“Great show!”
Review of Rocky Broadway - CLOSED

Rocky Broadway
More attraction details
Owner description: The iconic underdog story ROCKY has inspired an innovative new stage production, brought to extraordinary life by a five-time Tony Award(R)-winning creative team, including director Alex Timbers (Peter and the Starcatcher), songwriting team Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty (Ragtime), and book writers Thomas Meehan (The Producers) and Sylvester Stallone (Rocky, the Oscar(R)-winning Best Picture).
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Stairs / lift
New York City, New York
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 128 helpful votes
“Great show!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Really great and entertaining show! Sure the acting and the singing wasn't as amazing as other Broadway shows, but the sets and the excitement made up for it. Seats off to the side have a bit of an obstructed view, but you really don't miss much and it is a much cheaper ticket. The final fight scene was amazing and the seats we had were perfect to see it. The energy of the fight really made you feel like you were watching a real boxing match. My husband really enjoyed it, and I think it's a great show to bring you husband/boyfriend/brother to. It is a shame that they ended their engagement early, but if it ever comes back to NYC or you have a chance to watch it somewhere else, I would highly recommend!

New York City, New York
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Amazing show - so sad it didn't make it”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The best set I've ever seen. It was very entertaining. Was fortunate to see it three days before it closed. It's a shame it didn't make it. The last twenty minutes with the fight scene were amazing and to be able to sit on stage is something I will never forget. Someone needs to bring this show back!!!! :(

1 Thank UrsulaD604
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“the best musical ever!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

not only it was filled with funny moments and wonderful music, but the way they finished it with crowd participation was a unique experience!

Visited July 2014
“One of the best broadway show!!!”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My husband and I saw Rocky tonight for the first time and was really happy that we did. We can't believe it will be gone. These damn critics I swear have no clue about great shows and that goes for all the negatives goers. If we did not have an engagement tomorrow, Sunday 8.17.14, we would see it again. I hope they bring ROCKY back. We would see it again, and again. Great freaking show!!! Go ROCKY!

Thunder Bay
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I Don't Understand”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

How does a Broadway show like this close down so soon? This is by far the BEST musical I have seen. The characters purely talented in acting and singing. The set designs awesome. They do justice to the Rocky movie. The boxing match at the end is just jaw dropping. See this musical before it leaves. You will not be disappointed. So glad we caught it.

1 Thank Chilli N