Hotel Mela
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
US$208
US$200
  • Pool
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$188
US$308
US$274
US$347
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$301
US$232
  • Pool
US$444
US$412
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$203
US$171
  • Fitness centre
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$243
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$276
US$267
Orbitz.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$210
US$170
  • Fitness centre
4,358 results
All reviewssaju bistrotimes squarejohn paullong roomgreat locationfrench bistronew yorkrooms are smallbrick wallmini barbryant parkthe theater districtstreet noisearound the cornercentral locationan upgradebig apple
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 January 2014

This was our second time staying at the hotel and I would certainly return. Lovely large rooms for NY standards especially as we received an upgrade. Each night the turn down service provides chocolates on your bed, a lovely touch. Location is second to none located at Times Squares but not noisy as its situated a few buildings away from the main centre and withing a short walk of Fifth Avenue. The staff were all very helpful and a special thanks to Johanna for all her help with the reservation and the extras provided. I could genuinely not recommend this hotel anymore.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CMulroy
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I reserved a small suite for myself and my family for New Year's Eve (chose it because it was 1/2 a block from the ball). When we arrived for check-in I said my usual "if you can give us the highest room with the best view." that I say ate every check-in. Jonathan, the friendly guy behind the desk said "Don't worry. I took care of you." which can mean anything, really, so I was quite honestly in tears when we opened the door to 1701 a 1000+ sq ft penthouse with windows on 3 sides and a great view of the lights on Times Square (we could see the ball reflected in the glass of the Thompson Reuters building).

So "I took care of you" qualifies as the biggest understatement of my 2013. Thank you Jonathan!

As if that weren't enough, once we got home my son realized he had left his (brand-new, handmade) toy bunny in our room. We called, spoke to the housekeeping manager who, after checking lost-and-found and all the staff with no luck, searched the room again herself and finally found the rabbit stuck behind the headboard of the bed. Huge collective sigh of relief.

Thank you Lucia!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We stayed at Mela for one night during the weekend. The location was amazing. We paid $163 and we also got free breakfast so I thought it was a good deal. The rooms were very small but clean so overall it wasn't a bad deal. The hotel is rated as 4 stars but I don't think it's a real 4 stars. It has a super tiny lobby and the rooms are even smaller.
I didn't leave disappointed so I would return.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 January 2014

It was second time I was staying in this hotel. Though I was pretty much disappointed I must admit it has great value for NYC: Clean room and excellent location. But this time I got unfortunate enough to deal with the staff: bellboys, front desk and manager herself. I will not go to the details, but those people were really ignorant and unhelpful. And after all of those , my advise will be : Stay in this hotel if you need just a clean room and good location and don't stay here if you expect some kind of simple hotel services.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
nickhotelmela, General Manager at Hotel Mela, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Hello Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and writing a candid review on your recent stay at Hotel Mela.
We appreciate the feedback and always take reviews from our guests very seriously.

Additionally I would like to personally apologize about our staff not providing warm and personal service. We will look into this matter immediately and I assure you this is not indicative of the hotel's service standards.

Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything we can do to recover this experience for you.

Warmest Regards,

Nick Ivezaj
Hotel Mela
email: nicki@hotelmela.com

Reviewed 20 January 2014

A great Boutique hotel!!

My wife and I stayed at Hotel Mela Wednesday December 18th thru Sunday December 22nd .

We knew we had stepped into a hotel we would return to from the moment we arrived at the front desk. The front desk staff were extremely accommodating and went out of their way to meet our requests.

The location of the hotel is fantastic especially if you are looking to navigate NYC by foot with a focus on Broadway and Times Square.

Our room was very nice; it appears to have been redone recently. The linens, the bed and the decor were all great.

As part of our stay we had breakfast vouchers for an adjacent fabulous French restaurant, the Saju Bistro. Wow, what a treat don’t miss dining at this great little restaurant, it’s a gem (just like Hotel Mela)!!

We will be back to NYC and we will be staying at Hotel Mela once again!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple