“Not user friendly”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Orlando
“Not user friendly”
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 nights on a birthday trip.
Ee asked for a nice room corner if posdible.
They gave us corner room with king bed on 55 th floor, time
square view.
View was great.
Room was very small and shower door extremely dysfunctional, as it opened towards outside only so you actually had yo step into living room in order to get in or out...
Not enough towel bars and hooks made it difficult to dry your towels.
Free breakfast was below average.
Hardboiled eggs. Were hard as a rock and croissants just below acceptable rating.
Staff very friendly and location excellent!

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank SchnitzelOrlando

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Location, location, location and the view/breakfast/hotel wasn't bad either. I stayed on my rewards points and upon check in I was treated very well. For Marriott rewards members stay here! They upgraded me to a Central Park view. It was beautiful! The room was very clean, modern, and the elevators were very fast. The breakfast was really good and the location on the third floor was open and very inviting. It was just blocks away from the subway and right across from David Letterman but it was a very quiet stay even though it is in the heart of the city. I would stay here time and time again but than again I did not pay for it as I used my points.

Room Tip: Ask for Central Park view.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank aroundtheworld2727
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I stayed here 2 nights for my birthday in NYC and this hotel is amazing. Not only is the hotel a nice hotel and the rooms are very swank and nice but the location is great. I typically stay on the east side of Manhattan when I visit and this was a pleasant change. It is just a few blocks to the subway, central park and times square. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank nyctraveler798
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stayed there 3 nights during a girl's trip in NYC and the hotel was amazing. Really well located (2 min walk from central park and times square), the view from the room was awsome, the room was really clean and well equiped. Nothing bad to say about it except the air conditionning which was facing the window so we couldnt sit in front of the window with the A/C on cause it was blowing completely on us.
I would definitely recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jessica F
Australia
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Having read super reviews about fhis hotel I chose to not book my regular Residence Inn Midtown East where Marriott Gold upgrade gets you a massive suite with a massive terrace This is a pitiful supermarket hotel in the style of the Jaoanese pod hotels Who cares about a view of a concrete jungle if u are upgraded to a room in which u can barely move. A kichen with pots and pans so u can sekf cater - these are aew hseless as there is no stovetop/hob to use all these utensils upon!!!! The location is particularly poor because you gave to dodge the masses of Times Square tourists who have no idea of sidewalk etiquette. My first and my last stay at this hypermarket

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Con B
Atena1981, Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Central Park, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Con B.
Thank you for taking your time to review us.Our amazing views make up for the boutiquish space our great rooms have. We do compensate for lack of stove by having hot plates delivered to the rooms by request.We would be happy to have you stay with us again in the future so that you can experience us again.I would appreciate further details about your stay and feel free to email me directly at anca.marginean@marriott.com.
Kind regards, Anca Marginean
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Biggest issue with the room we got was its cleanliness. Urine stains were on and under the toilet seat. The shower glass screens were not sealed properly so the bathroom floor would be flooded after each shower! Drawers were broken. Surprising hardware issues given that this is a new hotel. Having said that the view from our room was worth it!! Excellent!! Especially at night!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank dannyt123
Atena1981, Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Central Park, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Dannyt123,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

We were really pleased that you loved our views but very disappointed to hear about your experience of our cleanliness. Please accept our sincere apologies.

If you stay with us again please contact me directly and I would be happy to make the booking on your behalf. It would be nice to see you back with us should you travel to New York again.
Once again thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Best regards,

Anca Marginean
New Brunswick, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2014

All I can say is; the view is phenomenal! Wow, I'm certain that this is the best view in NYC, we had a corner room on the 62nd floor with a view of Midtown and Central Park. There's also an outside terrace on the 35th floor, a nice place to the view the skyscrapers all around you. We stayed here for a weekend to go see a Broadway show and the location can't be beat. The room was small but modern and the bathroom was spacious & spotless, which is excellent in my book. It was nice to have a fridge, dishwasher and microwave in the room. The bed was comfy, even if some people don't like these sheets. The central air system kept the room cool, super! The breakfast was plentiful and free each morning. The staff was good, but Ms. Anca Marginean raised the bar, she arranged our stay before arrival and her attention was exemplary. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple