“Loved this Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
maryland
“Loved this Hotel”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

What a location! it's close to everything. Associates at the front desk were so friendly. We received a comp for 2 cocktails and breakfast. The room and bathroom are a good size for a NYC hotel and they were spotlessly clean. Beds were comfortable. the gym was very nice with all updated equipment with a huge balcony that wraps around the side. the views from the balcony are breath taking. you can even see Central Park from there. going back this weekend - my mini vacation!

Room Tip: ask for a high floor so you can take the views in of the City.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank DonnaJB58

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 29 July 2014

MY husband arranged this hotel as a surprise and did a great job. We have a toddler, and having the breakfast available was great. the hotel is so centrally located we were never far from anywhere we wanted to go. The staff was so helpful especially when we arrived at 1230 am.
The room is not huge but the space is very well used. We were even able to stash our stroller and car seat in different places in the room.
Check out the 35th floor sky terrace even if you are not going to the gym, you get an incredible view of the whole area. We will very likely be returning again.. The wifi was also fantastic as its based in your room
Thank-you!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank eliza261
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay. Great views north to Central Park and west towards the river and Hearst building. The room is spotless and decor modern. Excellent location to get everywhere you want to be - many subway lines nearby and walkable to Central Park, theaters and time square. Excellent dining options nearby. Close to Ed Sullivan theater if interested to attend a Letterman show you can register for standby tickets.

Comfortable bed (sheets are crisp almost like paper) bath towels are thick. Room is laid out efficiently.

Complimentary breakfast had many options and was a good start to the day.

Staff are friendly and helpful from the front desk, the concierge and housekeeping.

We will definitely stay again.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank ABCM123
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We were in NYC for one night prior to a cruise to Bermuda and stayed at the Residence Inn. Overall the hotel is very nice and still looks brand new. We arrived around 10:30 am and I was fully expecting that we would just have to drop off our bags and return later, however they already had a room ready for us. The rooms are small, but its NYC so that is to be expected. That said, they are very well laid out and if I was going to be staying in the city for a few nights I think having a mini, fridge, microwave, etc. would come in handy. The hotel is located in a very good location near a lot of the sites most tourist will want to see.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Prim8Keeper
Jeannette, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I recently stayed three nights at this hotel and enjoyed my stay. The hotel is located between Times Square and Central Park. It's a short walk to either from the hotel. The hotel is 65 stories high but unfortunately my room was only on the 37th. The view was still a great one of the city, even tough I did not have a view of Times Square or Central Park like many of the rooms have.

Check in was quick and efficient, maybe not overly friendly, but not an issue. There are a number of elevators that just go to the Residence Inn rooms and they require a room key to get to the room floors. The majority of the time there was either no wait or a very short one. There were a few times, esp during the breakfast times, that you could wait a couple of minutes for one.

I thought that the room was laid out efficiently having the microwave, refrigerator, freezer and dishwasher in a area that included a sink. The fridge, freezer and dishwasher were in drawers that pulled out. The only problem I had was with the refrigerator not cooling when I checked in. I reported it and they came and fixed it fast. Unfortunately it went out again the next evening and I had to place a call again and was told they were replacing it but I was out and don't know if they did. It was out again when I checked out so I reported it at that time.

The bathroom had plenty of room for me and the shower was very nice with the special shower head. The towels were excellent and there was excellent water pressure. The full length mirror is hidden behind the sliding door of the bathroom. The bed was king and very comfortable. The TV worked well and there were a good many channels, even though you don't usually watch that much when in NYC. The cabinet to hang clothes was not extremely but had plenty of hangers. There is a good size laptop safe at the bottom which is nice, but it is mounted up somewhat high that doesn't allow things to hang without laying some on the top of the safe.

The 3rd floor is used for the breakfast area and has a good bit of space, but many days the breakfast is very busy The staff tries to keep up with it, but it seems that are understaffed many mornings. Some of the seating allows you to sit looking out the windows onto Broadway or I believe 54th. The 4th floor has a bistro and Starbucks and you can just hang out there or purchase breakfast if you don't want to eat at the free one.

I had an excellent meal at the Empire Steak House next door. Even though I has seafood, not steak it was great. The cost was about normal for NYC.

If I get back to the city I would have no problems staying here again, esp with a reasonable rate like I was able to get last weekend. It was convenient to subway stations and I was able to walk to the several shows I attended.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Billpa
Summit, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I tried to check into my hotel room at 7:30pm on the date of my reservation, but was informed by the desk clerk that my booked room (2 queen beds) was not available (and would not be available, even later that evening). Instead, I was offered an alternate room with a king bed (but without a rollaway bed or cot). I was traveling with 3 people (2 adults and 1 young child), so one bed was not sufficient. I had to find another hotel at the last minute on a Friday in midtown Manhattan -- not an easy task -- because Residence Inn could not accommodate me.

This is absolutely unacceptable. I will avoid this hotel brand in the future.

I also should add that the valet parking was not available when we arrived, so we had to drive to a nearby lot to self-park. There are plenty of parking lots in midtown, but the hotel advertises valet parking, so they should have a valet available at all times.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank GGTraveler
Doylestown, PA
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The location of this hotel and the views are great. The Residence Inn has the top floors, while the Courtyard (same building) has the lower floors. We had a corner room on the 53rd floor and it was an incredible view of central park and surrounding buildings. The room was very modern and somewhat compact, but it met our needs well. This Residence Inn doesn't include a cocktail hour in the afternoons like most others. Also the free breakfast was completely mismanged. The two days we had breakfast, everything was running out by 8:45 to 9am, even though breakfast is scheduled until 9:30. The staff didn't seem to care. It's a shame, because the people everywhere else in this hotel were extremely polite and seemed to do a good job. Fix the Breakfast and then this hotel would be excellent in my opinion. It's a short walk to great restaurants on 9th avenue, Central Park and Times Square. the subway is one block away.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are the best. The higher the better.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple