“Bucket List”

Trapeze School New York
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Trapeze School New York (TSNY) is dedicated to making flying trapeze available to anyone who seeks inspiration, challenge, fitness or just a couple hours of unique fun! Our mission every day is to create a safe, fun, challenging environment where our students strive to surpass limitations and feel the freedom of flight. All experience levels welcome, come see what you can do!! Forget Fear. Worry about the addiction! (R)
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Stairs / lift
Reviewed 28 April 2013

This should be on the top of your bucket list. It is one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Although it is a bit anxiety-provoking and may make you suddenly have trust issues when the person holding onto you tells you to lean out past a tall ledge, you should work past it in order to have one of the most memorable moments in your life. I had so much fun that I went back a second time in the same week. I recommend getting the DVD with the pictures.

1  Thank VivianNicole
There are newer reviews for Trapeze School New York

Reviewed 23 April 2013

As it was my birthday while holidaying in NY, my friend thought it would be a good idea to shout me a lesson at the Trapeze School. I'm a bit of an adrenaline junkie but I was very apprehensive about this. Probably the fact that I had just turned 53 and not sure my body could do the things that might be expected of me was constantly on my mind.....until we arrived and the lovely staff put my mind at ease. You were given a brief but detailed run through of what to do and what to expect then up the ladder you go. Up the top Annie put you at ease straight away and before you knew it you were hopping off the platform. After getting my legs on the bar the second time around I was so excited and started to get the hang of things. We then did a roll off the bar to fall into the net and finally, were being caught by another instructor! Wow it was so much fun. Unfortunately I return home to Australia soon and may not get back there to do it again but it will be one of the most memorable experiences of my time in New York. Thank you to the friendly, helpful staff. You're super!

1  Thank DebRed_10
Reviewed 12 December 2012

My wife and I did this as an anniversary gift. We both had an excellent experience. It was one of those things we had on our list and we can now count it as done!

I can't think of anything negative to say about this experience...well, there was the fact that I lacked enough flexibility to hook the bar under my knees, but that's my own problem.

I'd recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank cm l
Reviewed 24 September 2012

This was really fun, but scary. The instructors are so nice and really positve and make the experience really fun....especially if you are a bit scared. I didnt know that you would be hanging from your knees, doing a flip, and even catching another instructors arms - so you definately get a well rounded experience. I was surprised how heavy the trapeze bar was - for some reason I thought it would be lighter. This is a totally safe experience as you have lots of harnesses and there are people of all ages in the class. Its really fun to watch the others in your class and root them on - a good bonding experience for sure!

Reviewed 20 September 2012

I am good with heights and in OK physical shape (i.e. I have no problem climbing a 20 foot ladder onto an elevated platform).
Even though I must admit that I wondered more than once why I was up there with my toes above space, about to jump, and leaning forward past your balance point while somebody held you back from falling was highly disconcerting. Nevertheless I would not have missed it and would almost call it a bucket list item. Staff offer individual advice and do their best to walk you through all the maneuvers. Most there got the hang (no pun intended) of switching from hanging by your hands to looping their knees over the trapeze bar the key to performing most of the actions (at the end you hang upside down by your knees and are caught by an instructor). I found this tough, but instructors kept offering advice. Do not worry about falling - you are in a safety harness from the moment you start climbing to the platform till your feet are on the ground.

A couple of cautions - If you have an issue that might make you ineligible for this, I would call in advance They do not ask about back injuries etc. till you are about to start, and I do not know if there are weight limits.
Also do not be surprised if you ache the day after (spoken as a 55 year old).

2  Thank ambrose d