“Beautiful new hot spot”
Review of Hotel Hugo

Hotel Hugo
Ranked #210 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My stay at the Hotel Hugo was such a nice surprise. I have never stayed in Soho and had know idea my family and I would stay in this new beautiful hotel. The decor was so detailed, which have this hotel it's wonderful new city vibe. Clean sleek lobby with fun and beautiful decor, from the side tables with hand crafted legs with feet and toes to the fascinating contemporary light fixtures in and around the lobby. The living garden wall behind the front desk brings the outside in and adds a fresh and inviting welcome. On our way up to our room I could help to touch the walls, thinking it was old reclaimed wood but to my surprise it was concrete! Fabulous look that tied
Contemporary and earthy feel with one element. It was nice to have only four rooms per floor, very cozy. From sheets to soaps this room was top notch and extremely comfortable. The staff was was helpful and knowledgeable of the area, which made it easy to have fun shopping and returning to the hotel either by cab or subway. The Italian restaurant in the hotel was incredible. Fresh new salads and flavorful food( unbelievable breads) served by helpful staff. Chef made and incredible risotto for my husband and son, it wasn't even on the menu. Beautiful hand crafted wood from Italy installed by hand was spectacular. The two tier roof top bar had breath taking views a 360 of the city. A unique spot to sit and relax with friends, a new hot spot in the city. We can not wait to come back in the city... Next week to stay longer and enjoy all the amenities. Simply classic and beautiful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Madmama11
HotelHugoManagement, Director of Sales at Hotel Hugo, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for all of those lovely words of praise. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again very soon! If there is anything we can do for you on future visits, please do not hesitate to ask.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Hugo

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Hotel Hugo was not only the cherry on top of my trip but the whip cream and hot fudge as well. Stop your search for a hotel because congratulations you've found the perfect one. Not only are the rooms top notch with new wooden floors and lovely amenities, but the beds are so comfortable they will make you want to try to stuff the mattress in your suitcase when you have to check out. The staff is absolutely lovely, ready and willing to listen to any comments or recommendations you may have and will do everything in their power to make your stay the best it can be. The hotel's location is perfect as well, located just on the edge of Soho were you can get a great night's sleep without traffic and still a very short walk to the heart of Soho and to a subway stop to the rest of the city.
In short, Hotel Hugo was a joy to stay at and I will definitely return and encourage others to do the same.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank AnonymousGuest2

Dear Guest,

I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review. Your kind words are warmly received. If there is anything I can do to assist you on future stays, please do not hesitate to ask.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Excellent new hotel. Just be aware that you must walk a few blocks to get to shopping, sights. Two subway stops within 4 blocks. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. Small gym but new equipment. UPS depot across the street is a bit noisy.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kevin S

Dear Kevin,

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for sharing some thoughts about your recent stay. We very much appreciate the very kind rating. If there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable in the future, please do not hesitate to ask.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Loved this hotel! Comfortable bed, huge bathroom, soothing decor, and the best part a welcoming personable staff. The Restaurant is also very good and despite being across from the UPS garages it is still private enough to sit sidewalk, for drinks. In the heart of Soho two blocks from spring street subway..

Room Tip: One facing the river & on a higher floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank LGGG123

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the wonderful recommendation. We never tire of hearing such glowing words of praise. I look forward to sharing your review with our staff! Please do come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

As a former New Yorker, I am very picky about where I stay when I come back to visit. We usually stay at the Ritz Carlton or W hotel. We booked this trip last minute and came across Hotel Hugo online. WHAT A PLEASANT SURPRISE. It is a trendy, sexy downtown hotel. The service is top notch. The rooms are small but incredibly well-appointed. They really make the most out of a small space. The mini-bar in the room is incredible and there is a separate martini bar in the closet. Everything is sleek and modern. Loved this place and will be certain to return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Troy P

Dear Troy,

Your kind words of praise are warmly received. I'm so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed the property. It is such a lovely hotel and we never tire of hearing about how our guests discovered it and enjoyed it for the first time. As a former New Yorker, we are honored to have you. We hope to see you again very soon.

George Kurth.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Recent stay at this newly renovated tucked away hotel was a very nice experience. Emerging industrial neighborhood on the Westside. A reasonable walk to downtown and 9/11 Memorial. Not a particular bargain on rates in the $300,'s, but a good value for the money in NYC. Good Italian rest in the lobby. Clean, comfortable modern rooms, but typical OF NYC, not overly roomy. All nite deli around the corner.
The only negative issue was the proximity to the entrance to the Holland Tunnel. If the entrance to the tunnel is blocked due to a traffic problem, or just rush hour traffic, and the taxi driver doesn't go around it, one can get stuck in the gridlock of the Tunnel entrance on the way to the hotel. Just tell the driver to watch not to get stuck.
Otherwise, I would readily stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mnb1
HotelHugoManagement, Director of Sales at Hotel Hugo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I just wanted to extend my gratitude for taking the time to share some thoughts about your recent stay. We very much appreciate the feedback. And great tip re: the Holland Tunnel. So nice to know that you would consider staying with us in the future. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

When I walked into this hotel, the staff was amazingly friendly, the elevators were spacious and the location was unique close to so many interesting NYC places. I thought I had found my new favorite hotel, the room is by no means a typical NYC shoebox (small yes but with place to move around) the bathroom is good sized, the room had a view of trees, was well designed and quiet. But as nice as the room was, it's purpose is a place to sleep and for some reason the owners skimped on the quality of the mattress and the pillows (there are many of them but not a good one in the bunch). As much as I loved the feel of the hotel I did not sleep well, could not get comfortable with the pillows and felt the "bumps" in the bed so ultimately it's not a place I can recommend unless the owners decide to upgrade the bed and pillows at which point I will be first in line to check in.

Room Tip: Ask to stay overlooking the back courtyard
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
HotelHugoManagement, Director of Sales at Hotel Hugo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to share some thoughts about your recent stay. We very much value your feedback. I would also like to extend my sincere apology if your rest was affected in any way during your stay. I can very much appreciate the frustration of this. However, I must sincerely say that this is quite unusual. And not a concern that we hear very often, or at all. I can, however, point to at least ten reviews where guests have expressed to us their pure delight in how comfortable the beds are. I do not tell you this to argue against your review, but rather I simply want to assure you and others that there is absolutely nothing low quality about our beds, the pillows or the sheets. They are, in fact, of the highest quality. Once again, my intention is not to diminish your concern. If there is anything we can do to win you back as a customer, please do not hesitate to ask.