Duane Street Hotel
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$221
US$206
  • Fitness centre
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$314
US$269
  • Room Service
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$289
US$261
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$392
US$480
US$401
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$384
US$207
US$450
US$397
  • Room Service
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$347
US$227
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$112
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstribeca areaboutique hotellower manhattanchambers streetnew yorkrooms are smallbrooklyn bridgestreet noisegreat boutiqueworld trade centerthe financial districtrain showergreenwich villagebattery parkcomfortable bedfreedom towerbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 October 2008

Great location to so many things, subway is very close and you can walk to Chinatown, little Italy, and the financial district. The staff was very friendly. All good, except when it came to sleeping. We were on the third floor, and I have never stayed in a louder room in my life. It faces Church st and the windows have zero sound proofing. I could hear people talking on the street! It got so bad that I had to buy ear plugs and eye covers which makes for an absolutely terrible sleep. We got the room for $300 a night, some people paid $500 as I heard another guy complaining at the front desk about the price and the noise. I ended up getting sick because of sleeping only 5 hrs in 3 days and getting run down. Nice hotel, just don't expect to sleep a wink!

Stayed: September 2008
1  Thank Furleybird
Reviewed 17 September 2008

Boutique hotels usually have a charm to them, so I avoid big hotel chains when I travel. I stayed for 2 nights and found it not so restful. First, the customer service were mildly friendly, but not that attentive once I was checked in. The room I had was very, very small and filled with cheap furniture. It was noisy, I had to wear earplugs to sleep well at night. The food was ok, but boring, not anything reflecting the price. If you're in nyc, might as well go elsewhere. Not what I usually expect from a boutique hotel.

• Stayed: July 2008
2  Thank H0spitality
Reviewed 22 August 2008

Recently stayed at the Duane Street hotel while traveling for business. It was perfectly adequate for a one-night stay where I was really only in the room to sleep. Room was clean but tiny, but it's Manhattan so that's to be expected. Decor is stylish and modern. Convenient location. One of my traveling companions was upgraded to a Deluxe room and she said it was spacious and great. I'd stay again depending on the price--recently looked to book another trip and it was $100 more than last time, so I booked elsewhere. Though a nice boutique hotel, not worth a premium price.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 August 2008

Just returned from this great little hotel in the tribeca (Triangle below canal) neighborhood of new york city. My fiancee and I stayed for four nights and fell in love with the Duane Street Hotel.

Staff was great (especially the door men), concierge was well informed and efficient (Maggie was the best). Rooms were small-ish, but reasonable by new york standards. Loved the hardwood floors and beautiful bedding. Made the room feel extraordinarily clean. The small sweet treat that was left for us each night was also delicious!

We had breakfast each morning in the restaurant because our rate included breakfast. Service was great, and the food was awesome!

We noticed, as others have, some noise from the street and the construction that was taking place outside, but it wasn't enough to keep us up at night. Once we laid down in the insanely comfortable beds, we were out like light!

We will definitely be back to the Duane Street Hotel! We had a great time, and we can't recommend it enough!

Cheers!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 16 August 2008

Stayed for 5 nights end of June/beginning of July. Room was small as expected with tiny closet and nowhere for luggage but as this was the start of a longer trip we did have 16 days worth of luggage.

Fresh and bright decorated room but as noted already, design of bed, whilst having a comfortable mattress has a wooden base that it is easy to walk into and get bruised from. No fridge. Also safe in closet slightly too big for closet so closet door wouldn't shut properly. Not a problem, just poor design. Another design fault (due to size of room no doubt) only one bedside light. Flat screen TV.

Small bathroom, but no smaller than most hotels (could do with a hook for the bathrobe, actually could do with a second bathrobe - why not have enough for the number of guests in a room? Our Boston hotel did the same - is this a new trend?) Shower was a rain shower so not very powerful. Nice toiletries in bathroom and decent hairdryer.

Very noisy outside of hotel as some sort of roadwork going on - not sure what it was but a sort of giant orange and white cone covering a hole in the ground that was always noisy. Not the hotel's fault and I always bring earplugs anyway.

Location was good, very close to subway so easy to get anywhere and away from the midtown madness, so much more peaceful away from the crowds. Really liked staying downtown.

Found all the staff to be very pleasant and helpful. They accepted a package for us before we arrived (Yankees tickets from Stubhub) and brought this to us as soon as we arrived.

So a few negatives about the design (from somebody who prefers practical to pretty) but yes I would return if the price stays reasonable (well NYC reasonable) due to the location and the staff.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
GM_Duane_Street, General Manager at Duane Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2008

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at the Duane Street Hotel! You kind comments about our team of hotel professionals has been shared with everyone!

We continue to hammer away at the small design inconveniences and value the feedback!

In the spirit of hospitality,

Andrew Dorough