“great location”

Ranked #324 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Great base for exploring the island. Nice size rooms, clean and up on the 42nd floor it was quiet and had a pretty decent view. We loved the concierge floor perks, breakfast and snacks in the evening were welcome for my hungry lot.

Room Tip: There was 6 of us so the concierge floors were a great option for us. The breakfast and evening snac...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I went with a group in December 2013. It's in a perfect location to walk to almost everything. The hotel is elegant. The room was very nice. My complaint is no place that's convenient to plug in a curling iron. I had to call and have someone come up. One was behind a desk. He had to move the desk and I could only stand to be able to see a mirror. No plug ins in bathroom for anything but a razor. This is a priority for a woman. The view from the 28th floor was fantastic, especially watching a blizzard. The mattress was very comfortable. We slept good. I loved the hotel and would stay here again when I go back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I stayed here for three nights in between January 15-18, 2014. The hotel looked and felt like a 4.5 stars to me maybe because the hotel was very busy and the number of staffs did not seem to be sufficient at times. The room was in good size but I wish it was 50% larger or so. The service was definitely very good and location was also great. Only 5 min.-walk to Time Square...

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 January 2014

A Hilton was a guarantee for high class service and amenities. This property was such a disappointment during my stay there last week. As a diamond member of Hilton I stay a fair bit in their brand. Noisy rooms, thin walls, and poor amenities, or lack of it backed, by an "Attitude" that is terrible even by NYC standards made for a terrible stay. As an example, the coffee shops don't open until 6:30, but they have removed coffee makers from all rooms , "because it was not worthwhile" aka cost savings. If you have an early meeting, then you are out of luck. The guy had the temerity to tell me to walk outside to find a coffee shop if I was so particular. The only place for breakfast was the $45 buffet, pricey even for NY. The wifi was worse than I have seen in Motel 6 and their attitude was "take it or leave it". I can go on. Their well equipped gym was the only redeeming feature. It appears that the hotel simply being in NY does not care about the guest. What a pity.

Room Tip: All rooms are equally mediocre
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank DrParticle
Kek98, Director of Sales at New York Hilton Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your candid review of our value and amenities and we will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for ways to improve our guests' experience. We hope you will give us another chance to impress should you return to our area in the future.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I stayed here recently for a business trip and wasn’t sure what to expect in the rooms. I was pleasantly surprised by the newly renovated modern room that I was assigned to. This hotel is close to Radio City Music Hall, Times Square, Central Park & Rockefeller Center. They have many amenities on-site plus they are about 1-2 blocks from anything including a good diner for breakfast. Excellent location for business or vacation visitors. The staff was very helpful including the concierge.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Its been a while since I stayed in a upscale hotel in midtown Manhattan, so maybe its the norm, but I was quite surprised at how bare the rooms were in terms of amenities. Is this the new normal? There was no fridge - though they would trundle one to your room if you asked, and there was no kettle/ coffee maker. We asked for some form of heating device to boil water, and they told us to order room service. What sort of 4 star makes you pay for hot water?!

On the third day of my stay, the housekeeping crew came into my room just as I was leaving. I asked the lady to change the bedsheets as there was a stain on it, and she said she would. When I returned that evening the bedsheet had not been changed! Was she just trying to humour me?

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Kek98, Director of Sales at New York Hilton Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on the comfort and appointment of our guestrooms and we apologize you were disappointed in our offerings. We will use your comments as we continually evolve to improve our guests' experience moving forward. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Does it really cost so much for the Hilton to keep the coffee machines in the rooms? So now there is no room service and no coffee. So I had to go downstairs (waiting 10 minutes for the elevator) and wait in line because everyone had the same idea. It's just the last straw. Oh and the new Ice Bar is moronic. The front of the hotel is dominated by a stupid looking store selling ice bar t-shirts. So farewell NY Hilton! The London Hotel is right down the street. Same great location but with a coffee machine in the rooms. So the Hilton saves a quarter but loses my business forever.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Neil,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your candid review of our in-room amenities and regret you were disappointed in your most recent experience with us. We will utilize your comments as we look towards future improvements and hope you will give us another chance to impress should you return to the city in the future.