“Wonderful service”

Ranked #324 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

I'd stayed at this hotel a couple of years ago, this was my second visit, the hotel rooms are a bit tired but the beds were lovely and comfortable with high quality bright clean sheets - which ultimately is all that matters!
I was a little disappointed not to have any tea / coffee making facilities but there was a Starbucks outside.
The staff were very helpful and friendly and sorted us out with a late check out of 1600 so we didn't have to find somewhere to leave our luggage.
Will definitely come back!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 January 2014

This is an older property; I'd say that Hilton is working hard to keep it spiffy and up-to-date. The amenities were there when I needed them, and the location is prima. You can't find a better spot in Midtown Manhattan. I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Hilton Midtown Hotel is an acceptable average hotel in New York. I expected more for the price paid. I really feel like on a commercial trip sponsored by local business. Every time you walk outside elevator someone try to sell you something, Broadway show, discount card, etc. I even get voice mail on my room with advertising messages! What a shame.
Breakfast is poor (look like cheep motel breakfast) and expensive, only take breakfast once.
Hotel employees are acceptable, not really friendly, not really customer oriented, but acceptable.
I booked and paid for a “deluxe” room, be careful, there is no difference between deluxe and standard room, truly disappointed! What a lost of money for nothing.
I visit New York few times a year from many years, it was my first and LAST stay in this hotel.

Location is great.

On the side note, as a HHonors gold member, I expected a little bit more that the absolutely nothing I received. The only little advantage is the free wifi. Nothing more… I asked for a high floor room, I get a 9th floor accommodation, for a 40 stories building, not really matching my wish. Don’t think about other advantages, they are totally non-existing.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank yamatthey
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

WOW this used to be a flagship hotel. This is now a real overpriced under delivered 2nd class business hotel. Room was the size of an electric closet (others are bigger in fairness) the place is convention city and the best places to go are the bars. There is a restaurant if you want to call it that called Herb & Kitchen. It is pre-made food kept warm under heatlights and in a word it SUX. Room service is sporadic and even when it is available it is the same horrible food! Close this place and open a McDonald's. Room was cold lines for cabs were long and you had to wait in the fridged cold (17*F). I bypasses the line thanks to "Uber".
The bed was like a rock and this room was behind an elevator so it sounded like low flying planes coming in all night. I stayed here a few years ago and it was great for the price. $45 dollars for a hotel breakfast buffet? Com' On Man!!!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank ThatLawyerDude
Kek98, Director of Sales at New York Hilton Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Thank you for returning to stay with us and sharing feedback on your visit with the TripAdvisor community. We are sorry to hear you were disappointed in our guestroom appointment and dining amenities. We know our guests deserve the best and we will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We have shared your comments with our team and assure you appropriate steps have been made to correct the issues you encountered with comfort and amenities. Should you return to the city in the future, we would love to have you back so we may better demonstrate the complete quality stay you have come to expect and deserve.

NYCNH_DS@hilton.com
Kellie Cahill
Director of Marketing

Reviewed 29 January 2014

This hotel has totally changed. not at the same standard as what a hilton should be. crappy rooms, no mini bar, no room service (other than ready made foods from a take away cafe), staff unfriendly. a big zoo!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank Alain D
Kek98, Director of Sales at New York Hilton Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Alain,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and apologize you were disappointed in the appointment and guestroom amenities. We will use your comments as we look towards future renovations and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the city.

NYCNH_DS@hilton.com
Kellie Cahill
Director of Marketing

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Great base for exploring the island. Nice size rooms, clean and up on the 42nd floor it was quiet and had a pretty decent view. We loved the concierge floor perks, breakfast and snacks in the evening were welcome for my hungry lot.

Room Tip: There was 6 of us so the concierge floors were a great option for us. The breakfast and evening snac...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I went with a group in December 2013. It's in a perfect location to walk to almost everything. The hotel is elegant. The room was very nice. My complaint is no place that's convenient to plug in a curling iron. I had to call and have someone come up. One was behind a desk. He had to move the desk and I could only stand to be able to see a mirror. No plug ins in bathroom for anything but a razor. This is a priority for a woman. The view from the 28th floor was fantastic, especially watching a blizzard. The mattress was very comfortable. We slept good. I loved the hotel and would stay here again when I go back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends