Hudson River Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
US$208
US$200
  • Pool
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$188
US$308
US$274
US$347
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$313
US$232
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$322
US$267
  • Bar/Lounge
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$243
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$216
US$171
  • Fitness centre
US$515
US$415
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$210
US$170
  • Fitness centre
All reviewsquality innpenn stationjavits centerfront desktimes squarenew yorkyogurthell's kitchenbed was comfortablethe high linefew blockssmall hotelmidtown manhattanempire statemsgavenuebroadway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The hotel was decent. Location was relatively close to MSG and Penn Station. Hotel isn't on the greatest of streets and the lobby isn't that clean or impressive. The desk clerk was helpful. She adjusted some room assignments so we could get a room right away instead of waiting two hours. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. The breakfast was better than I expected. My only negative comment was that we kept hearing noises of water shutting on and off from the bathroom and other parts of the hotel

• Stayed: November 2013
General M, Manager at Hudson River Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Dtyfrst,
Thank you for choosing us during your most recent stay with us. Yes we are very close to MSG and Penn Station, and we are just blocks away from Port Authority and a block away from the Javitz Center. im glad my team was able to get you into your room earlier than expected. I’m also looking into the noises you heard from the bathroom and addressing the issue. Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Totally overpriced...dirty...bad area....things did not work (air conditioner)...no TV remote...I would not recommend this place to anyone at all....go somewhere else! Room was so small we could not even walk!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank TravelerAllAround
General M, General Manager at Hudson River Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear TravelerAllAround,
I’m very sorry we did not meet your expectations during your most recent stay with us. I’d like to ask you to contact me so I may be able to find your reservation and see what room you were in. My maintenance teams go through the rooms regularly and so do my housekeeping teams and we inspect to make sure these items do work. So I’d be interested to see what room you were in to address and fix the problem if necessary. I do thank you for telling us about these issues and we will fix them immediately. If you could, please contact me directly at the hotel so I may follow up and speak to you further about your stay, and I would also like to invite you back so we may have a chance to make it up to you.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We wanted to stay near the Javits Center and this was a good choice. The room was nice- a bit small but bed was very comfortable. Would like to have a fridge in the room. The room was very clean, all the staff was very helpful. Breakfast was great!!! We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Hudson River Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Maureen48852,
Thank you for choosing us during your most recent stay to NYC. We do our best to give each and every guest the best possible service that one would expect. I’m glad to hear you had a good stay. In the future ask about the fridge sometime we can have one available but not always. Also be sure to mention that you stayed with us before so we can look us this reservation for your next one to offer you a returning guest discount. Thanks once more for your time and your patronage.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

I went to NYC to attend a Javits show and stayed at the Quality Inn and was glad I did. Lisa and Omar at the front desk were great and the housekeeping staff were all very friendly and professional and do a great job.

Our room was clean and the beds were very comfortable and I slept like a baby.

I skipped breakfast each day but I did help myself to coffee downstairs in the mornings and it was good.

I had no issues or concerns whatsoever with my 4-day stay and appreciated all that the staff did for us. They are the ones that prompted me to sit down and write this review because good service is sometimes hard to come by but not at this hotel.

I do wish there were more outlets in the room but that wasn't a problem. I'd stay at this hotel again for sure. It was within walking distance to restaurants and Times Square.

Great job and many thanks to the excellent staff of this hotel. Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Jeff6543,
Thank you for your review of our property The Quality Inn Midtown West. We appreciate the time you took to write to us. I will review with Omar and Lisa about your stay. They will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please call us directly next time you reserve a room so we may offer you a returning guest discount. Thank you for choosing us.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We wanted to stay in a hotel close to Javits Center and this was a good location, just minutes away. Room was small but nice and clean and bed was comfortable. We stayed seven nights and tought that it would be helpful if there was a fridge in the room. Elevator was slow and should be cleaner. Staff was friendly. Overall it was a pleasant stay and we would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Sanja1

Dear Sanja1,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I will follow up with housekeeping to make sure that they increase the amount of time they vacuum the elevator. They do clean it a few times, but maybe more is needed. As far as the fridge, I’m not sure if you asked but we do have a fridge down stairs we allow guest to use to store medication at time. We also have a sister property that does have one or two fridges that we could have seen if it was available for your use. Next time you reserves with us let us know and maybe we can set that up for you.

Thank you once again for your time and review.