“Loved it!”
Review of Rocky Broadway - CLOSED

Rocky Broadway
More attraction details
Owner description: The iconic underdog story ROCKY has inspired an innovative new stage production, brought to extraordinary life by a five-time Tony Award(R)-winning creative team, including director Alex Timbers (Peter and the Starcatcher), songwriting team Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty (Ragtime), and book writers Thomas Meehan (The Producers) and Sylvester Stallone (Rocky, the Oscar(R)-winning Best Picture).
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift, Food available for purchase
Endwell, New York
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We saw Rocky on Broadway recently and just loved the show! The beginning is a bit slow paced but the second half more than makes up for that! The excitement builds from the minute the curtains open for act 2 and continues until the end! The stage moving out into the audience makes you feel the boxing excitement, the audience is totally caught up in it and it's a very exciting show!
Great performances by all actors..I recommend this show to everyone.

Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A Must See”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We bought our tickets for Rocky from the TKTS booth for 50% off (score) because my bf wanted to see it- this would not have been my 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice but I went along, and I was very pleasantly surprised! this show rocks. it's so full of energy, the audience really gets into it. its a super fun show that I highly recommend for everyone.. GO SEE ROCKY!

1 Thank Rachel K
Wellesley, Massachusetts
124 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 160 helpful votes
“Fantastic musical !”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I was very eskeptical, it was hard to believe they could adapt an iconic popular movie like "Rocky" into a Broadway musical.
Well, we truly enjoyed the experience, the script was funny, clever and touching. The story of the quintessential underdog is told well. The stage, choreography, music numbers and acting perfectly work and the finale is not to be missed.
I took my two teenagers and my wife. We all had a grand time.

Visited June 2014
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Great finale! See it before show closes!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We saw the show when several understudies were performing, but I was impressed that they were able to pull off the final fight scene with such panache! The set is very intricate, perhaps in some ways a little too realistic; however, in the final scene, this realism makes for a truly GREAT spectacle! The ring moves out; the audience moves up; the jumbotron comes down.....WOW....and the choreography/blocking of the actual fight involves not just two, but many performers. This finale is just amazing to see. Apparently the cast runs through this difficult choreography before every performance....this hard work and dedication create quite a spectacle!

Marlboro, New Jersey, USA
109 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“A total knockout !”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Went with my wife and we loved it. The Rocky & Adrienne actors I thought did a nice job. The music rocked and then during the 2nd act for the final match the boxing ring actually gets moved into the 1st 10-15 rows of the seating ( where before this happens these people are moved out of their seats and up onto the stage to take new seats behind the ring as onlookers ... pretty kool ) The final match includes the "slow motion" jabs like in the movie and ends with a knockout ! Overall a nice play and something different with the moving stage.