“Compact, convenient, clean and comfortable”
Review of The Lex NYC

The Lex NYC
Ranked #36 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Burlington, Vermont
“Compact, convenient, clean and comfortable”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

My husband and I recently spent 4 delightful nights at the Lex, while enjoying a vacation in NYC. Our experience was quite positive- the staff could not have been more helpful, the hotel was conveniently located and our room was sparkling clean. Although compact, the room was set efficiently, with built in furniture and wardrobe. The bed was quite comfortable and the linens were crisp and clean. My only concern was the way sound carried between the bathrooms (conversations could be heard quite clearly) and occasionally between the rooms themselves. This was not enough to mar a very positive experience. We would absolutely stay at the Lex again, and would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an affordable hotel that is clean, comfortable and well staffed.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room that is not on the Lexington Avenue side
Greeting from The Lex NYC,

I wanted to personally reach out and thank you for your comments on your recent visit with us. I am delighted to hear that our hotel was a good fit for you're needs while in NYC. The team at the hotel is 100% dedicated to making memories for each of our guests and your 5 star review shows me that we hit that goal. I also wanted to thank you for sharing your concerns about the noise issues in the room. It is feedback like this that allows me the opportunity to look at our current product in order to make adjustments when needed. I will be sure to look into the noise concerns and come up with the solution to remedy the issue. Again, thank you for your comments and please, don't be a stranger.
Matt slippoy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Falmouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I had a great experience at this hotel, the staff was warm and friendly at hello, willing to help with every single question. As soon as we got in the room they called us from the reception to make sure all was well with the room.

Location is KEY without exaggerating. Just a stone's throw from Madison Park, Empire State building, Gramercy Park and a ton of good restaurants.
There are a number of parking garages close by too where you can leave your car overnight at a fair price ($25-30)

The rooms are very clean-this building is actually brand new- and the overall feeling is that of a modern progressively decorated hotel.

I can definitely see myself going back there...

Room Tip: Ask for a room with balcony, definitely worth the upgrade especially if you are a smoker!
1 Thank yourgas
Greetings from The Lex NYC,

I wanted to personally thank you for your stellar review on our hotel. It is comments such as yours that motivates the team at the hotel to achieve excellence. We all have pride and passion when it comes to servicing our guests and it is great to see that this proved true during your visit. We would love to have you back as our valued guest shortly and we wish you well until that time comes.

Ocean, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 30 April 2014

this boutique hotel should train the five star hotels in nyc how to treat and take care of there guests ... the rooms where spotless ... the check inn was perfect and easy ... i requested a early check inn and a room away from the elevator ... they did both ... the bathroom was clean and roomy ... the internet and tv where terrific .... and the bed is on the back of my suv it was so comfortable .... i am so glad i chose this hotel for a two stay ... i will be back and i hope they do well at the lex nyc ...

Room Tip: my tip is stay here ... its worth it and more .. they do a great job at the lex nyc ...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank skippysnippy
Matt S, General Manager at The Lex NYC, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Hello and thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent visit with us. Nothing is more important to the team at the hotel then receiving feedback from our valued guests. It is great to see that we were able to accommodate your early check in and room location requests. We strive hard to ensure that all of our guests request are not only met but exceeded. Please let us know if we can ever be of assistance in the future and until that time, we wish you the best.

Clophill
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Great little boutique hotel that's nicely located for all sorts of things. Madison Square Park and the Flatiron building are a couple of blocks away, etc, etc. Great service, nice rooms - compact, so beware if you're expecting a grand suite!

No in-house catering apart from a little breakfast in the morning, but plenty of restaurants around and when you check in you'll get a list of recommended ones.

Fantastic staff, clean and great value.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Tquinlan
Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Just returned today from a 5 night stay at the Lex our first trip to NYC. Great hotel good location.
Very friendly staff all very helpful. A big thank you to Armando for his help with directions and must-dos. Each morning we had a question for him he gave us good advise.
Our room was great cleaned everyday also clean towels everyday. We would recommend this hotel to any of our friends looking to visit NYC.

2 Thank Lesley H
Matt S, General Manager at The Lex NYC, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Greetings from The Lex NYC,

I wanted to personally thank you for your stellar review on our hotel. It is comments such as yours that motivates the team at the hotel to achieve excellence. We all have pride and passion when it comes to servicing our guests and it is great to see that this proved true during your visit. We would love to have you back as our values guest shortly and we wish you well until that time comes.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Here's the skinny on this hotel:

Value = 5 stars great price for it's quality and location in NYC. This hotel was $350 when the W down the block during the same times was $700 per night

Staff = 5 stars. It's a new hotel, had been open a month when I stayed. The staff was great, did everything you needed and proactively checked in. Great stuff, they care

Location = easy. Midtown, walkable to lots of things and subway.

Rooms = 4 stars. Nice rooms. My only issue was that I was there when it was still cold (snowing in mid April). The heater is a wall unit, and while it worked just fine, the fan on the heater was really loud. I had noise canceling headsets that I could sleep with so it didn't really bother me that much, but if I didn't have those I could see that being a problem. I did tell the front desk on my departure and they said they would check the fan level.

Room Tip: Ask about the heating unit in the wall. The fan on mine was loud.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Ocean F
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Recently stayed at the Lex for a few nights during my first trip to NYC -- the hotel was nice but the staff was AMAZING! They were extremely helpful with directions and local must-dos while I was in the city -- also just fun people to be around which made a huge difference. Thanks guys!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo