“Convenient, clean, comfortable hotel”

New York Hilton Midtown
Ranked #325 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Alexandria, Virginia
“Convenient, clean, comfortable hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2006

The Hilton New York is clean, comfortable, well-located and offers excellent service and amenties. Although it seems a bit old, the lobby and certain floors have been recently renovated. Our 30th floor room came complete with mini-bar and large flat-screen TV. Although we didn't have much time, we were able to use the check-in kiosk, the taxi service, baggage hold service, and visited the hotel bar. I'd highly recommend this hotel for tourists and business travelers alike.

• Liked — great location
  • Disliked — the hotel bar was expensive
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with friends
3 Thank sykesy116

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,764)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Lewisville, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2006

The Hilton New York is a great place. It is exceptionally clean and very well located. I stayed there four nights in June for a conference that was being held at the hotel. It was my first trip to NYC so the location was great for me to get out and sightsee. It's in a very nice neighborhood and I would have no problem staying there with my 4 month old daughter. When I search for a hotel my biggest concerns are 1) Safety of the surrounding area and 2) Cleanliness. This hotel was perfect in both respects. I interacted with the staff on a few occasions and found them to be polite and helpful. I greatly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Cleanliness/Location
  • Disliked — Loved it all
  • Tips/Secrets — Try not to pay the full rate, its expensive.
  • Stayed June 2006, travelled on business
1 Thank JarodTX
Indianapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2006

Our room at the Hilton had recently been redone and was nicely appointed. It was on a Hilton Honors floor. The Hilton is large convention hotel but in a great location within walking distance of Fifth Ave. shopping, Central Park and Times Square. The only complaint we heard was about the slow elevators. We ate at Swifty's on Lexington when we walked to the Frick Museum, Town (very good and within walking distance) and Blu Fin (in Times Square) before we went to the theater. All our meals were excellent and I highly recommend them.

• Liked — room and location
  • Disliked — internet connection and our room didn't get clean on day
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled on business
3 Thank HawkeyeIn
Boston MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2006

My family and I just returned from a 4 night stay at this Hilton hotel and it was a wonderful experience. Our room was very clean, and the hotel staff was very polite. One of the staff informed my sons that the LA Angels were staying there as well (we are big baseball fans) and we were able to get several autographs which made a very nice bonus to our trip!

The hotel is in a perfect location. A five minute walk in one direction will take you to Rockefeller Center, and a five minute walk in the other direction will take you to Central Park. There is a subway stop right around the corner. Radio City Music Hall is just across the street.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to families and we would stay there again. The location and the staff were both great.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — Restaurant was closed
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
3 Thank prmom
UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2006

We have stayed before and we have had issues, this year we booked up well in advance[9 months] asked for adjoining rooms.Late arrival 11pm, no adjoining rooms but on same floor, then the rooms were King beds, when you have two grown lads they do not want share same room, we did ask for one King and two doubles. We said that was not acceptable, asked to see the night manager, his attitude was terrible.
Could not care less, said we would be moved the next day as there was a lot of free rooms, never happened.
In the end we stayed on the 44th Floor and my family stayed on the 15th, two lift rides to see them
The year before I said never again, this year has confirmed it.
Oh and i got my loyalty statement this week and after telling the clerk the number, I had lost my card, he did not enter my loyalty number so I have lost my points.

Never again

• Liked — Location is Good
  • Disliked — The whole experience
  • Tips/Secrets — Go elsewhere, Hilton do not care!!
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
2 Thank Jedfromtheneckup

Travellers are raving about these New York City hotels

Ames, IA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton New York on the Avenue of the Americas for a weekend in NYC for our fifth anniversary. We booked it through Priceline for $120/night. It was a classy room as I'd expect from a Hilton. We had our weekend planned out so we didn't require any assistance from staff. However, the few staff we did come in contact with were kind and helpful. It is within easy walking distance of the 5th Avenue shopping, Broadway, and the subway. We were very pleased with our stay and would definitely stay at this hotel again.

1 Thank ShanBanan
Nashville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2006

This hotel is in a great location. It is convenient to MOMA, shopping on Fifth Avenue, and the theatre district. The place is big, which is a drawback. But we had a good stay there. If you can get a good price on it, I would recommend it. It is not luxurious by any stretch, but we found it clean and comfortable. We managed to get one room key that did not work. We noticed that one of the complimentary water bottles was open as was the mouthwash.

Stayed August 2006