“New hotel!!”
Review of The Lex NYC

The Lex NYC
Ranked #38 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Made my reservation on Expedia...I don't know what happened, but is thought I was at the lexington hotel, which I've stayed before..but, what a nice surprise!!!

The Lex was a very nice boutique hotel, wonderful, helpful staff. Nice continental breakfast & since we were there on Tuesday, had a evening wine & cheese spread.

Hotel is new & very clean & quiet!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed at the Lex Hotel with my Boyfriend and it was great. I am pretty particular about Hotels.
First off let me say I have travelled to many places including NYC before and I have never come across such great staff members. They were warm, friendly, welcoming and the great part each one was super knowledgeable of their surroundings and was great at helping you plan your days, NYC is Big and so much to see, so they were great at giving some guidance.
The rooms were very clean and Modern and had little extra touches.
Location was excellent and everything was easily accessible to everywhere by walking and or by Train
I highly reccommend this hotel for anyone looking for the above mentioned and on my next trip I will def being returning!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Matt S, General Manager at The Lex NYC, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Greeting from The Lex NYC,

I wanted to personally reach out and thank you for your comments on your recent visit with us. I am delighted to hear that our hotel was a good fit for you're needs while in NYC. The team at the hotel is 100% dedicated to making memories for each of our guests and your 5 star review shows me that we hit that goal. We are very proud of our property and agree that the location is perfect and that we have hired the best talent in NYC. Please come back and see us shortly so that we can ensure another memorable stay.

Matt Slippoy

Reviewed 16 July 2014

An excellent and friendly hotel with super clean rooms and comfortable beds.

Staff: everyone acts as if they're part-owner, as if they have a personal stake in making sure things are just right. Seems it's a happy and well-managed place.

Room was immaculate. Maybe a second trash can in the bathroom would help (but not a big deal). Bathroom was so clean.

I had to rush out in the morning, and I was checked out and in a cab (with hotel staff help) before I knew it.

I want to mention that I had emailed with a special request to stay up and away from the street noise, as I had a bit of an issue with street noise in a prior stay. They put me way upstairs in the back, and it was wonderful. Plus they wrote a note by hand welcoming me back, which was in the room when I entered -- a simple and friendly gesture. Super great hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Matt S, General Manager at The Lex NYC, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Hello and thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. It is nice to see that you enjoyed your visit and that our staff treated you with the service that you have come to expect while staying at a hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with them as they take a great deal of pride at making each guests stay a perfect 10. Please dont be a stranger and come back to see us shortly.

Matt Slippoy

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Where else can you stay and be greeted by the GM of a hotel, who takes a genuine interest in your experience at his property? The Lex NYC. My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at this delightful small property this past weekend. Upon arrival, we were treated like returning guests. The GM Matt and his well-trained team are there to serve and that they did.

We received an upgrade without asking and our bags were brought up to our room while we were parking our vehicle. The front desk manager, Omar, could not do enough to make our stay a pleasant one. Lots of great surprises including having dessert delivered to our table at the restaurant that Omar had booked at our request. We were stunned and delighted to say the least!

The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was well sized for a NYC property. The friendly staff greeted us politely each time we walked by and we felt very much at home.

Matt and his team sent up a special package to our room, which included some lovely truffles. Seriously folks, I've spent a lot more at other NYC properties and have yet to experience this level of service.

A hotel is nothing more than a bed with rooms. That is unless you stay at The Lex NYC. We will be back for sure!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roberta M

Greetings From NYC,

I cant thank you enough for the stellar review. It was such a true pleasure to have had the opportunity to meet you. Both Omar and I had a blast speaking to you. We truly take pride in getting to know our guests and I very much so enjoyed speaking with you and your husband. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit with us and we would love to have you back as our valued guest/friend shortly. Please feel free to reach out to me personally next time you are in the city and I will work to ensure another memorable stay for you and your husband. Until that time, please don't be a stranger and stay in touch!

Matt L Slippoy

Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is a new hotel, only open for about three months. The service and staff did an outstanding job and are very accommodating. The real surprise in this NYC boutique hotel is the size of the bathrooms. Very large for a boutique... as large or larger than a chain hotel. As most rooms in NYC they are a bit small but the design takes advantage by the layout. I was impressed and will stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Our 3 night stay at The Lex was excellent. Our standard queen room was very big considering rooms in New York are typically small. The room was well furnished with lovely dark wood furniture, a large flat-screen TV and the bathroom was especially contemporary and clean. The maids service was excellent and they cleaned so thoroughly we felt like we had a brand new room every day. We very much appreciated the soft new towels to come back to.
The staff were friendly and helpful and one member of staff went out of his way to hail us a cab as we struggled to do so in the street outside.
The location of the hotel was good - only 2 blocks from a subway station and close to Madison Square park. The hotel is not exactly in the hustle and bustle of Manhattan but it doesn't take long at all to get to the major places of interest.
We enjoyed breakfast every morning with a selection of pastries, muffins and fruits. I recognise that breakfast is complimentary however I think that a jug of fresh fruit juice such as orange or apple juice would not have gone a miss. For someone that doesn't drink coffee, this would have been appreciated.
Just a tip for potential future guests - it was actually cheaper to pay for the room directly through the hotel rather than using any online hotel room booking services.

Thankyou The Lex for a great stay. We will most definitely stay with you again as the value for money tops most other New York hotels. I believe your hotel will soar to one of the very top hotels in New York on Trip advisor in not too long.

Room Tip: Top floor, Lexington Ave side - great view from the window and quiet!