“Great spot for budget travelers!”
Review of Hudson River Hotel

Hudson River Hotel
Ranked #391 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel for travelers on a budget looking for convenience, quality and an extremely friendly staff! Room was small, but didn't expect anything different from a NYC hotel. Staff was very helpful in suggestions of restaurants and always welcoming. The breakfast was satisfying with many choices. Midtown location is just a short walk to Times Square, Madison Square Garden and Penn Station to access the subway on 34th Street and 9th Avenue. Overall, great hotel and experience!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
General M, Manager at Hudson River Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear Limmk,
Thank you for choosing us for your most recent stay at The Quality Inn Midtown West. I know we are doing something right when I hear how well your stay went. I will share with my teams your feedback about your stay. I’m glad they were able to assist you with finding restaurants and explain how to move around the city. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Have a good Holiday season and have a good New Year.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

From the moment we booked our hotel room with Omar until our check out with Precious the service was amazing. The location was great we arrived on the train with just a short walk to the hotel. Very convenient to madison square gardens and time square. Will definitely rebook hope to visit in the summer.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Patti S,
We are so pleased to hear you had a great experience with us at The Quality Inn Midtown West. I will also be sure to share your feedback with Omar and Precious. I know they work very hard to treat each and every guest like a guest of their own homes and not as customers. When you visit next summer be sure to check out the High Line Park, and maybe see about taking advantage of the city bike share program, or there is a bike rental shop around the corner from us. Seeing NYC on a bike is a lot of fun. Once again thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the summer time. Have a great holiday season and have a good New Year.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I was kind of angry when I saw the outside of this place & thought why in the world did my company book me here? But it turned out really nice. the people at the front desk that I encountered were always super nice and recommended places to eat, called cabs for me. They do a really nice breakfast in the morning. It is a small hotel so the bfast area is crowded in the morning, but the people are nice. I would stay here again for a personal trip. They are very small rooms, but clean & of course it is NY so what do you expect? the room was clean, no bugs, lobby clean as well. Again, im just sayin, its NY so you want to know.

Dear Pchess12345,
It’s funny when I think of that saying, “Don’t judge a book by its cover”. I’m glad you were able to see the type of hotel we are. We do our best to give each and every guest the best possible service during their stays. Our breakfast area is a bit cozy on busier days, but you always welcome to bring it back to your room if you so choose. If you were here for business at the convention center we hope you found our location ideal for your stay, since we are just a block away from it. We are also quite close to Penn Station and local train stations within the city. Once again thank you for giving us a chance to show you that its what’s inside that makes all the difference. Happy Holidays and have a great New Year, we hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 5 December 2013

This hotel was great! I read the mixed reviews of other travelers and decided to take a chance considering the good reviews outweighed the bad reviews that the hotel had received. I had excellent customer service during my stay from Precious at the front desk and Jose in guest services. When I arrived at the hotel before 9 am on the day of my check in so I could check my bags for the day Precious said that they had a room available already and I could take my bags up to my room if I wanted to. I have heard of an early check in but before 9 am is unheard of to me. I'm sure this doesn't happen all of the time and it may have helped that I was checking in on a Monday but I still appreciated the opportunity.

The bed was comfortable and even though the king size bed took up most of the room it's really all that I needed during my stay in addition to the bathroom. The breakfast was prepared each morning and the staff was very good about keeping the breakfast foods fresh for each of their guests. The hotel is conveniently located just 2 blocks from the Jacob Javits Convention Center where my trade show was. It was nice to not have to worry about taking public transportation to the Convention Center because the public transportation in the area of the Jacob Javits Center is not too close.

I have stayed at other NY hotels and I have experienced some issues. This hotel provided me with exactly what I needed for a reasonable rate. I would definitely consider staying here again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
General M, Manager at Hudson River Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear DJPunkRox,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. I will share your review with Precious and Jose. They will be pleased that you found there customer service to be excellent at The Quality Inn Midtown. We do our best to provide each and every guest with the same each and every time.
Yes early check in doesn’t happen all the time but we do our best when its requested to get you in as soon as we can, and if we can’t were always glad to hold your bags while you walk around the city getting a bite to eat or doing some early shopping. We understand that NYC has many hotels to choose from but we hope that the customer service you received at The Quality Inn Midtown West will keep you coming back to us time after time. Thanks for choosing us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

If you are attending a meeting at the Javits Center, the Quality Inn Midtown West Hotel is the place to stay because it is close to the Convention Center and also to Penn Station. It is clean, has quiet rooms, good breakfast and free WiFi. I found service to be excellent.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the upper floors, probably is quieter.

Dear Roberto J,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel The Quality Inn Midtown West. As you have seen yes we are just a stone’s throw from the Javitz Center and just a quick walk from Penn Station. Did you also know that we are very close to Port Authority and just a short walk from Madison Square Garden? We have a parking garage that we are affiliated with that offers discounted parking.
Once again thanks for your review we are so pleased you enjoy your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Two blocks from Javits Convention Center where I had a seminar. No need for a cab. No need to be stressed in NY's gridlock traffic! I met my 2 precious nieces. I walked to Koreatown where
We ate at Shilla's where we had excellent Korean food! We bought exceptional breads & pastries at Tous les Jours! Saw amazing holiday window displays at Macy's.Browsed Broadway Quick Bites with different food vendors. Great time with money well spent at Quality Inn. Rooms are small but they usually are in NY. Can be noisy bit NY never sleeps. Free Wifi! Very good beds with very clean white spread. Water pressure little bit low but doable.

• Stayed: November 2013
General M, Manager at Hudson River Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Lucyloose,
Thank you for your review of our home The Quality Inn Midtown West. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to walk around and see some of the great places New York City has to offer. If you happen to visit us again in the spring or summer be sure to check out the Highline which is a newly converted train track into a park above the ground. It’s a nice walk down town and its only a couple of blocks away from us. We thank you once again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Good service & a very clean room. I will definitely be revisiting this hotel in the near future. Will also recommend this hotel to anyone I know who may be looking for a nice stay in Nyc. Lisa is very friendly!

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear FrankRamz,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback of our hotel and staff. We do our best here at The Quality Inn Midtown West to provide our guest with the best possible service around. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and I will review this with Lisa. Please be sure to mention this stay the next time you reserve a room with us so we may offer you a returning guest discount. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.