“Wasn't blown away - noisy, service was average, and food was cold”

Havana Central Times Square
Reserve with OpenTable
Havana Central Times Square is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #784 of 14,583 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$25 - US$45
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 6th & 7th
Transit: N,R,W trains at 49th St B,D,F,V trains at 47-50th St's N,Q,R,S,W,1,2,3,7 trains at Time Square
Description: Step through our restaurant's doors in Times Square and find yourself transported to the golden era of Havana, Cuba. It's a vacation complete with flavorful specialty drinks, classic Cuban dishes, circa 1950s decor, a festive live band, and a feeling that you're part of our family -- a true celebration of Cuban culture. Whether you're out taking a lunch break, enjoying happy hour after work, or settling down at the end of a long day of sightseeing, we can't wait to welcome you on a fanciful excursion to this fabled island.
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The food *was* tasty, but there were several issues that made this a bit of a disappointing experience. 1) the waiters forgot a bunch of items, and couldn't remember who ordered what, setting down the wrong food three or four times - not even our group's food occasionally! 2) It was noisy as hell in there - I came away with a sore throat. 3) The pulled beef, while delicious, was luke warm at best. 4) Some of my friends didn't get their meal until 20 minutes after everyone else, which was a shame

Write a ReviewReviews (1,533)

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Noisy and spotty service and menus that can be grimy and very touristy, slightly over-priced drinks is all made up for with the food that is uniformly good and tasty. Pretty much everything on the menu is good for a mid-priced large-scale restaurant
The live music on some evenings can be way way too loud for a decent conversation to be had. Still better food and value than most Times Square joints.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

This is a great little restaurant just off Times Square on 46th. Had an appetizer and a margarita. Both were very good. They have entertainment some evenings but I was not there on the right night. Would be a fun place to enjoy music. Upbeat and friendly staff.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stumbled upon this restaurant and since I like Cuban food, thought I'd try it. The live music was very loud so ask for a table upstairs or at the back of the restaurant if you want to talk. I had the classic mojito and it was very good and authentic much like the ones you get in Cuba with a sugar cane stick. I had the roast pork and it missed the mark for me. The rice and beans were okay but I've had better. The service was good and staff were friendly. Glad I had the experience but I probably wouldn't go back.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Was visiting New York with a friend. She has been to this restaurant on a prior visit and raved about it. We started with a sampler appetizer. Yummy! We then shared a full rack of ribs. This too was very good. A bit dry (perhaps overcooked), but tasty.
We both had strawberry margaritas. You could not taste the strawberry over the alcohol. Too strong! The atmosphere was great.

1  Thank hobbyscrap