“Epic Meal Time”

Ranked #718 of 14,524 Restaurants in New York City
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Bacon and beer to my ears! These two words together bring me to a very happy place and luckily Bar Bacon is exactly my kind of heaven. For starters, if you enjoy good bacon, I would recommend ordering the Beer & Bacon Flight. It's a bit overpriced for 8 pieces of bacon and 4 beers, but its good quality bacon. The jalapeno bacon was my favorite along with the milk stout. I was in the mood for breakfast so I ordered an omelet and sweet potato fries but in reality I should've ordered the quesadilla that my friend ordered. My meal was good but his was better due to the right amount of spicy and the perfect amount of bacon. All in all, it was an awesome dining experience and adding $5 Mimosas is never a bad thing. All restaurants in Hell's Kitchen duke it out for Sunday brunch supremacy but Bar Bacon definitely stands out of the pack.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Great food, great drinks, family (teen) friendly. Wish they would open one in SF! Appears to be in an area that hip, decent priced restaurants are popping up. We got lucky as it was near our hotel and on our route the first night in town Something for everyone on the menu (burgers, bacon "steak", kale salad, mac and cheese).

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We loved this place! We were staying in the south Central Park area and looking for a place to watch the FIFA World Cup within walking distance. So glad I found this! The menu is not for those on blood pressure or heart medicine :) I had the Bar Bacon burger and my husband had the bacon steak with sausage and sauerkraut. WOW! Both were delicious! Service was great. Ambiance was awesome too. Plenty of TVs to watch the game. We had the bread pudding dessert (with vanilla ice cream and bacon bits)...it was ok, had the bread pudding been served warm I think it would have been way better (hint, hint).

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Went after a show and enjoyed some delicious cocktails and way too much food! We had the bacon sampler which was two slices of five different bacon, an order of hot wings, and bacon mussels. Then for dinner we had the bacon burger sliders, the Cobb salad and the open faced chicken club. Then as an afterthought we ordered a side of tater tots! Everything was so delicious and the atmosphere was a lot of fun! Definitely recommended for the bacon lovers out there ☺

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

This place is a bacon lovers dream come true. With that being said, it is way too overpriced. It's bacon added to everything, not a very original idea. But that's the "hip" nyc scene...expensive.