“Last minute booking”

Ranked #224 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Vero Beach, Florida
“Last minute booking”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Found this great place to stay the day before my arrival. My late in the day check-in went smoothly. The staff at the front desk was friendly and efficient. The very well organized, small room had a comfortable bed, clean bathroom and it was wonderfully quiet on the 8th floor. Very well stocked mini bar...There was a problem with the thermostat. Within 10 min. after a call to the front desk, someone came to make the proper adjustments...This SoHo location is good with many restaurants close by.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank JoHoWiDe
HotelHugoManagement, General Manager at Hotel Hugo, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear JoHoWiDe,

I wanted to take this moment and say thank you for writing this review! I am grateful to hear your experience at check in went smoothly and that you felt comfortable in your guest room. I'm sorry you experienced an issue with the thermostat, but I'm please to hear we were able to help make the proper adjustment. Thank you again for your review and I hope you will stay with us the next time you are in the city.

David McManus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
San Francisco
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Great location, river view, small but well appointed room. Superb service. Ask for a floor above the 10th floor (or at least the 6th Floor). The bed was comfortable. Love the wood -- well designed room. Felt nautical which made the small size of the room more agreeable. the room felt transportive. Quiet location. Well curated snack bar.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Mimi R
Dear Mimi,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a great review! I am please to read you enjoyed the design of our guest room and felt that the bed was comfortable and the location quiet. I would also like to thank you for your kind words about our service. I hope the next time you are visiting New York City you choose to stay with us!

Take care,
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Hidden on a quiet street in Soho, this hotel is a pleasant surprise. Rooms are pleasant and inviting but very small. No comfortable chair to lounge in; bedside lamps way too dim .. shouldn't have to strain your eyes to read. If you're lucky you will run into Jose. He will help you in any way he possible can to make your stay a pleasant one. The Hugo is, on the whole, a good value for your money.

1 Thank Muriel G
HotelHugoManagement, General Manager at Hotel Hugo, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Good Afternoon,

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you, Muriel, for sharing some thoughts about your most recent stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you felt that Hotel Hugo was a good value and that Jose was able to make your stay more comfortable. Your compliments are warmly received. However, I did notice that you scored us quite low in a number of areas. I want you to know that we do not take a three star review lightly. If there is anything we can do for you in the future to ensure a more satisfactory experience, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Montreal
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Great hotel, friendly staff, the restaurant was nice. If your looking for a quiet area, this is not the hotel, its right across the street from a UPS sorting facility. Witch kind of caused a lot of noise during dinner at the restaurant. We personally weren't bother but other people were.

1 Thank Sara G
Dear Sara,

I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to share some thoughts about your recent stay. We very much appreciate the feedback. I apologize if there was unusually noisy street activity during your dinner. I can certainly understand how that could be a nuisance. I'm very pleased to hear that it did not lesson your overall experience. We hope to see you again some day soon.

Great Falls, Virginia
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The hotel has potential, but much improvement needed. Poor first experience.
The staff were eager to help, but the room was very uncomfortable, very hot.

We had a poor night sleep, and certainly did not get our money worth.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Abraham K
Dear Abraham,

I just wanted to take a moment to apologize that you had some issues with your thermostat. I can easily understand how being uncomfortable or hot in your room can sour your experience. Please accept my sincere apologies. I hope that our staff was able to make up for the inconvenience. If not, please feel free to contact me directly.

dmcmanus@hotelhugony.com
Westport, Connecticut
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This gorgeous little hotel has been so thoughtfully designed. The small rooms are perfectly appointed and quite beautiful. Quiet enough to get some sleep with just the right amount of lively during waking hours.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Diane P
HotelHugoManagement, General Manager at Hotel Hugo, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Diane,

Your kind words are warmly received. I will never grow tired of hearing from guests like you who have such attention to detail. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel's unique and stylish design and that you found it to be as warm and as comfortable as it is beautiful. We could not ask for a more perfect review. WE hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Great new hotel in a slightly off best area near the Hudson. Impeccable service. Rooms are tiny but very well thought out with high tech functionality. Great bed and linens and very thoughtful staff. Get a room with a view of the Hudson, pretty extraordinary. Loved the restaurant as well. The rooftop bar basically has a 360 view of the city but the music was so shrill and loud it made it impossible to stay there though it is well worth checking out. A bit pricey but I would stay there again for the right deal.

Room Tip: Get a room on a high floor with a view of the Hudson!
1 Thank travellinghopefully
Dear Guest,

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for sharing some thoughts about your most recent stay with us here at Hotel Hugo. In particular, I wanted to thank you for your feedback regarding the rooftop experience. We've been waiting and waiting for it to finally be ready and now that it's open, we are very excited to see the reviews and feedback trickle in. Thank you for being one of the first! We hope to see you again in the future.

David McManus

P.S. If you are interested in keeping in touch for special offers, be sure to visit our website and follow us on Facebook.