New York Hilton Midtown
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$371
US$343
  • Room Service
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$195
  • Pool
The Lucerne Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$387
US$251
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$188
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Muse Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$321
US$284
  • Restaurant
The Kimberly Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$322
  • Fitness centre
US$314
US$291
  • Pool
Stewart Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$211
Travelocity
US$472
Hotelpower.com
  • Breakfast included
10,978 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecentral parkgreat locationnew yorktimes squarerockefeller centerlarge hotelradio city music hallbusy hotelfew blocksfifth avenuehousekeeping staffhigh floorcorner roomstreet noisebagelsmidtown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I was very unpleasantly surprised when we checked-in to New York Hilton Midtown
during last christmas. As a long-time HHonors Diamond Member I´m used to expect
a little more than this property seems to be willing to offer.

The staff tried hard to meet my expectations to usual HHonors benefits when asked, but in my opinion they´re seemed to be very aware of the situation in this Hilton-property and I got sort of a down-graded overall feeling about property itself, our room (suite), executive lounge and it´s offerings... and btw, condition of the cot (or Pack and Play) provided was disgusting, broken and really dirty.

It´s quite possible that my expectations were unrealistic, but they´re mostly based on my experiences from other Hilton properties around the world - I´ve also stayed
in +20 of them in New York City during last couple years and sadly this one was the worst.

Location might be the only reason to consider this hotel in the future, but since there are so many better choices, we won´t be returning customers.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jay_Sunshine
Kek98, Director of Sales at New York Hilton Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointing service and conditions of your recent stay. We know our guests deserve the best and we will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We have shared your comments with our team and assure you appropriate steps have been made to correct the issues you encountered with comfort and cleanliness. Should you return to our area in the future, we would love to have you back so we may better demonstrate the complete quality stay you expect and deserve.

NYCNH_DS@hilton.com
New York Hilton Midtown
Kellie Cahill
Director of Marketing

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Nice staff! Nice rooms! Nice and convenient! the entire staff - front desk, bellman, excutive lounge, bar staff and housekeeping - EVERYONE was super nice. They worked very hard to ensure that guests were satisfied. the location was perfect - walking distance to everywhere I needed.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Four of us went to NYC the first weekend after Christmas so all hotels were very expensive!! This one was no different but we went for a special occasion, and we wanted a great location- which we got!
The room was fine, two doubles and a bathroom- they upgraded us immediately to the "executive floors" or somtheing like that which included a continental breakfast - we were thankful to have a little something at the hotel before we headed out for the day- it wasn't too bad. We also got to get snacks in the evening at the lounge, which we proceeded to bring to our room so we could have a cocktail up there instead of the beer and wind offered through the "honor system."
The location is great- no doubt about it- and safe, of course. One thing they did for us, which I thought was really nice, was when we got back to the room around 11:00pm they had left a bottle of champagne, a box of candies and an incredible chocolate/chocolate cake of some sort that was delicious! It was my friend's birthday so I thought that was a very kind gesture!
There are some funky things about the hotel, you can see that it needs some work, painting here and there and maybe a little face lift needed but ...we still had fun! The rooms were very expensive- total came to $985.00 for two nights, including all the ridiculous taxes. We didn't add anything "extra" to the bill.
We did not have any problem checking in- no lines- they "made up" our room even though we said they didn't have to , in order to get free wifi, so that was also nice. When we requested more glasses, they never came...a small inconvenience but to be a top rate hotel they really should resond to those requests OR have 4 glasses in a double room, not 3! Little things. But we had a great time.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 January 2014

They have a sandwich shop on the first floor called Herb N' Kitchen, and it's mediocre at best. But room service is gone and all your food choices have to come out of this place that keeps your sandwiches under a heat lamp. I'm a big fan of a nice room service breakfast, so for me, this is as lame as it gets for a major hotel. With so many choices in NYC, I will go elsewhere.
Shower tiles in our bathroom were literally popping out of the walls, so when you took a shower, the water would run down behind the tiles to who-knows-where.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Elvis355
Reviewed 16 January 2014

It was a business trip but the city was hosting the marathon that days and hotel was overcrowded. I was pleasantly surprise how effectively crowds of people were managed at the check in - it doesn't happen everywhere like that, unfortunately. Especially given that there were a lot of marathon participantes with limited abilities. Well done.
I would probably repeat once again what others were saying about locaion - it is superb in all aspects. Rooms are OK, value for money. What I really enjoyed was the sleep quality, everone needs that after busy day of meetings or sightseeing. Beds are comfy, linen ar of high quality, it was silent and - at least in my room - climate control worked properly.
What I didn't like was the pricy and poor wi-fi - guys, you should do something about it. I also missed a nice cafe - wanted to have a coffee with a business partner but found that lobby is too loud and overcrowded? the bar is closed and Herb n Kitchen only sell takeaways... I agree that people come to NY not to eat in the hotel but you still should have a quite smart place like a nice cafe that works all day.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business