“Would definitely stay here again”

Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Midtown East
Ranked #152 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Anywhere, Ga
“Would definitely stay here again”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Ideal location for everything from Broadway to Times Square..I've stayed there twice 2010 & 2014 and the workers Alonzo and Eugene were excellent both times, very good with assisting the 72 ppl we had in our group..wonderful group of guys!!!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank 706Lady
Lowell B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Manhattan-Midtown East, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
WOW, great 5 STAR review. We will share your great feedback with the team. Come see us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 8 nights. Our room was clean and comfortable. The staff is very friendly. We especially loved Eddie who gave us big hugs before we left. Location is near a Metro station which is very convenient and withing walking distance to several venues. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Elevators are slow, so opt for a room on a lower level in case you want to take the stairs.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
A Great 5 STAR review! Thanks for the nice feedabck, I've shared with Eddie and the team. Hope to see you soon!
Bellevue, Nebraska
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My three daughters and I stayed at this hotel three nights for a long weekend. We loved the hotel and would stay again.

Every employee we encountered was friendly and smiling. We shared the elevators with many employees and they were friendly and engaging as well. The employees are one of the best features of this property. We met the infamous concierge "Ready Eddie" that others have mentioned and he really earns his reputation. He is so friendly and helpful with an upbeat personality.

We stayed in a two queen bed room with a terrace on the 25th floor. The terrace was big enough to truly walk out and look over the city. I was afraid it would be similar to a Juliette balcony or something of the sort, but this was legit and worth the extra expense. It made the room seem bigger by extended the space outside. The room was small, but typical NYC standards and we have no complaints about it. It is a brand new property so everything was spotless. I thought we got an excellent value for the price we paid.

I appreciate the housekeeping staff at the property. I never saw the people who cleaned our room, but they did a wonderful job and actually listened to my request for 4 towels. For some reason, many hotels only put three towels sets in the room and this is a huge pet peeve of mine! Why have only three towels when there are four people on the reservation? It makes me unreasonably mad ;-). We only had this problem at check in and Brian at the front desk ensured someone brought the extra set up quickly. I have no complaints about the upkeep of the property, it looked great.

I am so sorry I misplaced the paper where I kept more names as I wanted to recognize additional employees by name. Please accept my apologies. The gentleman at the concierge desk when we checked out Monday afternoon was helpful and nice. It was great to be able to store our bags while we grabbed a last bite to eat in the city before leaving. He was also kind enough to bring out some bubbles for my girls to use. Thank you for your consideration of the little ladies.

The hotel is located in one of my ideal parts of town. It is within walking distance to many desirable locations without being in the madness of Times Square. There are many taxis in the area and it is extremely close to a couple of subway stops to maneuver to other parts of the city. I love the residential feel of this area and relative calm at night. Many eateries are around so you have everything that you need within a relatively short stroll. We felt very safe, even venturing out after midnight.

Love this place!

Room Tip: Try to snag one of the few rooms with a walk-out terrace.
3 Thank YNOL
Thank you for the 5 STAR review! I'm so pleased that you were able to enjoy your time with your daughters! The staff is here to serve you and I appreciate that you are recognizing the great job they do! I've shared with Eddie and the team. Hope to welcome you back in the near future!
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My friend and our teen children stayed here recently. We were very pleased with the clean and tastefully decorated rooms and lobby. It is very new, which really helped. We all got a great night's sleep in the quiet rooms. The location was very convenient. The rooms are on the small side, but I'm sure that's normal for the price range in NYC. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the 5 STAR review! Sounds like you had a great time and enjoyed the location with your family and friends! Come back to visit soon!
Montreal, Qc
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed there for 5 days and received great service. The rooms are new and well furnished (fridge, microwave, coffee maker). I had free breakfast (gold member) and it was great (pancakes, eggs, French toast). The entire staff always had a smile on their faces. In a lot of previous reviews, people were mentioning the elevators (it's not that bad). Free coffee or tea in the lobby in the morning. Easy access to the subway. Very close to broadway on foot.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rickyjfrommontreal
Thoughtful feedback and a 5 STAR review! We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you on your next visit to NYC!
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This hotel is in a great position on 53rd street & The Avenue of the Americas.
It is an easy walk to the subway station,Central Park , 5th Avenue, Times Square & Broadway.
We were again upgraded to a small suite & it was excellent.
Service was excellent.
Taxis were always available when we required one.
A great Deli was available in 53rd street just 100 metres from the hotel for a delightful breakfast @ a really low cost.
The choice was endless & there was a queue always confirming its value & quality.
In the street outside the hotel were food carts offering a range of great food for US $5.00.
Just up the road was the Rockerfeller Centre & Radio City & the Observation Tower with its Magnificient views of New York on a sunny day.
Well worth checking out on your next visit to New York.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are always better I have found.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Carringtonfs
Great feedback! Location is great for all your interests! See you soon!
Ajax, Canada
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Nothing too fancy for this hotel but I would have expected more. It is pricey as it is in the busy and almost heart of midtown Manhattan but I would have expected a better experience, front desk staff. The rooms are very good, size wise and experience wise. Housekeeping is great.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay. I am sorry that you didn't recieve the attention and service that you deserve. I have shared this feedback with the team and focused on the staff effort as it relates to the guest experience. It;s clear that the staff make the difference, I'm sorry that wasn't the case for you this time. We have benifitted from you gift of feedback and look forward to showing you when you return!
thank you again!