Duane Street Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Frederick Hotel(New York City)
  • Fitness centre
Smyth Hotel(New York City)
  • Restaurant
The Beekman, A Thompson Hotel(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Greenwich Hotel(New York City)
  • Restaurant
SoHo Garden Hotel(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewstribeca areaboutique hotellower manhattanchambers streetnew yorkrooms are smallbrooklyn bridgestreet noisegreat boutiqueworld trade centerthe financial districtrain showergreenwich villagebattery parkcomfortable bedfreedom towerbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Believe the comments about noise. I was "walked" here by anther hotel so hadn't researched the place. Second floor room. Low rumble from trains below. Kind of annoying.... The odd windows right down to the street (think just above eye level) also a bit off-putting. Nice lobby, free Equinox access and friendly staff. Doubt I will come back though.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Nicolas D, General Manager at Duane Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We appreciate honest feedback so that we can work harder to improve our facilities and provide the best experience to each guest. We were happy to have you with us even though it wasn’t in your plans!

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We wanted to treat ourselves to a night away - we live just across the river in Jersey - and we definitely picked the right place! We strongly prefer the vibe downtown--it's just not as hectic and crowded in Tribeca. In the past we've stayed at the Smyth hotel (a Thompson) but Duane Street hotel had a super cozy feel to it - not pretentious at all, not stuffy, just perfect, boutique-y, modern, cool masculine, but warm design--everything about it surpassed our needs. So unassuming.
The staff was super friendly and helpful. Michael at the front desk literally demanded I don't touch my bags and he took us to our room. AND we got upgraded (such a score, we were so lucky). It was like our own 1 bedroom place in the city. We had a few AMAZING cocktails at the tiny lobby bar, where we chatted with the bartender, and then also the restaurant manager/chef who came out to tell us about our amazing little cheese plate.
AND Micheal also found out where were eating down the street, and ran down there to tell the manager it was my birthday so they brought me a candle & cake that night after dinner. Totally went the extra mile - Thanks Michael!
OH AND THE BEDS - how could I forget - we literally sunk into the super plush beds which far surpass what we sleep on every night. You'll never want to get up ;)
All around, our new fave little place, we will def. return.
And plenty of places on that block to eat/drink/shop.

Room Tip: We got upgraded by sheer luck, rooms on the top floor are suites with a living space, wet bar, long/large bathroom with soaking tub….we had 601, corner room, it was great, we'd like to live there….;)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HMSJersey

We appreciate your great comments and will definitely pass along your great reviews to our staff. Looking forward to having you back in NYC very soon!

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Nice small hotel with pleasant staff, clean and comfortable rooms and in an excellent location. This was the perfect hotel for my stay - I was traveling alone and had plans all over the city so the location was ideal. I had easy access to various subway lines and was within walking distance of various neighborhoods. The room was very comfortable and had everything I needed.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rannoun
Nicolas D, General Manager at Duane Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Great comments and feedback. Thank you

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I stayed here 3 nights for a business trip in April 2014. The room was very small and oddly shaped but very nice overall. There were crumbs on the desk chair when i arrived so I'm not sure if the room really got a thorough cleaning. During the week I used coffee cups and wine glasses that I rinsed and set out to dry, but they weren't replaced when the room was cleaned which I thought odd. I caught the housekeeper on my last night when he came to fill the ice bucket and was able to get them replaced, but still just strange, especially if you're already working with the ice bucket, coffee, etc.
The bathroom was nice and modern, just not efficient. The rain shower looks nice but the pressure was low and my long hair took forever to get shampoo out. Also you get wet when you reach under it to turn on the water. Definitely needed more space to hang towels and the bathrobe. And not to nitpick, but the tp holder behind you also wasn't ideal, but I just put it on the counter. More hangers would be nice as well, 4 is not enough!
The bed was very comfy, lots of TV channels, and the room decor was nice, a lot of NYC info.
I requested a fridge in the room and one was brought up within 5 minutes which was great and appreciated. The staff was friendly, always offering to assist and the location was convenient for me to get to my office and the subway. Cookies in the lobby after work were nice too!

Room Tip: I was near the elevator but it wasn't as bad as I feared. I was on te 5th floor and could still hear the garbage trucks and street cleaners but thats just NY.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ewall02
Nicolas D, General Manager at Duane Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you very much for your housekeeping comments and all my sincere apologies ! Will ensure to share your feedback, so we can re-train our staff. Base on our guest feedback we are going to install new towel racks and hooks for our guests convenience by the end of the Spring. Again thank you for your feedback which we truly appreciate

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed here for 6 nights in April as part of a life-long dream to visit NYC! I'm so glad we chose this hotel to stay in, as it truly was fantastic. We arrived at JFK and took the subway into Manhattan for $7.50 each, and got off at Chambers Street which is super close to the hotel (in fact we used the Subway every day to get around). The hotel staff were really friendly on check-in, which was seamless...free iced water and cookies if you wanted them! Our room was fabulous....dark walls, the biggest most comfortable bed I've ever slept in, and a large en-suite bathroom with fancy toiletries. There was ample room for all our things, and a handy in room safe for passports. Every time we arrived or left the hotel the staff were friendly and asked about our day which was a nice touch! TriBeca itself we found to be quite quiet at night, so had to venture a bit further afield for drinks or a wider choice of restaurants, but that was fine as everywhere is so easy to get too! If you like shopping Century 21 is only a ten minute walk from this hotel, and as mentioned previously the Subway is mere minutes (from here you can get to Times Square incredibly quickly!). We got a cab back to JFK which a member of staff hailed for us, and this drove us back over the Brooklyn Bridge which was super exciting!!!

The hotel itself was clean, quiet, comfortable and incredibly stylish.....I would stay again in a heartbeat if I was in NYC, and will definitely recommend to any friends and family that plan to visit!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kate1234Bristol
Nicolas D, General Manager at Duane Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014