Hotel Mela
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
US$208
US$175
  • Pool
Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$308
US$295
  • Restaurant
The Westin New York at Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$297
  • Restaurant
Dream Downtown(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$367
US$324
Dream Downtown
  • Pool
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$223
US$203
Triumph Hotels
  • Fitness centre
Omni Berkshire Place(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$266
US$255
Omni Hotels
  • Room Service
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$218
  • Bar/Lounge
Hampton Inn Manhattan-Times Square North(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$348
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness centre
Warwick New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$410
US$230
  • Room Service
Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$223
US$216
4,356 results
All reviewssaju bistrotimes squarejohn paullong roomgreat locationfrench bistronew yorkrooms are smallbrick wallmini barbryant parkthe theater districtstreet noisearound the cornercentral locationan upgradebig apple
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I have stayed at the Hotel Mela for the past 6-7 years. It is definitely my hotel of choice. The location is great, rooms are beautifully appointed, and the service is the best. As far as I am concerned it is the only place to stay

James Guelfi

1  Thank James G
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The journey to New York wasn't an easy one, we arrived at the Hotel Mela tired, achey and ready for our bed. When we checked in we were upgraded to a king room and I have to say it was one of THE most comfortable hotels I've ever stayed in.

We didn't have view (unless you count the building next door a view) but it didn't really matter as we spent most of the time our and about anyway. But the room was a lovely size, just enough for two. The bed was extremely comfortable and the toiletries left in the bathroom were divine.

Our room was very close to the lift so we thought we'd hear the noise of the lift all night but not once did we hear any noise from outside the room.

The staff were lovely, at check in and check out. Check out was particularly helpful and gave us perfect directions to the airport via the train.

The location was also top notch, steps away from times square but just far enough back that you could catch your breath and escape the noise. Plenty of bars and restaurants on the doorstep.

The hotel was beautiful, well maintained and very modern. We will definitely return!

3  Thank rachp11
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Overall check-in, room, and location was great! Checkout went fast and we used there car service to the airport. 45 minutes after I checked out I received a notice from my bank about a large charge. The hotel charged my card $1600 when I checked out. I called right away and was told they do not know why and I had no additional charges. I was informed they would refund the money right away. Well three days later and I still do not have my money back. $1600 is a lot of money to be waiting on. This is poor customer service and not the way to run a business.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank JJones2416
HotelManagerMela, General Manager at Hotel Mela, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Hello Ms. Jones,

First thank you for writing a review on your recent trip to the Mela.

Also I want to personally apologize about the mishaps upon checkout; please know your credit card was authorized the amount of your stay and has hence been released given your reservation was indeed prepaid. We do apologize for this and we take guest service very very seriously.

Please contact me directly if I could be of any assistance to you.

Warm Regards,

Nick Ivezaj
Hotel Mela
Direct: 212-710-7008

Reviewed 17 May 2014

When we arrived our reservation had a mix-up. The hotel manager exceeded our expectations in making this dilemma have a great ending. Our room was upgraded to a suite and while the suite was being prepared, the manager hosted us to wine and cheese in the bistro. Never has a manager gone so out of his way to make a bad situation perfect. The location is great. There is a diner down the street called The Red Flame (next to the Algonquin) that is great for breakfast or lunch. If your trip is to enjoy theaters, Times Square, and have excellent service, The Hotel Mela isyour best choice.

3  Thank HarrietteTaylor
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Hotel Mela is a good option if you are looking for a property near Times square. Our room was small (hey, it’s NY) but clean and the common areas were very nice. It is walking distance from Times Square and the theater district. Included with our stay was breakfast at a restaurant (Saju Bistro) next door to the hotel, making our stay an even better value. The only drawback to be cognizant of if you stay here is the mini bar. Be warned. It has sensors to tell them if you had any cocktails, water, or snacks. Well, when we checked out we had $40 of mini bar charges on our bill and never even opened the bar. It appears the problem was not just with us as we met 2 other couples when checking out that had the same issue. And management did remove the charges. Not a deal breaker but something to be aware of.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple