“Amazing seafood”
Review of Morimoto

Morimoto
Reserve with OpenTable
Morimoto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #363 of 14,908 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Meatpacking District
Cross street: 16th Street
Transit: A, C, E at 14th Street. L at 8th Ave.
Reviewed 12 March 2015 via mobile

Had family get together dinner. Food was amazing particular the sea bass entre. Service was excellent. It was a great dining experience and would definitely put on my favorite list

Write a ReviewReviews (1,487)

Reviewed 3 March 2015 via mobile

We went to Morimoto for lunch during the restaurant week, and I have to say that everything, from food to service, was perfect!
I absolutely didn't have the feeling that they were offering the "cheaper version" of the restaurant, like sometimes unfortunately happens elsewhere during the Restaurant Week.

Reviewed 3 March 2015

I'm addicted to everything on the menu. I got the tempura rock shrimp in 2 different sauces and they are the best shrimp I've ever had in my life! I also love their sushi - the rice is so soft and everything is so fresh. My daughter had his specialty tuna tartar which was amazing! The Morimoto ice tea with mulled blueberries is to die for.

Reviewed 3 March 2015

We were visiting New York in the weeks leading up to Christmas, and had booked this restaurant on a Saturday night. Thanks to a combination of christmas shoppers, rain and protesters, the streets were absolutely rammed and we were 30 minutes late arriving for our table.

Understandably, with it being peak time on a Saturday evening, they had given our table away, however the staff were fantastic and I assume the manager (Lady with shaved head/very short hair) was fantastic in giving us options- a drink at the bar whilst we wait, or sit at the kitchen bar.

We chose to sit at the Kitchen and what a great experience! The Chefs were great, smiling but not intrusive and very skilled.

On a seperate note, the food was absolutely fantastic, and our waiter was very helpful.

Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 28 February 2015 via mobile

I was here with my wife and 6 months old baby. Waiters were extremely nice at accommodating us in a quiet corner. Food was amazing as they say. Will definitely come back!