“Awesome experience! Can't wait to try a different room!”

Escape the Room NYC
Ranked #2 of 159 Fun & Games in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Escape the Room is a fun, real life game taking place in an office in Midtown, New York City. While it looks like any other ordinary room, it's actually a mystery puzzle. Find the clues and solve the puzzles to earn your freedom and "Escape the Room." You have 60 minutes, so be quick! Come with your friends, family and coworkers and have a great time.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was a blast. Challenging and cooperative with the people you do it with. Definitely going back.

1  Thank Samantha D
Write a ReviewReviews (1,510)
All reviews
in 158 reviews
"escaped"
in 120 reviews

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Staff was great! My group got down to the very last seconds before we figured it out! It was challenging, but definitely fun. Would do it again!

1  Thank Taki T
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I did the Victorian themed room with my mom and 11 year old daughter. It was a great challenge, but it was a lot harder than I was expecting. I was really impressed with how well thought out and constructed everything was, and even though I thought it would be easier it was a great experience. All of us would like to go back and try the other two rooms. The only possible downside is who you get paired with if your group is smaller than the number needed for the room. We got paired with a family of three, and they didn't really work with or listen to us at times so it detracted from the experience a little. The other thing I would recommend to them is not having people who are leaving in the same area as those getting ready to go into the room. The people who had been in our room were standing around waiting for their friends in another room, and they continued to talk about the room even when the guy working there told them not to. Overall, it was a ton of fun and we hope to come back next time we are in New York.

2  Thank jcb2282
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I wish I could do this everyday! What a fun, unique, adventurous, thrilling experience in NYC. A one-of-a-kind puzzle room, which challenges and activates your creative brain and intelligence in a whole new crazy-fun way. We had a great clue master named Ryan, who was kind, enthusiastic and funny, and made the experience even more pleasurable. I laughed, was engaged the whole time, never a dull moment, and eager and willing to do all I could to escape the room! Which we did with only 30 seconds left, as we ran out the door laughing, excited, and wanting to do it all again. My friend and I couldn't stop talking about the experience, can't wait to bring more friends to another room!!

3  Thank wolfc561