“A terrific Tribeca hotel”
Review of Duane Street Hotel

Duane Street Hotel
Ranked #186 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We had a great stay here. Very nicely located for downtown and Brooklyn activities. Close to shopping and great restaurants.
The staff was fabulous. Really went out of their way to accommodate any need. Very cordial and helpful. The hotel has a darling restaurant for breakfast--the food and selection was perfect.
Rooms are small--but that is the case with New York boutiques. Rooms are vicely appointed and very convenient.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and would definitely stay again,

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Nicolas D, General Manager at Duane Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such great comments! We are happy you enjoyed the location and our staff will be so happy to hear the kind remarks. We will also let the breakfast staff know you enjoyed the selection and food served. We’re glad you had a nice trip and we look forward to welcoming you back to Tribeca during your next trip!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

First look - ok - everything is tiny - well - and on second view perfect. A stylish - elegant hotel with plenty of add ons. Queries due to my allergies were handled excellently - the bedding was how I had asked for. Michael at the reception is not only a very handsome manager - also very supportive. The location is excellent - close to Greenwich Village. Next time we would try to stay on a higher floor (street, underground, etc. is quite noisy). So - we will come again. Thanks for all.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Nicolas D, General Manager at Duane Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments! Michael will be very happy to hear that you enjoyed his service. Also, we were more than happy to accommodate your requests regarding your allergies and are happy to hear that you were satisfied. We are excited to welcome you back to Tribeca soon!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I booked a one night stay for a business trip, rather reluctantly. My other preferred chain hotels were full. What a pleasant surprise. I lfell in love with it. It is perfectly situated, close to Walls Street, but also close to great places to shop and dine. And the hotel is excellent with super nice staff. I travel frequently to NY on business, so I know I now have a favorite hotel-- and I will certainly use it what I go to NY for fun. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! Our staff will be so happy to hear your nice comments. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay and we’re happy you enjoyed the location of the Hotel. Thanks again for taking the time to leave a comment, we are excited to welcome you back to Tribeca soon!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

The Duane Street Hotel is a small hotel, but it packs a punch. The lobby is modern and well-appointed. The staff is friendly and helpful. The location, in TriBeCa, is perfect: close to a subway station and everything that lower Manhattan has to offer. The rooms are small but are spotless and luxurious. I'd rather not have carpet in a hotel room, holding whatever dirt from hundreds of travelers before me. The floors at the Duane Street Hotel are bare and therefore clean. I wouldn't mind decorating my own bathroom like the bathroom in my hotel room, with a modern sink and fixtures and beautiful and unique tile on the walls of the tub. The shampoo, soap, etc. are all of great quality. My room during my stay earlier this week was on the fourth floor, overlooking Church Street, but I couldn't hear any street noise (or elevator noise either, for that matter). Also, the sheets and blankets are amazingly soft and, again, luxurious.

A few other amenities: chilled citrus water and chocolate chip cookies in the lobby; although this is a very modern property, it feels homey. Also, guests can get a pass for an Equinox gym that's a few blocks away, which definitely beats using some shabby hotel exercise room.

This is without a doubt my favorite NYC hotel and makes other properties, including the Waldorf Astoria, pale in comparison.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jill l
Nicolas D, General Manager at Duane Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! Our Housekeeping team will be pleased to hear that you were more than satisfied with the condition of the room. As you said we like to think of our Hotel as modern and homey at the same time and we’re happy that you agree with us. Additionally I’m glad you enjoyed the amenities we have to offer such as our Bellino bedding and access to Equinox gym! Thanks again for taking the time to leave a comment, we are excited to welcome you back to Tribeca soon!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Hotel was great and staff was very friendly. Definitely great service. Rooms are indeed small, but design is very
nice. If you don t expect a space to unfold your luggage and want a sense of luxury and a new and hip design you are right here.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank AennKaezz
Nicolas D, General Manager at Duane Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

We appreciate your great comments and will definitely pass along your great reviews to our staff. Looking forward to having you back in NYC very soon!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

What a treat! It was one of the 'book first, find out hotel name later' on one of the travel sites. I wanted to stay in Tribeca, and the Duane Street Hotel was perfect. Yes, it's the SMALL NYC sized rooms, but super-comfy bed, great staff, sweet breakfast and coffee delivered to the room, and perfect location. Restaurants have real new yorkers in them, who are happy to chat. Also close to subways. I noticed some people mentioned 'noisy' -- it was so quiet, it was almost spooky!! Will definitely stay there again. Also recommend Church Publix for a drink/snack, and Blaue Gans for brunch. A winner!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank maxzeldainc
Nicolas D, General Manager at Duane Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Great hotel, good service ruined by lack of response to two emails chasing a deposit guarantee taken on my credit card over two weeks ago. On check in was advised a $75 charge would be taken against my credit card to cover any in room expenses and that this would be debited 3 days after check out.

I checked out two weeks ago, have sent 2 follow up emails, still awaiting a response and debit.

Not happy

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jacqueline T

Thank you for taking time to share your comments. It is always troubling to receive feedback like this regarding the customer service you received regarding your billing. We are looking into your billing but please know a bank will hold an authorizations until it processes a release on these funds, usually 7 to 10 business days after your check-out. I am very sorry that this transaction left a sour note on your stay with us and I apologize that no one has followed up with you to ensure a swifter resolution. Again, thank you again for your comments and please know that it is feedback such as this that helps us to continually improve our customer service.