Duane Street Hotel
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
US$208
US$200
  • Pool
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$188
US$308
US$274
US$347
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$301
US$232
  • Pool
US$444
US$412
  • Room Service
NYLO New York City(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$322
US$267
  • Bar/Lounge
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$310
US$243
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$204
US$171
Travelocity
  • Fitness centre
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$226
US$170
  • Fitness centre
All reviewstribeca areaboutique hotellower manhattanchambers streetnew yorkrooms are smallbrooklyn bridgestreet noisegreat boutiqueworld trade centerthe financial districtrain showergreenwich villagebattery parkcomfortable bedfreedom towerbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 June 2010

I stayed here for two nights with my husband. I woke up with 5 huge bit marks in a row on my left leg and was scraching it all day. After showing my doctor because it was all swollen, he determined it to be bed bugs. Absolutely disgusting. I still have bright red marks all down my leg. It's summer and I can't even wear shorts now. This place should be shut down.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank boston1quincy
MHoustonNYC, Manager at Duane Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Duane Street Hotel. This is an unfortunate occurrence and the first of its kind at the property. We take every step necessary to ensure this never happens at our property. After your claim, we had professional exterminators inspect the room but unfortunately they did not find signs of bed bugs. We had the room treated regardless due to your concerns. Bed bugs is an epidemic that surfaced in the entire New York hotel market well over two years ago. We can assure you it is not simply the nature in which we operate the hotel. We conduct training classes on how to locate and eliminate these cases proactively. Please accept our sincere apologies and we truly hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed 20 May 2010

My colleagues and I use this hotel frequently. It is consistently cheaper and better than other "boutique" hotels in New York. Personally I find the whole boutique/trendy hotel thing a scam to charge high prices, with crap service, just because your decor is modern but... this place is clean, the wifi is free (it irks me that hotels charge atop $200 rates) and the rooms are small but no smaller than most. Higher floors don't get much noise and I don't mind the little noise that hits the lower floors. The staff have always been fine for me. We get decent corporate rates so if you can get a deal it's good value. Only negative is breakfast - expensive and usually incredibly slow.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2010

This hotel is an unmitigated disaster, a perfect example of the boutique hotel gone wrong. The unfriendly, unhelpful desk clerk was the highlight of my one night stay. The biggest problem at the Duane Street Hotel is that every room faces Church Street, which is a busy thoroughfare in lower Manhattan. There is no escape from the traffic noise associated with it. Despite assurances from the hotel that the rooms had double glazed windows, it made absolutely no difference. All day, all night long all you could hear was cars, trucks, buses, motorcycles, sirens, etc. It was impossible to sleep and there was nowhere to escape. So if you like street noise, this is your place. If you are a light sleeper, best to look elsewhere. The room was cramped, closet tiny. The bed however was comfortable and the free wireless worked well. No chance I would return for any price.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank jdr27
Reviewed 17 March 2010

Found the hotel via Travel Zoo. The deal included breakfast. The room was very clean with a decent size bathroom. The breakfast was adequate and given the package deal cannot complain. We also used the gym both days of our stay which is only 2 blocks away -- it had tons of equipment, and was not very busy either day. The location of the hotel was very convenient to 2 subways and plenty of shopping. Prior to staying, I was a little nervous about some of the previous review regarding the noise, but we did not notice the noise (and we stayed on the 2nd floor). In fact, slept great both nights -- the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2010

Our room faced the street, but we couldn't hear any traffic. The bathroom was modern, the bed was comfortable, and there were plenty of dressers and space for clothing. The room was small, which was expected. Everything worked well and it was super clean, with a white duvet on the bed and hardwood floor.

The staff were friendly, a plate of home baked cookies were on the desk each day for an afternoon treat.

The room rate included continental breakfast (if you're a coffee drinker you get a whole pot of pressed coffee). It also included a great gym less than 2 blocks away. The gym was new and clean and had every kind of equipment you could want.

Two subway stations are within 2 blocks of the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends