Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Warwick New York(New York City)
  • Restaurant
The Blakely New York(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
The London NYC(New York City)
  • Restaurant
The Dorset(New York City)
View Hotel
Parker New York(New York City)
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Room Service
Carnegie Hotel(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
Wellington Hotel(New York City)
10,957 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecentral parkgreat locationnew yorktimes squarerockefeller centerlarge hotelradio city music hallbusy hotelfew blocksfifth avenuehousekeeping staffhigh floorcorner roomstreet noisebagelsmidtown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I have stayed at many hotels in the city. This hotel was a frequent one for me, however, this hotel has cut back on almost everything. I have cancelled all my future reservations for this property and I will not stay here again. The bathroom on the main floor did not have soap in two out of the three soap dispensers, and the faucet did not work on one. The property is no longer as clean as it use to be. The gym no longer has a reception desk, fruit, messages etc... It is now like a gym at a Hampton Inn. The gym use to have a huge reception counter, a person to sign you in. It takes away from the way it use to be. The rooms no longer have a coffee maker or mini bar, no fridge, nothing... There was not even water provided, which as a diamond member, has always happened. I paid over $300 a night as a business traveler. i expect a certain level of service from a HILTON, and this hotel has failed. This hotel is simply a large Hampton Inn, in my opinion. If you just need a room in midtown and don't care about having morning coffee in your room, cleanliness, or personal service, then this is the place for you!

Room Tip: don't stay on the 28th floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Janet M
Kek98, Director of Sales at New York Hilton Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

We are so sorry to hear you were disappointed in the comfort and appointment of our guestrooms and common areas during your recent stay. We value you as a loyal guest and regret your experience as we strive to consistently provide quality service and accommodations to each of our guests. We will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet this standard moving forward and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you visit the area so we may show you the improved hospitality you expect and deserve.

Director of Marketing

Reviewed 25 July 2014

After identifying this property’s location (near Times Square, Broadway, Central Park) as perfect for a family holiday to NYC, we booked a 6 night stay in July. We paid a bit extra for a corner room. It was of course during the high season, costing us $350+ a night.
We were disappointed on a few fronts:
1) While the lobby and amenities are admirable, the general hallways and rooms are definitely showing their age: I saw peeling wallpaper, cracks and chipped paint in hallways, and especially in our room a fairly stained carpet that also felt moist in spots—no doubt not helped by the humid weather. The property is showing its age, unfortunately, and was not what I hoped for at $350+ a night.
2) The extra for a corner room was not worth it—we could not have curtains open as that window faced directly into office windows across the street, with a resulting lack of privacy. I basically paid extra for no benefit. Don't bother.
3) I was especially annoyed that to have access to in-room Wi-Fi would cost another $15 a night. I find this nothing short of gouging.With cities and communities across North America working to provide free Wi-Fi service, and competing hotel properties and chains offering free room Wi-Fi, I think this is a real negative. I and many other guests were forced to make the tiresome trek to the lobby just to access free wifi for email, etc.
4) I also was unhappy to find the only option for a nice breakfast was a buffet priced at $45 per person. Faced with that, we opted for going offsite for breakfast.

I will acknowledge that the fitness room was superb, generally staff (with a few exceptions)was very pleasant and helpful, and thought the idea of the Herb N’ Kitchen (think: cafe meets deli meets convenience store) was a good one that we did utilize a few times. But the overall impression was not terribly positive.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dave,

Thank you for submitting your experience. Your feedback is truly important to us because it helps us to realize both our strengths and weaknesses from our guests' point of view. I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations on value and appointment throughout your stay. We strive to provide the quality experience you expect from our brand and regret our missteps. We will keep your concerns in mind as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' needs and hope you will give us another opportunity to impress should you return to the city in the future.

Director of Marketing

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is a BIG bustling hotel and convention centre but it is surprsisngly friendly
and hospitable. The rooms are clean, updated and quite spacious- the bathrooms are a bit tight but the beds are exceptionally comfortable. If you are attending a convention at the hotel, you will be amazed at the efficiency of the service, espcially at coffee breaks and meals.
The best feature of the hotel is the LOCATION- it is within walking distance of Central Park;
the Museum of Modern Art(MOMA) is exactly five minutes awa;,Carnegie Hall, and several subway stations.There are a few grocery stores close by ( Klein's is very convenient), many neighborhood restaurants and diners, and even a Dunkin Donuts very close. Fifth avenue shopping is a block away! Concierge service is helpful.
If you get a continental breakfast package you will be pleased with the executive lounge conveniently located on the main floor. Otherwise go to Astro a few blocks north for a great Ameican breakfast.
The theatre district is within walking distance in good weather and a quick subway ride away in bad weather.Buy transit cards at the subway stop (10- 20 dollars worth per adult) -public transit in NYC is excellent- and the trains will get you where you want to go faster than most surace transport, taxis included.
Book well in advance and save a bundle at this exceptional property- an all around excellent value in a very pricey city.Keith Meloff Toronto

Room Tip: Try a corner two bedded room for the best all-around experience
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kmeloff
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Where to begin -- this is a giant convention hotel that is ill-suited for anyone here on business. The elevator situation is crazy -- 3 small elevators service 15 enormous floors, INCLUDING THE BALLROOM AND CONVENTION SPACE. If you are here in a convention, you will wait 10-15 minutes for an elevator, and I assure you that elevator will be crammed with convention attendees. DO NOT ACCEPT A ROOM ON FLOORS 4-15, since those are the ONLY elevators that service the convention space. Crazy. I complained and asked for a manager and was told a manager would call me. Nobody called. There are also no realistic room services -- I waited over an hour for someone to bring up missing toiletries (and then left so who knows when they arrived). Room service made the beds up but that was about it. Not much picking up of the bathrooms or rooms. Towels are threadbare. The internet is slow (the 20 per day premium service). While I may have been particularly unlucky, there is a party going on at this very moment next door to my room -- perhaps folks celebrating the 9 and under modeling competition going on at the hotel for the last three days. All this can be yours for $450 a night.

Room Tip: Consider a room elsewhere. Floor 16 or higher
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Gracemoses
Kek98, Director of Sales at New York Hilton Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on our service and appointment and apologize for the issues you encountered with our elevators and convention goers. We will use your comments as we continue to evolve our guests' experience moving forward and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Director of Sales

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I've stayed here twice. The first time in April 2013, and most recently in May 2014. We used HH points each time. The first time we were on a HH floor, the second time on a regular floor, but there was really not much difference. The hotel is in a good location for things like the MOMA, TImes Square, Central Park.
The double rooms are a very generous size for a NY hotel. The beds are comfortable and the rooms and bathrooms are very clean. The queen beds are obviously more comfortable for 2, but the double beds were adequate for 2 adults.
There was an issue with connecting to WiFI, I spent some time on the phone and it wasn't resolved for at least 24 hours, but as I was not working, it was just a nuisance, not a make or break issue.,
We grabbed coffee and a pastry and fruit to go in the morning from the coffee shop, service was fast and courteous.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Kellie C, Director of Sales at New York Hilton Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Pilsner78,

Thank you for your recent stay and your feedback. We love our Midtown location and we're glad it allowed you to enjoy so many parts of our beautiful city. We know how important it is to stay connected while traveling, which is why we are pleased to offer complimentary Wi-Fi in common areas and in-room access for a daily fee. If you have any further questions about amenities or services, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. We appreciate your review and hope you'll join us again soon.

Director of Sales and Marketing