New York Hilton Midtown
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$195
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$157
  • Room Service
Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
US$200
US$169
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$217
US$198
  • Fitness centre
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$176
  • Fitness centre
US$168
US$138
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$255
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$209
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$250
Official Site
  • Room Service
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$331
US$299
Agoda.com
11,064 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecentral parkgreat locationnew yorktimes squarerockefeller centerlarge hotelradio city music hallbusy hotelfew blocksfifth avenuehousekeeping staffhigh floorcorner roomstreet noisebagelsmidtown
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We have stayed at this New York Hilton several times in the past. We were surprised that this visit did not go as well as previous visits.

First, this hotel is well located in the midtown area of Manhattan. It is close to major shopping, Times Square, Radio City and several different subway lines. We have always found it to be a convenient place to say.

Second, the hotel is very large and offers the range of services that one expects from such a large hotel. It has restaurants, bars, room service, bell service, and a concierge desk. The employees working those services are routinely polite and efficient.

Third, this hotel has been engaging in substantial remodeling of the public areas. The main lobby area, including the restaurants and bars, has recently been updated and looks very nice.

The problem on this trip was the cleanliness and maintenance of the room.

The room we reserved was suppose to be non-smoking. A sign on the wall of the floor where our room was located indicated that the floor was non-smoking. When we entered our room, it had the distinctive smell of tobacco smoke. Upon looking around the room, we discovered other issues. There was a wet spot on the carpet, wallpaper was beginning to separate from the wall, there was water spilled on a table, the air filter on the air conditioning unit was dirty, and the room appeared as if it needed a good dusting. The bathroom appeared clean, but paint was clearly chipping around areas of wear.

We reported these issues to the desk when we went out for the next morning. When we returned, we discovered that some work had been done.

The housekeeping staff was running some type of small air filtration unit in the room. That did reduce, but not totally eliminate the odor. The floor had been dried and some attempt at cleaning up had occurred. The wall paper had been re-glued in loose spots. The air filter on the air conditioner, however, had not been cleaned.

Upon checking out, I mentioned these issues to the desk again. The person working at the desk informed me that they had started working on remodeling rooms. They had, however, started with "executive level" rooms and since I was staying in a "standard" room, they had not gotten to that yet. The person at the desk did offer to award additional Hilton Honors points to my account to make up for the less that top quality room. As of one week after the stay, those points have not appeared in my account.

After arriving home, I received a request from Hilton to fill out a survey about the stay. The survey asked if I received the perks and benefits due a Hilton Honors member. Specifically, the survey asked if I received the complimentary bottles of water. I had to respond that the staff did not note my Hilton Honors membership. They did not offer any perks or benefits due a Hilton Honors member. I did not receive the complimentary bottle of water.

Of additional note, this particular property has started the practice of offering a range of services for additional fees once a reservation has been made. After making the reservation and prior to taking the trip, I received emails offering such services. It was noted I could upgrade rooms for a fee or I could even get the room earlier in the day, for a fee. When we got to the hotel at approximately 9:30 in the morning, I asked if we could check in. I was told that we could have the room if we paid an additional fee, otherwise we would have to wait until check in time to get to the room. We decided to leave the bags will the bell service rather than paying a fee just to take our bags to our room.

Again, I was surprised at the issues confronted on this trip. All prior stays at this hotel had been excellent. It had not been my experience with Hilton generally nor this Hilton in particular to be given a room that was less than clean and up to date.

This location is a good area to stay when visiting New York City. There are, in this area, a variety of hotels from a variety of hotel chains. I will consider staying at those other hotels until I am certain that this hotel has finished its remodeling issues.

Room Tip: If you stay in this hotel, try to stay on higher floors. New York City is a noisy city and street noise does continue most of the night. The higher floors are not subject to that noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SCTraveler16
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Great location, friendly staff. Very clean. Good in-hotel food options for breakfast and snacks. For a woman traveling alone, the hotel felt safe and secure. Large, quiet room was a surprise. Could have used an in-room coffee maker. Otherwise, amenities were lovely.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The Hilton New York Midtown's "Bagged & Tagged" procedure doesn't work if you leave computer related items behind (a laptop power adapter and wireless mouse). Beginning with check-in, this was my first negative experience at a Hilton Hotel. On a more positive note, the Conceirge information was spot on and made my event experience positive by getting me there on time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Great hotel location, friendly staff - room was designed like a Vegas room - don't be in it unless you have to. Old furniture uncomfortable chairs, marginal bed. There is a 200 character minimum for this review. The rest is filler. The formica furniture was cheap. The bathroom didn't have an exhaust fan, the windows were dirty, the carpet was stained.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen G
Kek98, Director of Sales at New York Hilton Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Stephen,

Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town and let us know how we are doing.

NYCNH_DS@hilton.com
New York Hilton Midtown
Kellie Cahill
Director of Marketing

Reviewed 16 May 2014

When looking for a full service hotel in Midtown NYC, this should be your 1st choice for value & comfort. The location provides easy walking distance to the theater district, the best shopping and Central Park.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple