“Excellent Experience at Duane Street Hotel”
Review of Duane Street Hotel

Duane Street Hotel
Ranked #220 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the Duane Street Hotel. I thought the value was excellent for a Manhattan hotel. The rooms, as others have noted, are on the small side, but my room was well laid out, well maintained, and more than adequate for sleeping and doing some in room work. I did miss having an in hotel exercise facility, but otherwise this was a perfect place for me to stay. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Nicolas D, General Manager at Duane Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at Duane Street and looking forward to your next visit

There are newer reviews for Duane Street Hotel

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Sexy and chic meet comfort and location in this residential style Tribeca hotel. Epitomizing boutique, it was slim on amenities and room size, but the efficient and friendly staff, sexy finish work, and bed like a cloud more than made up for the size of the room and lack of in-house Sunday dining options. No problem, really, as the front desk set me to a cool place around the corner called Tiny's that served a killer brunch and has a log burning fireplace. Walking distance to the 9-11 memorial and anything you could possibly need were an added bonus. This is the type of hotel you return to again and again because it is more like staying in a hip city B&B than a boring branded box hotel. I was happy to find out it is part of a small collection of hotels up and down the East coast (Boston, Philly, DC, Miami) so will try out their other hotels for sure. And the social responsibility program was in line with the cool factor: I was able to buy a sexy one of a kind T-Shirt with proceeds benefitting the Autism Society, soft sold by the front desk. Love this place and can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Stay in Executive corner rooms for walls of windows and a little more square footage.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your great feedback and the entire team is looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I long ago concluded that the term "boutique" is simply a convenient euphamism fo describing a hotel with small rooms and short on facilities (e.g. Gym). Well, this hotel takes this to the limit. I have NEVER seen such tiny rooms in ANY hotel in ANY country. Don't bother to bring much by way of clothing as there is virtually no cupboard space. We had booked for two nights as part of a block booking for a family function but were not prepared to spend a single night in a tiny room overlooking a busy and noisy street. The hotel "graciously" agreed to charge us "only" one night of the two booked.
I can best summarise our experience by quoting what my wife said on seeing the room: "maybe, when I was a student, I would have been prepared to stay in a room like this"
Don't bother to bring a cat; as the saying goes "noi room to swing it".

Room Tip: Don't bother; there aren'rt any
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank travel-agent-boris

Thank you for taking time to write a review.

We appreciate honest feedback so that we can work harder to improve our facilities and provide the best customer service.

I am very sorry to hear about your experience and we like to think the smaller sizes of our rooms are made comfortable by our excellent luxury amenities such as our Scandia bedding, REN bathroom products, and complimentary Wi-Fi.

Additionally, please note that despite lacking the space for an adequate in-house gym the hotel does offer complimentary access to Tribeca’s Equinox Gym & Spa.

Again, thank you for your response, and I am saddened that we did not assist you better in making your stay with us more enjoyable.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

This wonderful hotel is like your european pension. Its in a convenient location, inexpensive by NYC standard, clean and the rooms tend on the small side but that's all you need in NYC. The people that work here all have sunny disposition and are very helpful and polite, which makes for a lovely stay. I was here with my two kids and they were very accommodating, some might think thats expected but you would be surprised how many kid hostile places are around once you have kids. I will definitely use this more often

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Nicolas D, General Manager at Duane Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Thank you for your wonderful comments and are looking forward to seeing soon with your kids

Reviewed 30 December 2013

First time being in New York and I was there, tagging along my wife for her business trip.

Rooms:
The size of my room was slightly too small for 2, probably will book a bigger room the next time but it's all good as I'm out most of the time. The beds were awesome and our sleep was great!

The only problem we had during our stay was that the aircon was down twice in the middle of the night but it was fixed by the handyman the following day.

Service:
The staff was amazing. Dominica and Kelly were really helpful, thoughtful and pleasant! Kelly -Going the extra mile to research comedy shows timing, location, how-to-get there when I mentioned I was looking forward to comedy shows in NY! Dominca - really helped with advices on the places that I can explore along Lower Manhattan, which is where I've enjoyed the most on Day1 by walking along the beautiful Hudson River.

Neighbourhood/Location:
Plenty of food options nearby, shophouses were literally opposite the hotel. Starbucks, delicious breakfast options (which I've tried almost all), pizza joints which were all walking distance. A nice Japanese restaurant nearby too.

Location:
Lower Mahanttan is superb in my opinion, It's probably a good 15-20mins walk to Brooklyn Bridge and a couple of subway down to the Wall Street, Stock Exchange, South Seaport, Piers that will take you to Statue Of Liberty and further down south-east into Brooklyn neighbourhood.

Subway:
The hotel is in Tribeca area and there are many subway 'lines' that crosses the stations in this area - which means it's easily accessible to most areas within Manhantten!

Overall stay was great, simply love the weather and my hotel location. Will definitely return to stay and look forward to see the pleasant staff of Duane Street Hotel!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JLim83
Nicolas D, General Manager at Duane Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

We are glad you enjoyed your stay in Tribeca and the entire staff is looking forward to greeting you the next time you are in town,

Reviewed 29 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at Duane Street Hotel recently for a long weekend. We were looking for something cozy and convenient away from the touristy areas, and this was it.

The room itself was small, but nice. The linens were clean and good quality, the bed was comfy, the shower had plenty of hot water, and for a NYC room it was very quiet. Free WiFi in the rooms was nice and good signal. The only slightly negative thing was that the hotel room doors open and close really loudly so we could hear people coming and going at all hours of the day and night.

The hotel is in a great location - close to several good restaurants, close to subway lines, walking distance to Chinatown, Little Italy and the Brooklyn Bridge, a short cab ride to the Village, etc. If you're looking for a good place to stay away from the touristy areas, this is it.

We'll definitely return to Duane Street Hotel for our next trip to the city.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Nicolas D, General Manager at Duane Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

We appreciate your great recommendation and looking forward to having you back next year

Reviewed 27 December 2013

10 of us stayed at the Duane Street Hotel for 5 nights during our recent stay in NYC Christmas week. The hotel is in Tribeca and close to many subway lines. We easily were able to get to the Freedom Tower, Greenwich Village, Soho, Lower East Side, Rockefeller Center, Midtown west and east (basically all over the city). The rooms are small but big enough for a king size bed (many hotels we looked at only had queen beds). The bed, and pillows were extremely comfortable. The bar is in the lobby, the bartender was extremely friendly and so was every other employee we met. (I am sorry I did not get their names to personally acknowledge them all in this review). We did not eat in the restaurant but it has a high Zagat rating! This is the first time we have not stayed in midtown. It was nice to be able to visit the madness of midtown but even nicer to not stay in it! I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Manhattan looking to stay in a great boutique hotel in a "neighborhood" accessible to all.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your great comments and appreciate your recommendation. Lookig forward to having you and friend back next year.