Hotel Central Fifth Avenue New York
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
US$208
US$175
  • Pool
Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$295
  • Restaurant
The Westin New York at Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$297
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$223
US$203
Triumph Hotels
  • Fitness centre
Omni Berkshire Place(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$266
US$255
Omni Hotels
  • Room Service
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$218
  • Bar/Lounge
Hampton Inn Manhattan-Times Square North(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$348
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness centre
Warwick New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$410
US$230
  • Room Service
Hotel Mela(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$228
US$189
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$223
US$216
1,275 results
All reviewsthe breakfast areathe holiday inn expressrooms are smallrockefeller centerfree breakfasttimes squaregreat locationfifth avenueyogurtnew yorkcentral parktwo blocksking bedempire state buildingbudget hoteltea and coffeehotel room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 November 2009

Small hotel. 6 rooms per floor. smallest hotel room I have ever been in. the king bed took up most of the space. we were there for only one night, so it did not matter.

the room was clean

picked the hotel for the location. near the show we were seeing and the restaurant we were going to.

Free breakfast was adequate. very small lobby. and very busy.

no parking on site.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2009

The title sums it up. I don't have another hotel to compare it to, but it met my needs.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 November 2009

I normally stay in much more upmarket properties than Holiday Inn Express but this time decided to take a risk on this well-located and priced property and was happily surprised.

The lobby and breakfast area are quite cramped, but the staff is friendly and professional. Lots of choice at breakfast, including yogurt, pastries (lots and lots of pastries, which I don't eat), bananas, oatmeal (instant), pre-made omelettes (again, not too appealing), hot beverages, and milk and juices. Free computers (including internet) and printer at the lower level (the staff describes this as a "business center"), convenient for printing your boarding pass, etc. Free wifi in the hotel as well.

My room was small but otherwise just about perfect: very nicely and efficiently fitted room with all sorts of premium touches: in-room coffee maker (including green tea), heavy wooden hangers in the wardrobe, very good lighting in the room, mirror at the desk, comfortable bed with very soft linens, TV with lots and lots of stations (including foreign language). Bathroom immaculately clean and beautifully fitted (if small), with great water pressure and pretty much instant hot water supply. Full array of toiletries, with offer of complimentary other items if you've forgotten them (and I'd forgotten a razor, so just picked one up at the front desk, where I was also offered shaving cream which I didn't need).

Only two elevators, so a bit of a crush in the late afternoon, but they are at least very fast once you're in them. Some noise from people in the hallway, but otherwise very quiet.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 November 2009

We were very impressed with this hotel - they let us check in early and leave late - staff were incredibly friendly and accomodating (Randy the bellboy was very helpful and didn't appear to expect tipping every time we saw him but just enjoyed his job which we were very impressed with). We had a spacious suite on the 10th floor - it was overlooking office blocks and was very quiet and absolutely spotless. Location perfect for sightseeing. Free internet access on the lower ground floor and breakfast was a bonus.
Everything else has been said in the other reviews - but we will certainly be returning to this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2009

I took my daughter for surprise 5-day trip to NYC for her 16th birthday. I actually got reservations at the Holiday Inn Express through Priceline, so it was a really good deal. We LOVED staying at this hotel. The location is absolutely perfect - right off 5th Avenue for sightseeing and shopping. Just the right distance between the Empire State and Central Park. Really close to all the subway lines. The rooms were small - aren't they all in NYC? - but nicely furnished, clean and comfortable. The free hi-speed allowed us to blog our whole trip! The staff were very friendly and helpful - no city snobbery in sight! We had an truly wonderful time. It was so easy to see everything and get to everything from this hotel. We could easily stop off to drop off purchases or change clothes between activities. I would stay here from now on if I ever travel to the NYC again, unless of course I win the lottery and can afford The Plaza! :)

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family