“Fantastic B&B Location Perfect”
Review of Ivy Terrace

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Ivy Terrace
Ranked #9 of 79 New York City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed at the Ivy Terrace in the Greenwich Room for 4 nights. It was fabulous; your home away from home in NY. Kitchenette, stocked fridge, safe in the wardobe, free WiFi in room, what more could you ask for we loved it. Good Indian restaurant next door, laundromat a few doors down & the Roosevelt Tramway closeby. We will be back, thanks to Jeff & Vinessa the Hosts. Highly Recommended. Regards Karen & Phil Sydney, Australia

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LingLingLing
There are newer reviews for Ivy Terrace

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Fantastic B & B in an excellent location close to wonderful shopping, Bloomingdale's, restaurants, museums, the subway - the list goes on and on. Easy walk to all the Broadway shows, Times Square and Central Park. The Ivy Terrace is perfect as a base in New York City. We spent three nights in the Ivy Suite which was a large room at the front of the B & B complete with an outside Terrace to sit and watch the world go by. The room had beautiful high ceilings with a wonderfully comfortable queen sized bed, a kitchenette that was very well stocked for breakfast for our entire stay, en-suite, a small safe in the wardrobe and free in room WiFi. It was very nicely decorated and spotlessly clean. There is a lot of construction happening in New York at the moment and we did find the room a little noisy at night, though one night was definitely worse than the others and even ear plugs didn't help. We probably should have turned on the air conditioner to help mask the noise that evening. I will also add that we are sensitive to noise so I'm sure it wouldn't have been an issue for most people. Thanks to Jeff for your hospitality. We really hope we can come back again one day.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pnc87
Reviewed 3 October 2013

My boyfriend and I recently were in NYC for 2 nights. We stayed in the Ivy Terrace room and it was fantastic. Very large, high ceilings, clean , loved having a kitchenette and a table to sit at. There is also a terrace off of our room. We were amazed at how quiet the area is. We loved the area and all the wonderful shops and restaurants. It was such a wonderful experience , considering we usually stayed in a big hotel on Times Square.
We walked to the Met and all over. It was easy to catch subways and do your own walking tours.
I highly recommend this place to everyone. It was so cozy and also there is breakfast in the fridge. Nice touch.I also have to mention the amazing soft sheets on the bed. I am going to order them as soon as I find out where they got them. They also have a night cap of brandy if you wish!!!
I left my purse in the lock box in our room. I did not realize it till I was in another state. I called Jeff and asked him to check the lock box for me. It was there and he fed xed it to me that day!!! I told him to let me know how much it was and he said no worries. I was so relieved that it was found and then to arrive to my home state and it was waiting for me. Thanks so much Jeff for being so kind and taking such good care of us.

Room Tip: We stayed in The Ivy Terrace room , one story walk up. Check to see what floor your room is on. This...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bellacolorado
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Exactly what I was looking for in NYC, too. And the peeps running this B+B are exceptionally helpful and friendly--so much so that it often felt as if we had a private concierge. We were stuck in NY during Hurricane Sandy, which hit the day we were to leave, and our hosts were wonderful, allowing us to extend our stay and reducing our rate for the duration of the crisis.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My wife and I spent 3 nights in the Zen Room. The room itself was great, and very quiet (which is not an easy thing to say about anywhere in NY). I would definitely stay in the Ivy Terrace again, however I would prefer to choose one of the rooms on the 1st or 2nd floor. We were travelling for over a month and so had a lot of luggage and to get it to the 3rd floor up a steep staircase was no easy task. In fairness, Jeff had warned us about this. Once it was all in, however, we really enjoyed it. Jeff had filled our fridge with enough breakfast food for the 3 days, and then some.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ngwenyaglass
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I stayed in the Zen room which is on the third floor of the Ivy Terrace B&B in NYC. I decided to go up and spend a weekend visiting my daughter and have some fun. Although the Zen room is located on the third floor it is quite manageable if you are used to walking and in good shape. It is a large studio (by NYC standards) and had all the creature comforts one needs for a relaxing place to come back to after running around in the city all day. I arrived on a warm Friday afternoon and the room was all ready...air on, refrigerator stocked with breakfast essentials, more than adequate towels in the bathroom, maps in the nightstand, and a welcoming bed. The evenings were cool so I turned off the air-conditioning and opened the window. It was August mind you, and I realize many residents leave the city, but I was truly surprised at how quite it was. I slept well and woke up refreshed and ready to run around Manhattan again. Additionally, I know other rooms were occupied but I could not hear the tenants. Overall it's a quiet, safe, and wonderfully located Bed and Breakfast. I would highly recommend staying here as there is more space then a hotel room and it offers the convenience of a small kitchenette for breakfast and dining in.

Room Tip: Don't be intimidated by the 3rd floor location of the Zen room. If you are in shape it's lov...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Beachgalxo
Reviewed 17 August 2013

This was EXACTLY what I was looking for in NYC. A great location with easy access to the subway... the #6 that runs up Lexington... perfect. On top of that, it's surrounded by terrific neighborhood restaurants. It's impeccably decorated, clean, every amenity has been thought out including wireless internet, flat screen TV, comfortable sheets, mattress & towels... need I go on?? We always stayed in a hotel in NYC, even though we do B&Bs everywhere else... I'm SO glad I found Ivy Terrace!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Rose Room & didn't even know I was staying in the city... NO street noise an...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends