“Excellent Bruch”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: West Village
Cross street: 11th St. & 7th Ave.
Transit: 1/2/3 trains at 14th St A/C/E/B/D/F/M trains at West 4th
Description: Welcome to Gusto Ristorante! Nestled in the heart of New York's historic Greenwich Village. Join us as we deftly meld authentic & traditional Italian cuisine with our own unique flavor & contemporary flare creating an experience like no other. Seasonal dining & signature artisanal cocktails await you upon arrival with a winelist that showcases the best of Italy's viniculture. Located in a historic landmark building on Greenwich Avenue, Gusto is the perfect destination. Blending casual & elegance, Art Deco chandeliers sparkle seductively while plush leather banquettes & antique mirrors offset against a modern & majestic bar invite you to surrender to a memorable dining experience. At the heart of Gusto lies a private underground wine cellar, candelabras set in rustic stone surround a grand banquet table, perfect for your next special celebration or private event. Our attentive, friendly & dedicated staff are always on hand to enhance your experience.
Reviewed 3 June 2013

My husband and I had brunch at Gusto this past weekend and it was excellent! We ordered from the prix fixe menu where you get an appetizer, entree, and an hour of unlimited breakfast cocktails for $22. Such a great deal! The food was wonderful, service was great, and the restaurant itself is beautiful!

Reviewed 14 February 2013

I'd never have imagined such a nice restaurant on Greenwich Avenue below 14th Street, but this one is a great little find. Not only do their excellent bartenders know how to make lesser known drinks like a Salzerac, but the food is really top notch for any neighborhood. I was told the chef trained with Mario Batali, and after tasting the food, I wasn't surprised. The classic Italian dishes had a subtle nuance and sophistication that really impressed me. I'm sad the Malfatti is no longer on the menu as it was one of my favorites, but any of their pastas will make you glad you weren't carb counting. They also have a great raw bar worth sampling. The decor is hard to peg. It's restrained and elegant with a slightly rustic, retro clubby feel. I'd love to own any one of their vintage mid-century crystal chandeliers.

Reviewed 22 December 2012

Had dinner this evening in a group of seven. Across the board the appetizers, salads, main courses, and desserts were competent, though none worth going out of your way for. That said, the waitstaff were welcoming and helpful, and the bartender poured a mean Negroni, substituting Punt y Mes for the usual vermouth, as requested. All in all, a competent, neighborhood Italian restaurant, but not a "destination".

Reviewed 9 October 2012

This is a smallish restaurant. Well appointed. I was surprised that it wasn't real busy on a Saturday night. We rarely order pasta when we go out, but this night it was baby octopus, lasagna and orichette with sausage and rapini. Classic sicilian with a bottle of Mirabile Menfri brought the bill to $120 plus tip. Friendly hostess, good food, good atmosphere. Our waiter was a bit off his game.

Reviewed 18 April 2012

I give this restaurant an average rating because as we sat outside, the sidewalk was tilted under our table to the point that everything spilled out of our glasses and we felt like we were teetering on the edge of a cliff. Seriously? If the owners would focus more on a good dining experience rather than trying to serve as many people possible - this place might be busier.