“CREDIT CARD CHARGED TOO MUCH!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Mela

Hotel Mela
Ranked #262 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Brescia, Italy
“CREDIT CARD CHARGED TOO MUCH!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

The hotel is pretty good, as you can see in other review.
When checking out the receptionist showed me a proforma invoice for minibar consumption totally wrong. I claimed that there was an error and he told me he would not charge my Visa for the wrong items.
When back at home I got my credit card charged for items I did not take.

!!!NOT CORRECT, BE AWARE!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
nickhotelmela, Front Office Manager at Hotel Mela, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at Hotel Mela. Allow me to apologize for the billing error; I assure you this is not indicative of the level of service we consistently provide.

At your earliest convenience, please contact me directly at patrickk@hotelmela.com so I can rectify the error.

Thank you again your feedback, I hope to hear from you soon.

Warm regards,
Patrick Kennedy
Assistant Front Office Manager
Hotel Mela

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (631)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

This is the second time I stayed at the Hotel Mela. The location is perfect for NYC theater district, the rooms and beds are comfortable.The price is reasonable. The rooms are just what is needed for an overnight stay. The staff is very friendly. The only down side that we have had is your room will not be available until the 3:00 PM check in. Not a real negative, but I do like settling in to my room before I venture into NYC.
The best comment I can make is again I will look to stay here in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Yorktown Heights, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Hotel Mela is a boutique hotel centrally located on West 44th - close to restaurants and Broadway shows. The rooms are comfortable with all the needed amenities. There's even a gym on the 2nd floor (no time to use it). The front desk staff - headed by Natalia - is excellent. The check in was cordial and swift. Even after you check out, the front desk staff will arrange to hold any of your luggage. My wife and I enjoyed our second visit to the Hotel Mela in mid December. When we return to the City for a night in the spring, Hotel Mela will be our destination for its price, location, and friendly and efficient staff.

Anderson, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location to Times Square, Rockefeller center, and Central Park. We were able to walk to all these locations. The service was great and all we're very friendly. The Italian restaurant across the street was excellent as was recommended by the staff.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 30090Laura_S
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stayed at hotel mela from 12th to 18th December and having not been to New York before we were very pleased with our hotel choice. We were on the 11th floor at the front of the hotel which we found great, we were never bothered by any noise. Our room had everything you need for a trip to NYC as we didn't spend much time there due to being out sight seeing. It was clean and had great facilities; we especially liked the hot chocolate available from reception in the evening! The front desk were fantastic (especially Adrian and Danny); they organised dinner reservations and taxis to the airport for us.
There are plenty of restaurants and bars close by and Times Square is literally a 1 minute walk away. The hotel location is perfect for 5th avenue, Rockefeller centre and time square. We had booked to see a show which was just down the road from the hotel.
The rooms were great and the bed was really comfy which was appreciated after the long days walking around! We will definitely book to stay at hotel mela agin due to the perfect location, clean and modern rooms and friendly staff. The wifi was also an added bonus as it meant I could FaceTime my family to tell them my boyfriend had proposed on Central Park ice rink!! All in all....a perfect trip away!

Room Tip: I had read about some of the rooms being noisy but this never bothered us!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

Boutique hotels are unique, which makes them special and not for "everyone". Hotel Mela is classy with an understated European hipness. It is not cutting edge nor tacky. It is, however, on the smaller side, but full of quality. The staff is extemely pleasant and efficient. Totally comfortable and a good value. If you desire large chain hotel "large size" and cookie cutter familiarity, this is not your place--this is special.

Room Tip: Depends what you appreciate: if you want light/view, you may have to put up with a bit of street noi...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for 5 nights over Christmas on the 16th floor.
The room was surprisingly big and the bed was extremely comfy! The room was cleaned every day and the staff were more than helpful.
The location was the reason why we chose Hotel Mela. Everything was within walking distance and the Christmas atmosphere was truly brilliant.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple