“Fabulous”

Ranked #266 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Brigantine, New Jersey
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Great bedroom with comfortable bed, good size bathroom, very nice toiletries, all newly renovated, excellent full American/French breakfast was included in our stay! Front desk was very accommodating, as was all the help.

Hotel Mela was conveniently located to everything you'd want! It was just minutes from all the excitement in Time Square, great restaurants, great shopping, great bars and a few blocks to the theater.

Just fabulous!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank 14gal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (641)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

I came and met my sister in NYC. I was going to a conference being held at the Westin which was charging an arm&leg for a room. Yet hotel Mela is a much better location.

The room and bathroom were fine for 2 people. The BR doesn't have much counterspace but that didn't bother us. We were on the 16th floor and it was quiet.

Some reviews mentioned lukewarm water in the shower..we didn't experience that issue.

We had a desk in the room and to be honest I am not even sure if we were upgraded or not.

The wi fi worked fine on the 16th floor.

Its a great location with a theatre right outside where Neil Patrick Harris' show would let out every evening and u could catch a glimpse! Close to times square, subway and broadway shows.

Also there's a 24hr deli/convenience store just steps away.

My sis and I really enjoyed our stay here and the location is great. The rooms may not be as big or cookie cutter as big chain hotels but this place has character& very affordable.

The staff was helpful whether it was about directions or where to grab a bite to eat.

Now having said all this I haven't checked my credit card to make sure all charges are ok lol... also we were warned by desk staff upon check in the mini bar is electronic so moving things around could lead to charges!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank nermean a
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Front desk very helpful, bed comfortable, room was big, and toiletries were remarkably good! Location is also excellent - right next to Time Square. Some (minor) complaints: Internet was slow, the air con unit was either pumping out (smelly) hot air, or blasting out ice cold, and was noisy. And the walls/doors seemed to transmit noise from the corridor - I thought my neighbour opening their door was someone breaking into mine!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
San Diego, California
Reviewed 24 May 2014

While I did not stay at this hotel, this review is for the concierge service... my parents were on a 3 week trip ending up in NYC for my mom's 75th b'day. I called the hotel 2 days prior to their arrival to order champagne and a platter, w/ a card for my mom's birthday. After two calls and promises so email me an order form, I received one, replied back w/ an order and my credit card. Asked for a confirmation order was received and it be delivered on "x" day. Never heard back. Decided to call evening prior to confirm order, was told, "was delivered today"... ?! Wrong day. Had to ask my mom if she received anything... "oh I did, your dad sent up a bottle of wine, and cheese plate"..."you sure that wasn't from me?" ... "no she said, no note from you." Awesome. Complete fail. Needless to say I wasn't charged, but what a major disappointment. I did speak w/ manager today to express my disappointment, spoke w/ Josie and she was very nice and apologized for the mix up... just bummed... next time, will send flowers...

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank allisonl834
HotelManagerMela, General Manager at Hotel Mela, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Greetings Dear Guest,

First let me sincerely apologize about the serious mishap that occurred during your visit at Hotel Mela. We typically execute concierge request and a very quick and personable manner and I'm very sorry this did not happen.

What happened during your stay is a very rate incident and indeed isolated; rest assured we have made corrections so that something like this never happens again.

Although we cannot change what happened; we would like to offer you a deeply discounted rate and upgrade to one of our suites if you ever decide to give us a second chance..

Please contact me personally so that we can show you we are very serious about restoring customer satisfaction.

Warmest Regards,

Nick Ivezaj
Hotel Mela
Direct: 212-710-7008
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My husband and I have stayed at Hotel Mela three times over the past two years. We love the staff...the rooms...the location...and anything else which you can think of. This recent trip was to celebrate our anniversary, and they included breakfast - a very nice perk in Manhattan.

The bed was incredibly comfortable, the room was ridiculously large for Manhattan, the front desk staff, concierge and housekeeping could not have been nicer or more efficient.

There's no way to describe how perfect the location is...half a block from Times Square but it was very quiet...we didn't hear a thing - even at 2:00 in the morning. We walk everywhere while on holiday, so the central location of Mela is simply perfect.

Thank you, Hotel Mela...and special thanks to Ronald Dizon who really went above and beyond.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank proofer1
Bradford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I have stayed at the Hotel Mela for the past 6-7 years. It is definitely my hotel of choice. The location is great, rooms are beautifully appointed, and the service is the best. As far as I am concerned it is the only place to stay

James Guelfi

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank James G
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The journey to New York wasn't an easy one, we arrived at the Hotel Mela tired, achey and ready for our bed. When we checked in we were upgraded to a king room and I have to say it was one of THE most comfortable hotels I've ever stayed in.

We didn't have view (unless you count the building next door a view) but it didn't really matter as we spent most of the time our and about anyway. But the room was a lovely size, just enough for two. The bed was extremely comfortable and the toiletries left in the bathroom were divine.

Our room was very close to the lift so we thought we'd hear the noise of the lift all night but not once did we hear any noise from outside the room.

The staff were lovely, at check in and check out. Check out was particularly helpful and gave us perfect directions to the airport via the train.

The location was also top notch, steps away from times square but just far enough back that you could catch your breath and escape the noise. Plenty of bars and restaurants on the doorstep.

The hotel was beautiful, well maintained and very modern. We will definitely return!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends