We stayed at the Hilton midtown for 6 nights in the 3rd week of June.
I write this review with mixed feelings as on one hand, I have a hotel with excellent service and on yhe other hand I have a hoyel with very outdated rooms, cramped and which definitely dont justify the price.
If it were not for the excellent location and yhe exceptionally high level of service, I would most definitely not stay here.
1. Rooms are very tiny, with barely any walking space if you have luggage.
We had a 5 yr old and with the sofa cum bed open at night, we couldnt even open the drapes because the window was diffucult to get too.
2. No mini fridge
3. No electric kettle
4. Tiny cramped bathroom with a shower with no basics like even a towel rod. If the door to the bathroom is
open, its difficult to even turn around.
5. The lobby was crowded like anything on all the days we were there. Very
noisy with lots of people around. Its like a party!
1. The level of service is outstanding. A special mention to MrJake Mustian
Security Administrator Assistant.
My husband had left our camera bag in the room with the lens inside. We called the hotel and were told very categorically that they hadnt found anything in our room and would have it on record. Just out of the lark, I mailed the hotel and within a day, there was a mail from Jacob informing me about the bag. He had managed to trace it and even offered to mail it to our family free of cost.
I was really impressed with
his level of honesty and
The management, kindly do make note of this.
Thank you Mr Jacob once again for your help.
2. The concierge was also very helpful with their suggestions and extremely pleasant.
3. Their is an herb kitchen right in the lobby, perfect to grab a cup of coffee or sandwiches. They have an excellent cheesecake:)
On all the days that we were here, we picked up our breakfast from here.There is also an excellent breakfast place right across the hotel and a lovely deli on 55th street. So I would advise not wasting money on the expensive breakfast served at the hotel, which is very good but highly over priced in my opinion at $45 per person.
I loved this hotel for the location and for the service..special thanks to Jacob again..but for the price, I didnt care for the rooms at all. I feel at least the basics should be
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sophisticated international hotel designed for both the business and leisure traveler, the New York Hilton Midtown is located in the midst of New York City’s business headquarters and media centers, conveniently near Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, and the Museum of Modern Art, just one block from Fifth Avenue shopping, and a short stroll to Times Square, Broadway theatres, Central Park, and many more cultural attractions for which New York is famous. Equipped with modern conveniences to meet all your business and travel needs, the hotel features extensive facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your New York Hilton Midtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton New York Hotel New York City
- Hilton New York City
- New York Hilton
- New York City Hilton