“Excellent property!”

Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Central Park
Ranked #118 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I've stayed at nearly every Marriott property in the area (check out my reviews) and have over 1000 total Marriott lifetime nights, so I know my properties! This one opened in Jan of 2014 and is a great take on the RI brand. Its 65 floors high and is the tallest hotel in North America! My room, 6302, was on the 63rd floor with a north and east facing view. I could see all the way across Central Park and then a great view of midtown. The room itself was small (hey - its NYC!) but very functional. Great bed, nice working area, and a large (yes!) bathroom. I agree the HVAC is a bit "wacky" but it kept me cool and provided some great white noise to help me sleep. I'll be back for sure as this view is nearly impossible to beat in all of NYC!

Room Tip: 65th floor is top. x2 and x9 are corner rooms. Try to get a room facing NORTH for a great view of...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank lucycan
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Central Park

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Fantastic view of Central Park from a corner room on the 56th floor. The hotel is new, the location is great and the rooms are modern. We will definitely be back.

I would also note that the staff were very friendly and happy to accomodate our early arrival, which we very much appreciated.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Traveling for business twice in the last two weeks, I chose to stay here for the first time. Both stays were great. Cozy rooms with great decor and very "homey, but trendy" feeling. Super views and very quiet for good night's sleep. I do agree with a couple of reviews that the sheets are very stiff, not soft. I greatly enjoyed the eating area for one morning's breakfast. Excellent selection of food and bright airy environment. Nice start to the day. Definitely will stay again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The location is great - it's on the north end of Times Square/Theater District and only a short walk from all that entails. It's also close to a subway station at 53rd and 7th Avenue so that is an additional convenience. Otherwise, I failed to see anything special about this hotel. The rooms are typical New York small. As far as the kitchenette, I guess some folks go to New York to cook in their hotel rooms, but I don't. The free breakfast was absolutely nothing special - typical for a limited service hotel - and eminently forgettable. The hallways are dark and dreary. Our room had an eastern view from the 48th floor, looking toward Rockefeller Center. Go for the location and maybe the views - not the service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here.
Its actually two hotels, and if you're staying at the residence inn you will be on floors 36-65. Marriott guests get the lower floors.
There are several great public space areas, one on the 3rd floor and another on the 4th. Lots of room to sit and relax, and not many people take advantage of it.
On the 35th floor is the gym and sky terrence. This is the best hotel gym I've ever been in. Tons of machines, space, kettle bells, everything. The terrace is has a nice view. They don't want you taking glass outside but it didnt look like anyone would have noticed if you did.
The room was small but nice. Refridgerator, dishwasher, all utensils and cooking supplies. Only downside was that it was right next to the bathroom, but for a room thats ~350 sq feet I dont know where else it would go.
We were on the 58th floor and the views were amazing. I've been to manhattan a million times but have never seen it quite like this.
Breakfast was standard. Go early....it gets kind of hectic later in the morning.
Proximity to theatre district and central park was perfect. We will be back.
We would def stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor. If you don't care to see times square you see central park on the other s...
2  Thank Sebo996
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was our 1st time staying in NYC and I am VERY picky about hotels and I give this place two thumbs up! This hotel was new, spotless, the bed and bedding were super comfortable and the view from the 44th floor was incredible. We loved the rainfall shower head and the kitchenette. We had a nice selection at breakfast on the 3rd floor each morning, the gym was large and the nicest gym equipment I had ever seen (in terms of ellipticals anyway). We ate at the Bistro on the 4th floor and although pricey for lunch, it was delicious and worth the price. We are planning more trips to NYC in the future and we will absolutely be staying here again. It was quiet, everyone was polite and the room was updated, clean and very comfy. What more could you possibly ask for?

The only thing I would say is that in terms of room temperature it's either "feast or famine" -- in other words, it's either too hot or too cold. I prefer to be 'too cold' so we kept our thermostat on 68 most of the time because the minute you turned it up to 69 or 70 it would get really muggy and hot. That's the only thing I could possibly nit pick about. It would be a nice perk if they also offered robes.Just a suggestion.

We had a great stay and we're going to stay again! :)

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed 6 nights in this hotel in our first time in NY. Location is excellent, near Central Park and Times Square. New and very tall building shared by two Marriot brands (Courtyard rooms are in floor 34 and below, Residence rooms are in floors 35 to 65). We booked in the Residence (62nd floor), so wiews were amazing (corner rooms are roomer and have better views). Rooms are very clean and comfortables, you can really rest because of in upper floors city noise is not listened. Very nice staff (some of them speak spanish) and helpfull Concierge. Breakfast is not the best, but met Residence Inn standard (enough for those who don´t eat a lot of food in the morning).
Only complain is about lifts: in peak hours you may have to wait 3 or 5 minutes to take it (they are also used by cleaning staff).
Summary: we would like to visit NY again, and have no doubt we will book the same hotel next time.

Room Tip: Book Residence upper floors, corner rooms (09 are corner) for amazing views and zero noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple