicure. My sister and I went to Ohm Spa on the recommendation of my mom and it was absolute perfection! The whole environment is peaceful and quiet. Everybody talks in kind-of a whisper and they even ask people to turn off our cell phones when they walk in – a very nice touch.

After changing into robes, we filled out very comprehensive questionnaires about our massage preferences. My sister is a doctor and even she was impressed at how thorough it was. My masseuse was strong, and she seemed to know exactly how much pressure to apply without it hurting. I spent most of the hour in and out of consciousness as she paid extra attention to my trouble spots.

While the massage was relaxing, our pedicures were downright cool. They have the most comfortable chairs I have ever sat in! They’re even more comfortable than the lounge chairs on first-class flights! I practically melted as they soaked, scrubbed and massaged my feet. They even show movies while you sit there, which was a huge added bonus.

The best part is that for the level of service we received, their prices were very reasonable. I’ve been to other spas that aren’t nearly as nice that charged much more. All in all, I would highly recommend Ohm Spa and I would definitely return the next chance I get.

25 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
“Perfect Spa For Special Occasions!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2005

I had so many friends tell me great things about Ohm Spa that I had to go see for myself. Now I know what everybody was talking about. This spa is amazing! I booked a full day package for me and my girlfriend about a week in advance b/c we wanted to go on her birthday (Saturday afternoon). After going to dayspas for years, I can honestly say that this was the best experience I have ever had.

You have to be buzzed into the building and then take the elevator to the 7th floor. As soon as we stepped off the elevator, we were struck by how nice the decor was. It was modern and sleek, but warm and inviting at the same time. Weird, I know - but somehow it just works. We were taken to their lounge to fill out some paperwork and we were amazed by how beautiful the room was. There were candles everywhere, soft music, big comfortable chairs and pitchers of water w/ fruit and juice. They even have little round fish tanks hanging on the walls!

Hint: if you go, book more than one service - this way, they'll provide you w/ a robe and slippers. We had the package that included everything - massage, facial and nails. You also get a discount if you book a package.

As beautiful as the spa was, the best part are the people who work there. Everyone was genuinely nice and accomodating. The caliber of the technicians far surpassed all the other spas I have been too. Each service was divine and I was a walking ball of mush when it was done. We were never rushed and we could tell that they take customer satisfaction very seriously.

At the end, I was so relaxed that leaving Ohm felt like waking up from a perfect dream. I absolutely recommend it to anyone who needs to be taken care of. I can't wait to go back!

28 Thank A TripAdvisor Member