“Great place, people and location”

Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Central Park
Ranked #117 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Liberty, New York
“Great place, people and location”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This hotel is billed as "the tallest hotel" in the city. It is pretty amazing. It's a combination Courtyard/Residence Inn. It's location is excellent for anyone coming in to see a Broadway show or got the Metropolitan Opera, or just hanging out in Central Park. All are right there. The staff was very nice and efficient, with a special shout out to Amy who checked us in and was delightful. She made sure our car was taken care of even though we'd come in from the wrong direction - she saved us having to snake our way back around a few blocks at prime traffic time. We were there for a friend's birthday, so the time she saved us was a birthday present in and of itself. She was also super helpful with an issue that came up later (and did not detract from the hotel at all) and she solved it right away. The room was lovely and comfortable, with creative space uses as only a ship and NYC can come up with! Has a kitchen with appliances that are ingeniously built in so you don't even realize they are there. It's right across the street from the Iguana Lounge and a diner on the other side, so the spectrum of dining options is right there. Loved it.

Room Tip: If you can't decide whether to go Courtyard or Residence Inn - go RI - the RI is higher floors a...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank bcandctrips12

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 27 March 2014

The design and layout of this hotel is fantastic. The room was a little small but the bathroom was big and bright and the bed very comfortable. Saying this, we had to get out linen changed after the first night as the sheets were incredibly scratchy and irritating. Surprising for such a new hotel.

All in all, we had a fantastic stay here. Much more than a 3-star experience.

• Stayed March 2014
Salisbury, Maryland
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I came here for business. I was truly wow'd by my experience at the Residence Inn Times Square. The one thing is the address indicates it is 1717 Broadway, but the front of the property is on 54th Street, so if you have a cab take you there, tell them you want to end up on 54th and Broadway. It is close to everything yet not in the middle of it. I went to see "Wicked" and it was a 3-block walk so it was perfect. The rooms are in typical NYC fashion on the smallish side, but everything was beautifully appointed and so clean. Lovely in decor. The dishwasher, fridge and so on were in drawers with an ultra-modern look and feel to the room. Floor-to-ceiling windows in the bedroom part of the suite with a view of Times Square from my room. The bed was uber comfortable, the temperature was easily controlled. The shower was a true rain shower experience with a walk-in glass shower stall.

You go to floor 4 for your free breakfast. Unlike the traditional Residence Inns, they do not have the evening social hour with food, so you will plan accordingly. This property shares space with Courtyard, so the Courtyard's Bistro is on floor 3 where you can get Starbucks coffee and the regular Courtyard Bistro fare. But if you want a latte, right across the street is a true Starbucks. There is a gym on site, as well as laundry and ice machines on floor 35.

I now can't wait to come back and bring my husband with me for a weekend in New York City. We'll definitely stay here. I am in hotels 50 weeks a year. This one really did impress me!

Room Tip: The room I had was next to a corner room. I was on the concierge level so it was nothing but busine...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Debra919
Charlotte, USA
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I believe this hotel opened fairly recently, great location, great rooms, mine had an exceptional view of the park and city. Near central park and times square, also good location for business trip. Fitness center wasn't as large as some hotels, but was nice and had enough equipment when I was there. Good service from staff too.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Just got back from a weekend in NYC and I cannot say enough about the RI Central Park. EXCELLENT location- just 4 blocks back from the Park & a short walk to Times Square.
Rooms are great- size is what you would expect for NYC and they were beautiful & clean.
Cannot say enough about the customer service- the staff is incredibly friendly, gracious, and accommodating. (A special thanks to Kenaya, Gloria, and Amy for all of their help- you went above & beyond!!) We were greeted warmly every time we walked back in (even greeted our Yorkie by name! My son accidentally purchased the enhanced wifi & they promptly took it off of our bill when I explained that. They graciously extended us a late checkout as I was running the NYC Half & was late getting back to change & pack up. Every question or request we asked was met with a smile & helpful answer.
I will definitely be staying here any time I go back to NYC. Thank you to Residence Inn Central Park for being part of a wonderful family weekend!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank alannao291
Rugeley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2014

This is by far the best hotel I have stayed in, possibly ever. The service I received right from check in was second to none. Amy greeted us with a huge smile and was nothing but accommodating during our whole stay. She made us feel so welcome and we even extended our stay by 2 days because we got on so well with the staff. The room was excellent boasting a phenomenal view of Central Park from the 54th floor. We had a kitchen in our room which we didn't expect but was a huge plus for us. The microwave and free popcorn was a great little extra too. I have nothing bad to say about this hotel at all. The breakfast was delicious (although closing breakfast at 9:30am was a little early. Wish we could have had extra time in bed!) There is a great range of food available for breakfast, including fresh waffles! The room was stunning, good sized comfy bed, beautiful bathroom, big TV. We almost didnt want to leave our room. The hotel itself is in a great location for both central park and Times Square.

I cannot recommend this hotel and it's staff enough. Amy deserves a mention because she really did make our stay!! Great Hotel, great staff. Very happy customer!

Room Tip: Ask for a high up room, over looking Central Park. The views are breathtaking! You can even see the...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michelle C
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 10 March 2014

The hotel and staff was amazing! We had a Times Square view room on the 56th floor and it was well worth it! Our concierge Edwin the best hotel front desk person I have EVER dealt with. Anything we needed or wanted, there it was. If you go, ask for Edwin and all of your needs will be taken care of.

My only complaint was that like everyone one else, the sheets. We had read the reviews and that wasn't going to stop us from going, but boy, that was an experience. I ended up putting 2 shirts over the pillows to soften the sleep.

Very good location of the hotel, subway is one block away.

Overall, I would stay again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: I just asked for the highest floor possible, great views!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple