“Great way to spend an hour!”

Escape the Room NYC
Ranked #2 of 149 Fun & Games in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Escape the Room is a fun, real life game taking place in an office in Midtown, New York City. While it looks like any other ordinary room, it's actually a mystery puzzle. Find the clues and solve the puzzles to earn your freedom and "Escape the Room." You have 60 minutes, so be quick! Come with your friends, family and coworkers and have a great time.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This was so much fun! I thought the concept was great when I saw a segment on the news about it so I went online and bought the tickets. We didn't really know what to expect when we got there but it was so interesting and exciting! The hour flew by. The puzzles were challenging, the clues really made you think, and the overall concept was well thought out! We had a great time and are planning to go back to try to "escape" one of the other rooms!!

There are newer reviews for Escape the Room NYC

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I was visiting NY with a group of 6 students from Ireland and we did 'The Agency' challenge. Every member of the group enjoyed the experience immensely. Can't say much about the challenge without spoiling it - what I will say is that it is very well thought out and put together. The puzzles vary and take a bit of time to figure out!

If you are looking for something a little bit different on your visit that gets your brain going it is well worth the asking price!!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I participated in Escape the Room last night, as part of a group of 6, and attempted to do "The Home". This is the smallest room, or the room to escape with the smallest group of participants, and is Victorian-themed. A couple of us had played through some of the free app versions of the game beforehand, though I don't think it is necessary nor gives you any real advantage. If anything it just helps you to think about what is in front of you in a different way. You are given a quick briefing about your time in the room (and not to break or really dismantle anything) and then "locked" in for the next 60 minutes. We were pretty coordinated in our efforts - each spreading out to tackle one section of the room, yell out clues, etc. Though we made it pretty far, we did not actually "escape". That said, we had a ton of fun and are definitely thinking of going back to try out one of the other room options for larger groups. I will comment that if you do decide to do this, try to either go with a group of people you know, or be sure to get everyone on the same page when entering the room. It works best with open communication and team work. I read that someone did this as part of an office team building, which makes perfect sense! Good luck - and have fun!

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I went to "Escape the Room" as a teambuilding event for work and it was a lot of fun! There were 12 of us total so we were in "The Office" - and everyone tore the room apart looking for clues and putting everything together! We got out (woo hoo!) - I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

What a nice short activity that was very entertaining. We booked another one right away. We did the Home room and look forward to thr Agency next. We went as a couple and there were two other random couples. You really do well with more people. We never would have got as close as we did without other people. We did not escape, but came close. This has been the highlight of our trip to NYC so far.