Club Quarters Hotel, opposite Rockefeller Center
Ranked #273 of 467 Hotels in New York City
South Glens Falls, New York
“Not thrilled”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We had a little bit of a hard time finding the hotel as the door is not anything special, just another door on the sidewalk. The parking was a couple of blocks away. The only employee in the tiny "lobby" was not friendly in any way. No smile, no welcome, no tourist ideas to share. There was a long line waiting to go up in the little elevator at 3:00 when rooms are guaranteed to be ready. There are only about 6 rooms on each floor. Our room was small, the bed was small. We only had one bath towel.
On the bright side, the bed was comfortable, bed linens were nice, TV worked, bathroom was nice. Everything was clean, hotel was quiet, location was convenient.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Check in was easy. A machine does it for you. The staff is beyond helpful. The rooms are tiny and comfortable. The location is perfect because it is close to EVERYTHING! we walked to central park, times square is 5 minutes away and the Top Of The Rock is across the street.

one issue we had is that we never found the water bottles!

If you speak a foreign language make sure to look for the girl names Gisel at the front desk. very impressive

Room Tip: do not stay on the 7th floor . My parents stood in 703 and heard every noise coming from the kitchen
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 25 June 2013

This was my 5th trip to NYC and I have stayed at a different hotels every time. This was by far my best experience. I will not go to any other Hotels on my future trips. I have finally found a home away from home. The location of the hotel is amazing! Restaurants nearby, shops nearby and even central park is a few blocks away. One thing that made our stay amazing was the staff they are very courteous and just a pleasure to deal with. One staff member that stood out was "Giselle". She is the most pleasant person to deal with she not only helped us at the hotel but also recommended places in NYC and even gave us a map with directions, and all that with an unforgettable smile. I will definately book my next stay there!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Buenos Aires, Distrito Federal, Argentina
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I´ve stayed at Club Quarters last week and was great,.

Location is the best, near everything you need in Manhattan.

Staff was great, great recommendations. TJ is the best.

Thx and hope to see u again in the near future.

Leo

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
NYC
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I have been staying at the Club Quarters for over two months now and it looks like I will be here a while longer. Being away from my family is really hard but I can truly stay that the staff at this hotel has made this work trip ALOT easier with their random acts of kindness.Although all the staff has been excelled I want to point out the genuine acts of kindness by Dhimitri, Mika, Giselle and Jerome. The other day I was speaking to Dhimitri and mentioned that I missed my mothers cooking from my native country. The next day I walk into my room with a plate of my FAVORITE Bosnian dish that my mother used to make for me. It really touched me that someone would go out of their way to do something like this for me. A few weeks ago I was having some issues with my AC in the room and mentioned it to Mika. Although she was not the cause of the issue, and it was not her fault that it wasn`t properly working she made every call to get someone out to my room as quickly as possible. When I went to pick up my food downstairs she had a voucher for me for a free breakfast. Earlier I went to the gym to work out and Jerome came in to make sure it was in good shape. He must have noticed that I didn`t have a towel and came back a few minutes later with a fresh towel for me. A week ago I was frantically looking for a receipt I needed for my expense report. I called the hotel and asked Giselle if she can have housekeeping staff check for me. Her calm demeanor calmed me down and she asked to give her a few minutes to check on everything for me and so I did. I ended up walking back to the hotel and she had a message with good news waiting for me. There have been many other instances where the staff has gone out of their way for me and this message would be way too long but I just wanted to say how their random acts of kindness really have changed my outlook on being away from home for an extended period of time.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 19 June 2013

It was such a pleasant experience staying at the Club Quarters - location was super central and the room very clean and spacious enough, bathroom as well was very spacious. The bed was extremely comfortable. The handsome manager at the front desk Dhimitri was extremely helpful and friendly - we wanted to know places to go out at night and he helped us find a great place. TJ was extremely helpful and amazing with us as well. All in all, I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming for a short and/or long period of time. Nothing beats its location and its friendly environment with the staff.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 5th floor and it was great, very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I stayed two weeks half work and half holidays. Excellent location. Half block from St. Patrick's across the Rockefeller Center and Radio City Music Hall. Small but comfortable rooms. Very good lounge and terrace on the 7th floor. Good for meals and meetings. Free internet. Not cheap but worth the price.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family