“Very Poor Experience” 1 of 5 bubbles

Scotland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Very Poor Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2009

Being a regular to the Paris Buddha Bar, I thought I would try the New York one during a recent visit. My wife and I arrived for dinner and were met by friendly staff and shown to our table. The place looked great and as usual the music was fantastic!

However our mood changed when it took 15 minutes (and asking 2 other members of staff) to get our waiter to take our initial drink order, despite it not being very busy!

The tables were exceptionally small, very close to each other and it was almost pitch dark. Luckily my wife had her mobile phone so we used the light to read the menu.

Our starters arrived very quickly, however the drinks we ordered still hadn't arrived (They arrived at the end of the starter). After the starter I went to the toilet and returned to find my main course sitting waiting for me and my wife looking very dissatisfied after being hassled by the waiter to order bottled water rather than than iced water.

After the meal we had a long wait to get the bill and were very disappointed to find that an 18% service charge is automatically added to the bill. The service was awful and especially for the prices charged.

We came away very disappointed by the whole experience and would certainly not go back.

I would recommend this place to those people who care more about their image than good food and service or those who have little experience in fine dining (as its similar prices to michelin starred restaurants). It is a place that caters more for image and ego than good food and service. It is worth going for a drink though but if you want the real Buddha Bar experience go to the Paris one.

4 Thank Gibo6

newyork
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“I had fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2009

I went to Buddha Bar for my birthday dinner on Jan 23rd and this was my first time and I definately had a great birthday. The dinner was excellent and I was comfortably full. I had the chillean sea bass on "sticky" rice, and it was soooooo good. I was recommended by my friend who went there for dinner before and she loved it. The host and hostess were extremely nice, and our waiter was friendly and he sang happy birthday to me. I loved the decor, the music, the atmosphere and I would come back. I wouldn't pay $18 for a martini but I woulld come back for the food, music and decor. I loved it a lot and thank-goodness it was a great experience especially for my birthday.

1 Thank aquarius007
nottingham
“poshest place that we've ever been to!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2009

went there for my fella's 34th birthday after he seen it on mtv and after my friend recommended it. we were extremely impressed by the interior decor, cocktails (even though we spilt them!), service, music (very funky!) and food (very tasty!). it was abit out of our price range but for a special occasion it was worth it. we would like to thank the owner of the bar who personally escorted us across the rd to tenjune (nightclub opposite where you need to be on the guest list) to the front of the queue where we got in free in front of everybody else (we felt like celebrities for the night!). we were treated with the upmost respect and courtesy all night. we were def impressed by this bar and it was the most classiest and poshest place we've ever been to and probably will ever go to! its a big shame we didnt take any photos to show our friends our amazing experience!

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“horrible place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2009

don't go here! bouncers are nasty and management doesn't care. Go to a club where you don't get abused.

NYC
“Watch for Hostess named Amber”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2008

I am a regular a the Buddha Bar and let me tell you how such a great place with great food looses so much with an hostess in particulat, her name is Amber, I asked her her name. She is rude, non accomodating, and with a passive aggressive attitude. The weiterss and weitresses on the other hand an great. She will do faces on purposes to make anybody feel unwelcome. I asked all my friends who go there and they all had the same impresssion about the same hostess. Please fire her or repriment her, otherwise me and another 20 of my friends will stop coming there