“Special milestone Birthday celebration for 10”
Review of Nino's Tuscany

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 6th & 7th Avenue
Transit: West 57th St & 6th Ave Train Station {F} West 57th St & 7th Ave Train Station {N,Q,R,W} 59th St Columbus Circle Train Station {1,A,B,C,D}
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I don't often write review's of the places we eat,and yet, I would consider ourselves to be" foodies", enjoying nice restaurants,often.
I really wished I could give this restaurant a better review, however, to say I was " extremely dissappointed" , would be a huge understatement!!.
When I called and asked after seeing they had a " private room", if it was available, kind of last minute , I was thrilled it was because it's quaint and nice when you are with 10 people for a birthday celebration!
That was pretty much the extent of " being thrilled", besides being in the company of family and friends. I would not have even minded that the service was very, very slow, but more importantly, the food was really terrible.. skimpy, burnt, and beyond expensive. Well over,
$1000.00 with tip! While I did expect to pay a fairly large sum for 10 people in NYC, I was truly shocked at how high the bill actually was! When I looked and saw for example, that 2 side orders of baked potatoes are $ 14.00.. Well, I thought it was a mistake.. yet, wouldn't have even questioned it that much if the quality was there for the steaks. If anyone has ever eaten at a Mastro's or Capital grill, Fleming's or Morton's, you get good quality and yet, you know you'll be paying for it. These were tiny, burnt steaks and while the pasta dishes were tasting ok,they were very, very skimpy with seafood.. as well as, not much pasta in them either!!
The staff was friendly and nice, but I really feel a bit robbed! Live and learn!

2  Thank BGlaz
There are newer reviews for Nino's Tuscany

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I know Nino's Positano and the Italian cuisine is excellent. I went to Nino's Tuscany for steak and was very surprised of how great it was. I did not have any room for dessert. I also liked the lobster tank, even though I typically don't order lobster. It was still a cool addition to the room.

1  Thank John J
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

This is advertised as a Tuscany Steak House. The steaks are average , pastas are not outstanding and service is almost standard. The location is fine , just a block off Central Park and your warm greeting by the hostess could turn out to be the best part of the meal. Any of the top steak places including the Palm and Smith & Expensive, deliver a better prime slab of beef. You can do better in a number of places if you crave italian.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Nino’s Tuscany is a traditional Italian steakhouse which offers a varied menu along with an excellent wine selection. The service is helpful and attentive, and the environment is inviting especially with the addition of a kind, elderly gentleman at the piano. This is an excellent option for anyone searching for a delicious meal with large servings of authentic Italian food.

1  Thank Azelin B
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Small restaurant tucked away. Ordered a set lunch with fennel soup,salmon and tiramisu. While both the soup and the tiramisu were OK' somehow the salmon was not fresh and tasted fishy. Service was not up to the mark. Not a very busy restaurant at lunch time and will not remember to come back.