New York Hilton Midtown
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$195
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$204
US$159
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$178
  • Room Service
Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
US$200
US$169
US$189
US$159
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$334
US$262
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$188
  • Restaurant
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$176
Hotels.com
  • Fitness centre
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$331
US$320
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$250
Official Site
11,057 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecentral parkgreat locationnew yorktimes squarerockefeller centerlarge hotelradio city music hallbusy hotelfew blocksfifth avenuehousekeeping staffhigh floorcorner roomstreet noisebagelsmidtown
Reviewed 14 April 2014

An amazing weekend at the East Penthouse! You can't beat the 45th AND 46th floor Penthouse at the Hilton Midtown New York. We hosted 30+ people each of the 3 nights we were there, and we had a blast. The upstairs guest suites for private and quiet to retire early, while the downstairs accommodations were perfect for entertaining, including the grand piano. Thanks Hilton for a BIG weekend in Manhattan.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
3  Thank Chip P
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We spent a night at the Hilton manhatten and found the NY flagship extremely disappointing and certainly does not merit a four star rating.
The room was clean albeit boring - facilities BASIC - 2 towels, 2 face cloths and 1 hand towel.
No water, minibar, turndown, robes or slippers or coffee machine.
As for food - WELL, I have NEVER experienced anything quite as bad!!!
We flew in from South Africa , and after a long flight decided to retire early and not "hit the town"
Called down and was told there was no room service, but could call the onsite restuarant which would deliver a meal.
WELL!!! This was an experience never to be repeated. I ordered a turkey burger and pot of tea.
Imagine my surprise when I opened the door ( of this four star hotel ) and was handed a packet, yes a packet containing a foil wrapped, Inedible slab of dried out meat between a bun, a piece of lettuce and frozen tomato and onion which they passed off as a salad, plastic knife and fork and a paper cup of boiling water, 2 tea bags, some sugar (no teaspoon) half and half and a napkin.

This is certainly not the Hilton of the past and is definitely a case of once is more than enough.
Fortunately we're checking out and moving to an old favourite, the reliable Helmsley Park Lane.
Bev Chertkow

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 911Bev
Kek98, Director of Sales at New York Hilton Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Bev Chertkow,

I would like to take a moment to personally thank you for submitting your experience. Your feedback is truly important to us because it helps us to realize both our strengths and weaknesses from our guests' point of view. I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations with food service and amenities throughout your stay. We strive to provide the world class experience you expect from our brand and regret this was not your experience. We will keep your concerns in mind as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' needs and hope you will give us another opportunity to impress should you return to the city in the future.

NYCNH_DS@hilton.com
Kellie Cahill
Director of Marketing

Reviewed 14 April 2014

After 19 years I was pleased to come back here with my family. Since 1995 I upgraded myself to different hotels around central park but with three children I found the Hilton more affordable. What a difference...the executive lounge has been moved from the 44th floor with view to the lobby on the street! Many clients complaint about this and I agree. Hilton surely needed more space for more rooms for more clients...The hotel is full of groups, one of them is a group of hundreds of students, I am sure very sympathetics but young and here to also enjoy nightlife. Nobody can complaint! The only I can complaint is Hilton who give the suite we have booked between two rooms of students. They had parties in their rooms and I do not want to blame them even we had sleep problems... A client explained me that she had the same problem a few weeks ago and that Hilton,,at least this one, is now the center for groups 'festivities' and they do not card about individuals and surely not families. This is exactly the feeling I have. So, they can keep their HHONORS 'privilèges' and first learn what privilege means...WAS A PRIVILEGE TO BE ABLE TO SLEEP IN AN HOTEL ?

Room Tip: Do NOT hope to find sleep with so many groups in this hotel dedicated to groups
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank PhilippeDouvier

Philippe Douvier,

I’m so sorry for the noise issues you experienced with neighboring guests' festivites during your stay. We work diligently with our staff to ensure each of our guests is respectful of others, while still enjoying their stay and special event. We regret you experienced a noise level that made your stay unpleasant and we hope you will give us another chance to impress the next time you are in our area as we are eager to make your stay with us the best hotel experience possible.

NYCNH_DS@hilton.com
Kellie Cahill
Director of Marketing

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We arrived very late at night and were placed in a room right opposite an elevator cupboard? Which made nothing but a loud whirring noise all night. We complained and were moved to a quieter corner room and offered 50% off the stay of the first night which was fine. Next thing was in the new room the mirror was disgusting, smeared in black make up which was not us and obviously been there for goodness knows how long. The staff were snotty and unhelpful whenever we asked for help, and were told at the start of the stay we would receive free bottled water everyday as we were hilton honours members, when we asked for this on the 3rd day a rude lady declared we were only entitled to two bottles for the WHOLE stay, plus there was actually 3 of us in a room so not even one each. The location of the hotel was excellent, 5 minute walk to 5th avenue and Central Park and taxi rank right outside. The free wifi in the lobby was good, however when we wanted to drop off our cases as our flight home wasn't until the evening they wanted to charge us $3 per bag to place in the luggage room! Of all the hotels I have stayed in, I've never been charged for this privilege. Overall a disappointing stay in a hotel which is meant to be well known for being respected. Luckily didn't ruin the vacation in New York, but would never stay again. Greedy and below adequate service.

• Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank Sophie C
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This is the largest hotel in the city, and you feel like it. The line to check into the reservation desk takes more than fifteen minutes - and there are multiple lines. It's like customs at JFK.
The rooms are very basic, there are no refrigerators or coffee makers. I agree with the other writers that the only service I felt was really genuine and personal was from the housekeepers, always observant, friendly and helpful.
Making a room reservation in the first place requires a call to a rude twelve year old in India, completely outsourced booking. No one here is interested in your feedback on experiences like that, either. Charges are plentiful, internet access costs $14.00 per day.
There is a very good little food shop in the lobby, but it seems to be run by vegetarians. Out of six pizza selections and five breakfast selections, only one will have any meat and of course, that will be gone immediately, there were many starving carnivores prowling here. Fortunately there's a fantastic halal stand across the street to get some protein.
My room, with a corporate discount, cost more per night than my plane ticket from Montana. I can't justify this by the location alone, as there are other establishments with better rooms within walking distance for a more reasonable price.
However - the history is visible, the renovations are lovely. The bar and recreation areas are so spacious and well equipped that it is possible to find privacy even in that crowded horde. It's a great location to host a large conference. The décor is elegant and has a wonderful 40's flavor. The views from every window are what you came to New York for.
Over all.. average.